The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

KasperVld why is this rule in place? I ask because using the html img element linking a image from another site doesn't use up any resources on this forum or server end.

Because this is a discussion forum and not an image forum - at the end of the day it would be a real pain browsing through a forum in which half the messages are images of people reaction to eachother without adding to the discussion.

So, Kasper, what would you say the progress was yesterday in squashing the unexpected bugs?

I hope that's appropriately vague enough to answer. :wink:

There was progress. I hope that's an appropriately vague enough answer :wink:

Was around 28 minutes...but now he's added an addendum saying that debris was recoverable but doesn't show in the popup. So my apologies for disseminating information I heard in 4kb's vid.

I just rewatched it, seems you are right - but we do not see him how he tried to recover the debris, so maybe recovery from the observatory is broken? Hm ...

And I never said I read it in the FAQ...I said I heard it on a video. It was 4kbShort's Lets Learn to Play KSP .24. Video Here:

Was around 28 minutes...but now he's added an addendum saying that debris was recoverable but doesn't show in the popup. So my apologies for disseminating information I heard in 4kb's vid.

Well he did not know about the button on part for do test, he had problems doing a burn in orbit, perhaps for the same reason.

Did not remember the parachute test he got credit for during return from the test flight.

I see it as far more probably that he did not know or forgot to toggle derbies on in tracking station, or that the did not have derbies who separated out.

This typically happens under failed landings or splashdowns of ships, launchpad fails also give lots of derbies but can be reverted.

Parts without any braking tend to be totally destroyed, so if you drop the service module / upper stage at 1 km you don't get any part of it. if you keep it atacthed to pod and land at 15 m/s you lose some parts and other breaks away if radially connected. .

Did you listen to him? He was answering questions that he figured would be frequently asked. He never even attempted it in the video...he said he tried it before he made the video and it didn't work.

He probably just missed the fact that funds were applied to his account but there was NO MESSAGE that told him of those funds being added (hence his "doesn't appear in the popup" message he added into the video AFTER I had watched it on Monday).

Because this is a discussion forum and not an image forum - at the end of the day it would be a real pain browsing through a forum in which half the messages are images of people reaction to each other without adding to the discussion.

There was progress. I hope that's an appropriately vague enough answer :wink:

Recently I was on a thread on another forum which literally turned into about 20 pages of people posting memes in response to other memes...

99 little bugs in the code,

99 bugs in the code,

squash one down compile it out,

127 little bugs in the code...

whar stop, WHAR?

The best thing with 64 bit KSP is, that I have only 4 gigs of ram anyway, so for me, that will not make any difference :( (?)

Correct, if you're only running 4GB of ram, 64 bit should make no difference...in fact you may want to continue running 32 as it's less "buggy" supposedly.

Do I have to follow every Squad person on Twitter to get timely info?

Squad y u no use official channels?

This.

Don't want to have to troll around on Twitter, Facebook, [insert place other than KSP home or forums here], to get news about KSP. =,(

nahh when you have 4 Gb of RAM 64 bit bring also something!

32 bit are nearly 3,5 Gigabite BUT you also need to address die Space from your Videocard! so it#s 3,5 GB Minus Videocard space.

on a 32 bit operational System you also can put at maximum 2 GB to one Process! (thats because the Virtual Address space is a little smaller than the physical address space)

Man, I guess I will just stay in .23.5, that way all my realism mods will stay and I don't have to be afraid of the 64 bit crash my game (I don't play career mode, so funds dont matter to me). I really have to get more RAM power

nahh when you have 4 Gb of RAM 64 bit bring also something!

32 bit are nearly 3,5 Gigabite BUT you also need to address die Space from your Videocard! so it#s 3,5 GB Minus Videocard space.

on a 32 bit operational System you also can put at maximum 2 GB to one Process! (thats because the Virtual Address space is a little smaller than the physical address space)

Oh, you ninjad me! Well, I'll see what happens! So MAYBE the update will come today? OH.MY.GOD!

This.

Don't want to have to troll around on Twitter, Facebook, [insert place other than KSP home or forums here], to get news about KSP. =,(

lots of this. The last time we had a dev blog was October 2013...

either get rid of `dev blogs` or do some dev blogs. The `it`s here on your front page but we`ll just let it sit there and not change for 9 months` is a bit poor.

Use it or lose it please?

In other news, miguel said 17 hours ago "no release today, unexpected bugs".

15 hours ago there was an updated version on steam and a FAQ (just enough time to squash some bugs, compile and upload)

8 hours sleep, some travel and some testing might take 12-18 hours.

There has not been a "It`s not today" today...

"I played @KerbalSpaceP about six hours longer than needed because I was having too much fun with the new update."

doesn`t help in the twitter feed either...

Edited by John FX