.24 contracts

just wondering if the new contract system is going to break saves on already up and running career modes, or if it will seamlessly blend and you can keep chugging right along with your current careers. i put in alot of time over the past few days and its not the end of the world if i lose my career mode save, i could start a new one but i just wanted to know if i should even worry about it or what the deal is, thanks! :)

just wondering if the new contract system is going to break saves on already up and running career modes, or if it will seamlessly blend and you can keep chugging right along with your current careers. i put in alot of time over the past few days and its not the end of the world if i lose my career mode save, i could start a new one but i just wanted to know if i should even worry about it or what the deal is, thanks! :)

As far as anyone knows it will not break saves (Citation needed), however don't hold your breath. In fact it would almost be better to just start over anyway because of contracts.

As far as anyone knows it will not break saves (Citation needed), however don't hold your breath. In fact it would almost be better to just start over anyway because of contracts.
crud, well anyways you answered my question, thanks a ton!

Considering .24 was just delayed to add budgets as well, I'd second the recommendation to play your current save now, and start a new one when the update drops. Which will probably be in mid-summer. [citation needed]

It's usually good to assume a new update will break previous saves, and I haven't heard anything that would indicate otherwise. And like previously stated the new .24 is likely to be a big change to how career plays, so even if an old save does work technically it will likely be very weird gameplaywise.

Also: moved this here, gameplay questions forum is more for questions regarding released versions of the game.

Edited by DYJ

I agree with above. I feel with the addition of contracts i wouldn't be surpirsed if the update breaks saves.

I also believe .24 is further away than we think so play career now without much worry.

Maybe something along the lines of the old career games just turning into sandbox games would happen. Thus you wouldn't have to convert games over, rather just move them to a different setup and disregard budgetary concerns and all the other things that will come with the .24 update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.