[1.1.3] Part Wizard (1.2.5) [22-Jun-2016]

ozraven

Sorry all for the lack of attention, I've found 1.1.2 to be unreliable so I've been distracting myself away from KSP and eagerly waiting for 1.1.3. I completely intend to continue with Part Wizard! @linuxgurugamer thank you for your efforts to help, I appreciate the assist and also for your other work to keep all our favorite mods available and working. :)

I'm currently at work, but as time allows, I'll review the recent posts and see what I can do for bugs/features/suggestions/etc. in the next day or so, even in advance of KSP 1.1.3.

23 hours ago, ozraven said:

Sorry all for the lack of attention, I've found 1.1.2 to be unreliable so I've been distracting myself away from KSP and eagerly waiting for 1.1.3.

I am not alone! You're the first I'm aware of who said these magic words of having balls.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:58 AM, Galenmacil said:

Just reporting that the icon behavior, stock toolbar or Blizzy toolbar, is not remembered between sessions. We could also use a resizable window. Other than that, great and a must have mod!

Toolbar preference confirmed not working, looking in to this now. Resizable window is something I've wanted to do for a while, but I think I've gotten used to the fixed size that it became a low priority. I'll revisit this soon - thanks for the bug report and suggestion. :)

On 5/22/2016 at 5:25 AM, Gordon Dry said:

As soon as I clicked any item in the list (left or right), the tool tip of that part always hovers next to the mouse, disturbing other tool tips ...

I'm not sure how to reproduce this, would you be able to provide a screenshot of the problem?

On 5/20/2016 at 5:10 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Allright, how about being an obvious mod, opening the context menu of hidden parts (by accident or under fairings etc.)?

On 6/2/2016 at 6:46 PM, Galenmacil said:

Like Gordon Dry suggested, It would be a good idea to be able to click on a part in the "Part Wizard" window to be able to select it. Useful when you have a "hidden" part inside another one and you want to move it...

Context menu access (and part selection) is something I've attempted to do in older versions of KSP without success. It's a feature idea I want to revisit now that there have been many changes to the VAB/SPH/editor as perhaps the solution is more obvious. Thanks for the suggestions - helps me figure out what everyone would like to see. :)

Part Wizard is broken under 1.1.3 due to changes to the way staging is handled. The good news is that the fix was made, so expect a release later today or tomorrow. I'd very much like to get the toolbar preference bug fixed in the same release.

Edited by ozraven
Added thoughts on window resizing.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@ozraven

Any chance to get this added to CKAN? working in CKAN again?

CKAN isn't showing it for 1.1.3, it thinks the latest allowable KSP version is 1.1.0

I believe you added the most recent metadata, so I'm not sure what needs to be done. I've no intention of using CKAN, but if there's some metadata file I can update with my usual Git push or otherwise simple step to do, cool. Otherwise, if you or someone wants to curate CKAN availability, that's an option too.

1 hour ago, ozraven said:

I believe you added the most recent metadata, so I'm not sure what needs to be done. I've no intention of using CKAN, but if there's some metadata file I can update with my usual Git push or otherwise simple step to do, cool. Otherwise, if you or someone wants to curate CKAN availability, that's an option too.

I can update the netkan file, but moving forward, do you think you can add the AVC .version file?  that would mostly solve the problems

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can update the netkan file, but moving forward, do you think you can add the AVC .version file?  that would mostly solve the problems

Thanks. I'll look in to including an AVC .version file in the next release.

• 3 months later...

I've added some code to PartWizard which will show bad struts & fuel lines.  This gives it the functionality of the old StrutFinder mod.

@ozraven, Let me know if you would like me to create a PR on github for you

Compiled for 1.2:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d486k4gf8vawzy/PartWizardUnofficial.zip?dl=0

Edited by linuxgurugamer

One more update:

You can now show parts with specific resources.  Click the "Resources" button to select which resources parts need in order to show.

Both the Categories and the Resources filters work together.

Version is now 1.2.6.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d486k4gf8vawzy/PartWizardUnofficial.zip?dl=0

On 10/7/2016 at 10:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@ozraven Are you going to update this for 1.2?  Do you need any help with it?

I took a quick look, and have a working DLL.  Not too much testing, but there weren't too many changes needed.

Yes, I plan to update for 1.2...but looks like you beat me to it. :)

On 10/8/2016 at 4:03 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've added some code to PartWizard which will show bad struts & fuel lines.  This gives it the functionality of the old StrutFinder mod.

@ozraven, Let me know if you would like me to create a PR on github for you

Compiled for 1.2:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d486k4gf8vawzy/PartWizardUnofficial.zip?dl=0

Great, many thanks! Yes, please send all PRs, I'm thrilled to have someone else interested in improving PW. :)

On 10/8/2016 at 5:38 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

An update to my changes:

I've added a way to only display specific class of parts.  Click the "Categories" button to select which part categories to show

Same file as above, the version in the .version file and in the compiled dll is now 1.2.6.2

Sweet.

On 10/8/2016 at 9:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

One more update:

You can now show parts with specific resources.  Click the "Resources" button to select which resources parts need in order to show.

Both the Categories and the Resources filters work together.

Version is now 1.2.6.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d486k4gf8vawzy/PartWizardUnofficial.zip?dl=0

Stop reading my feature plans list! :wink:

1 hour ago, ozraven said:

Yes, I plan to update for 1.2...but looks like you beat me to it. :)

Great, many thanks! Yes, please send all PRs, I'm thrilled to have someone else interested in improving PW. :)

Sweet.

Stop reading my feature plans list! :wink:

PR on it's way.

Be sure to read the note on the PR before doing the merge

Edited by linuxgurugamer

27 minutes ago, ozraven said:

Quick update: The 1.3.0 release of Part Wizard is nearly ready. I'm testing it and working on a few tweaks and bugs I've come across. Soon(TM).

Sweet. I'm already sick of seeing the "You have not purchased [all these frikin parts] and cannot launch" msg and knowing I have nothing to easily handle the situation with yet. A shame they didn't go the extra mile in that UI and check that the user could purchase the parts and just give a Purchase All option like there is in the R&D building for a tech node

Edited by Drew Kerman

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@ozraven

You need to fix a problem in the ToolbarWrapper.cs, see this post for more info:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll include the fix nightingale suggests in the release. Everything seems to be working except a UI issue but I'm planning to do the next release Soon(TM). (Tentatively today.)

Sorry for the delay, I was in the process of releasing the new version but had forgotten to make the necessary changes for Blizzy's Toolbar. Those changes have been made but am now fixing a bug I found where the icon isn't displaying properly switching to Blizzy's toolbar when previously using stock toolbar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 4:58 PM, ozraven said:

Sorry for the delay, I was in the process of releasing the new version but had forgotten to make the necessary changes for Blizzy's Toolbar. Those changes have been made but am now fixing a bug I found where the icon isn't displaying properly switching to Blizzy's toolbar when previously using stock toolbar.

How's it going, need any help?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody,

Here is a recompiled, working version for 1.2.2, with a few additions:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartWizard/releases/download/1.2.2a/PartWizard-4-1.2.2a.zip

• Updated for 1.2.2
  • Added special colors for fuel lines and struts
  • Added code to not constantly update the highlighting
Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.