[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

SIT89

On 9/3/2016 at 11:49 AM, Sharpy said:

Can I somehow force a merge other than through recovery?

On 9/16/2016 at 2:48 AM, JacktoseIntolerant said:

I don't think so. I may stand to be corrected, but I believe that FMRS does not (and cannot) merge the ships from the other instances. It just figures out the benefits of the recovery, and then mods your main save with that extra money, science, etc.

I might have been wrong there. From the top post:

On 5/17/2014 at 5:06 AM, SIT89 said:

The separated vessels will be added to your main save after landing, or automatically recovered.

So now I don't know anything.

10 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

So I recently made a Mars Rover mission using a Falcon 9 Heavy, and I couldn't have done it without FMRS so thank you SIT89!

Here is the mission: http://imgur.com/a/jjb9l

Dude awesome post! I live down here near the space center and was able to watch a booster come back to the Cape at night. It was surreal. 

On 09/10/2016 at 0:45 PM, Ban3k8 said:

I must be doing something really stupid, but I just can't seem to get this to work ... All the instructions say to activate it, the videos I've seen start with it active, but how do I activate it??

Are you using 1.2 Prerelease? If you are, then it hasn't been updated for 1.2 yet. Hopefully it will be soon though. :)

3 hours ago, BananaTime101 said:

Are you using 1.2 Prerelease? If you are, then it hasn't been updated for 1.2 yet. Hopefully it will be soon though. :)

Not that I'd know of ... At least the game totally messed up when I installed the KRE for 1.2, so no, I'm not ...

I would assume that it should be quite obvious as to how to activate it ... The instructions just say to go to the launch pad and activate it, but I just don't see anything anywhere that would allow me to do so ... In the videos that I've seen showcasing the mod the guys always start with it already active, so at this point I really don't know if I'm just seriously stupid or if the thing actually isn't functioning properly/at all ... I really wish this would work cause it seems like an awesome tool, in fact I'd say it's something that should be available in the game by default!

59 minutes ago, JacktoseIntolerant said:

@SIT89 are you working on 1.2? Do you want any help?

Considering he hasn't been active since April we might be waiting for a while. If you have some experience he probably doesn't mind if you fork/recompile it until he comes back. I'm becoming quite desperate without FMRS and would definitely appreciate it.

I managed to hack the netkan well enough to bump the compatibility on CKAN to 1.1.99, but I don't know than I'm up to working on the real FMRS code. And I understand that it needs it, as it's not working in 1.2. Not to mention that we don't even have the source of the latest version.

I'm considering just switching to Stage Recovery. It's not as cool, but it is actively developed.

Edited by JacktoseIntolerant

On 19/10/2016 at 8:48 PM, JacktoseIntolerant said:

I managed to hack the netkan well enough to bump the compatibility on CKAN to 1.1.99, but I don't know than I'm up to working on the real FMRS code. And I understand that it needs it, as it's not working in 1.2. Not to mention that we don't even have the source of the latest version.

I'm considering just switching to Stage Recovery. It's not as cool, but it is actively developed.

Yeah, I prefer FMRS too 'cuz you can land the boosters yourself instead of letting the game decide if you have enough parachute spam or not. :( It's a shame the dev has disappeared. Hopefully someone else will update it one day.

45 minutes ago, aikixd said:

Can anyone elaborate as to what precisely doesn't work in 1.2? The mod isn't big, so I'm thinking to try patch it. I just need to be sure where to look for problem.

Tried it with the latest module manager and it fails to load. Using the MM version that comes with the mod doesn't work either.

Log:

Spoiler

[LOG 18:43:42.952] ActionCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[LOG 18:43:42.969] AppCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[LOG 18:43:43.238] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.2.7.2
[LOG 18:43:43.239] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.7.2.dll
[LOG 18:43:43.261] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ModuleManager' V2.5
[LOG 18:43:43.261] Load(Assembly): FMRS/FMRS
[LOG 18:43:43.262] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FMRS\FMRS.dll
[LOG 18:43:43.263] Load(Assembly): Squad/Plugins/KSPSteamCtrlr
[LOG 18:43:43.264] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Plugins\KSPSteamCtrlr.dll
[LOG 18:43:43.265] Load(Assembly): Squad/Plugins/Steamworks.NET
[LOG 18:43:43.265] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Plugins\Steamworks.NET.dll
[LOG 18:43:43.267] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 18:43:43.296] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:43:43.297] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:43:43.300] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'FMRS': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FMRS.FMRS_PM' from assembly 'FMRS, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[LOG 18:43:43.313] VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type CommNetVessel with order 999
[LOG 18:43:43.315] VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type FlightIntegrator with order 0
[LOG 18:43:43.317] VesselModules: Found 2 VesselModule types
[LOG 18:43:43.326] 

Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.7.2 v2.7.2.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v9.0.0.0 / v9.0.0

Folders and files in GameData:
FMRS
Stock folder: Squad

ModuleManager.2.7.2.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

[LOG 18:43:43.332] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[LOG 18:43:43.353] [ModuleManager] Adding ModuleManager to the loading screen 2
[LOG 18:43:43.354] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KSPSteamController' from assembly 'KSPSteamCtrlr'
[ERR 18:43:43.503] <color=orange><b>[KSPSteamController]:</b> Failed to initialize Steam API!</color>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.