Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

I spent nearly all of yesterday playing the demo and watching videos of KSP. When I get home today the first thing I\'m doing is donating and grabbing the newest version.

I see so much potential for this game, and I can\'t wait for the future missions to Kerbal\'s version of Mars or the moons of Saturn; launching and recovering satellites; and maybe races to the moon versus a friend in the same persistent world.

Thanks KSP team for developing this awesome game.

Know what this game has done to me?

It made me rethink my career as a robotics researcher, and led me to decide to expand into engineering. That way I can work on rocketry and robotics at the same time!

Thanks to Kerbal Space Program and its wonderful developers!

I want to thanks Squad for this game.

I spent all holidays researching anything rocket related and came back to school acing my projectiles and circular motion sections of physics.

Now to convince the science department that playing ksp is \'homework\'.

There\'s nothing quite like ksp.

It has one of the greatest communities I have ever seen. You can log on and withing minutes get an anwser to a question.

Many thanks to everyone, especially the KSP team!

KSP is amazing in so many ways and I thank the Devs for all the work they have put into it.

Even with the game in its infancy it has grown immeasurably since I have joined this community. With the continually growing pool of capabilities, from the developing game and the community add-ons, I am excited to see where this is heading.

The involvement of the Devs in the community has also been wonderful, we feel like our voices are heard and that you actually care that we enjoy this wonderful experience.

Thank you

I\'m going to chime in here. Thank you Squad. This humble little game has become one of my favorite things to play with, ever.

But WHAT makes it wonderful, to me, is the open-ended nature of it. The idea of having a whole, actual world to explore, and no rails or walls or other obstacles except my own capabilities in the game preventing me from flying off to visit anything I can see in the Universe.

The new terrain system really makes that part of the experience more tangible. I loved coming down on the Mun the first time and seeing little boulders appear below me.

I can\'t wait for more planets to appear in the game. I can see multi-day missions playing out. I almost feel like I need to devote a dedicated machine to KSP because although I enjoy the warp function I also like the notion of 'living' these missions in real-time. I have several times done a 'real time' Mun mission where I launch in the evening, sleep while we reach Munar orbit, and then try to land the ship at 4:00 a.m.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I would also like to thank the mods for keeping this forum going so well, and all the new devs who have worked on the game. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
I\'ve had so much fun with this game guys, I\'ve definitely gotten my $15 worth and I\'m looking forward to further development. Thanks very much!

This. I only discovered the game on March 3rd when somebody linked to the teaser trailer on Reddit, I didn\'t even need to see the entire trailer or even try the demo before I was giving them my money. $15 is a steal, I\'ll certainly be giving more in the future.

Since then I\'ve easily played 50+ hours on vanilla alone. Probably 100+ hours, I lose track of time so easily when playing it.

Probably the best place to make my first post, Thanks for all the hard work and new as well as interesting ideas that have made KSP so fun, Also thank you for being prompt with service cause I donated during the last 2 weeks story glitch.

Cheers!

I would like to add my thanks to the wonderful team developing this fine game.

I found out about this game by chance watching youtube videos made by YogscastSips. I have long been a fan of the Buzz Aldrin\'s Race to Space game (yes, I am that old). I often hoped a successor would be made, and this is much more than I ever hoped I would see.

I immediately purchased the game and am having a blast ( no pun intended :D). I look forward to all of the upcoming features, but mostly the mission planners and ability to budget my program in hopes of making it successful.

Thanks again for all the great work!

The only thing I can really think to say is 'thanks, guys, for making a game that\'s shaping up to be everything I\'d ever wanted in a spaceflight sim via a dev process I\'m proud to support.'

Oh, and of course many wishes of good luck and serendipity in coding.

You guys are seriously amazing.

I too thank the KSP team! I was absolutely blown away by this game when I discovered it last August. it has provided the kind of childlike joy I used to have for games when i was younger, something that I cannot find with today\'s AAA titles. I have already gotten my monies worth. I have never before been so inspired by a game that I wanted to become a part of the community and this game has brought me out of my shell. Thanks KSP, what you have developed here sets my imagination ablaze with possibilities for the future of gaming. Where else do you get an entire solar system as your sandbox?! Even if it is just a planet, star and moon right now it is something to behold that we can create our own vessels and travel to other worlds. :D

Hey just wanted to say thanks to the dev team and also the modders out there! For me KSP has reignited an interest in physics, astronautics and \'how things work\' in general. I\'m a sculptor student in England and hopefully I can use some of these new found interests in my sculptor.

Keep up the good work and i look forward to the next update :D

I think thanks to the dev team is in order from me as well... A new found interest in space and rockets! Although, I\'m not sure if my ordering 1kg of potassium nitrate to make some rocket fuel is a good thing, I\'ve certainly been at the forefront of home rocket development, developing a whole new ceramic rocket nozzle concept! (it\'s probably not new at all, but I can always dream :D )

Here\'s to many more launches, both real and virtual, into the far future! Thanks guys!

Minecraft is pretty cool, but to me, KSP is the best Indie game since Mount&Blade.

I\'d had countless hours of fun long before I pre-ordered.

And while the game itself ranks about even with M&B for me in terms of fun, the open approach to development is, i believe, unprecedented and has amazed me on an almost daily basis ever since I joined this forum. It is making it about as much fun for me to watch this game grow as it is to play it.

Thanks for giving us a chance to be a part of this project, and congratulations on giving an example of what 'communication' should mean for companies in the 21st century.

I\'d also like to thank the KSP team. I\'ve played around with Orbiter a bit, and while its a good it doesn\'t hold a candle to KSP. There\'s just something so endearing about watching those little Kerbal faces contort in terror as you launch a jury-rigged rocket skyward. Keep up the great work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.