Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

:D I have to agree with everyone here. I just recently joined the KSP community, and I already like it way more than any of the other games I've played in the past. It's physics are awesome, and the graphics are good too. Keep doing what you do KSP Team! Edited by sneezedr424

I'm glad someone created this thread. I wanted to let you guys know that I am so happy you exist. Honestly. I know you guys get a lot of flak here on the forums and, personally, I don't understand it. You listen to us when we make suggestions and politely correct us when we make a mistake. That is very honorable, in my opinion.

And the game. Good gravy, the game! I have spent days of my life playing this game and I only got it a month ago! My sleep schedule has gone completely awry and I couldn't be happier! And I am sure .17 and .18 and what ever follows will be awesome! Keep up the good work and for heaven's sake, take all the time you need!

I'd like to share an observation with You guys.

When I first bought KSP it had the scent of novelty. I played it every free moment of my life until next update. I THINK it was .11

Then when the 'shiny new toy' stopped being new (still shiny thou), I've played maybe every 4-5 days. Just for fun, to relax.

And here's the observation: That ratio is growing. We are on .16 and there are hardly any days I don't play KSP.

Conclusion is simple. weter You guys are doing this on purpose or not, KSP is becoming MOAR addictive by the update.

And that's what I would like to thank You SQUAD. You've managed to cure my Minecraft addiction by replacing it with (clearly better) KSP addiction :D

So Thank YOU! And Happy New Easter!

Thank you for creating such a unique, awesome, and ever-improving game. I have never seen anything like it in my whole life, and it's my all-time favorite. Seriously, you guys are amazing.

Edited by Felsmak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to the devs! I tried the demo on Friday and purchased the game on Saturday :)

The game really evokes a bit of the wonder I had when I was a kid watching the space shuttles launch. Even better, my 7 year old daughter sat on my lap for a few hours watching me play KSP. We laughed at my rockets horrible yet hilarious failures. When we finally starting making our way in to space/orbit she was equally excited. We talked weight and fuel consumption, and the next steps in our quest to Mun. It's not often a game can foster this type of thing from a Dad and his kids...so seriously...thanks.

Not only is KSP fun, I really think this game could be used in schools and other educational environments with small(er) kids. If the Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego can, so can KSP.

Edited by Renevent

• 7 months later...

This is such a good game, I have to force myself to stop playing it so that I can get things done! KSP has taught me so much about space travel, and rekindled my interests in rockets and the sky above. Now I know exactly how physics work in space (which has broken my suspension of disbelief in many sci-fi works :P ) It has also inspired me to become an Engineer, and my eventual goal is to work at NASA or some other space flight agency, working to bring the things I've done in the game into real life!

Er, well not everything I've done in-game, as that would involve a tragedy every day and likely bankrupt the government...

Anyways, just want to say thanks Squad for the awesome game, and I can't wait until 0.20, with awesome resources that will eat away even more of my time! Thank god my semester is ending now...

I love this game. I was using Orbiter sim for a long time, and I still find it superior to KSP in some ways (the orbital physics is lot more accurate in it, and the feel of flying in the Solar system is great), but the easy and entertaining approach of KSP is something I really appreciate. The overall presentation is very nice, the controls are reasonably complex, yet easy to grasp. What I probably appreciate most is the map screen, which I find very intuitive, with its orbit displays and maneuver planning.

The choice of smaller solar system and a planet with the same gravity as Earth, but a lot smaller, with shorter orbits is I think excellent, as it greatly reduces the time requirements for missions, while keeping the principles realistic.

Building the ships, crashing them again and again and learning from mistakes, then finally reaching my next milestone (be it reaching orbit, or reaching the Mun) is really rewarding and entertaining.

Well done.

It has also inspired me to become an Engineer, and my eventual goal is to work at NASA or some other space flight agency, working to bring the things I've done in the game into real life!

Me too dude, only I want to end up any where in space development. See you out there.

Many thanks to squad for making the funnest educational game ever.

Thank you Squad for this amazing game and for accomplishing two important things with this game:

1) Spread awareness of the current space program to the general public

2) Create an educational, entertaining and inspiring game that anyone could enjoy

Wish I had it when I was studying orbital mechanics during my university years. Helps me to visualize what all those equations and calculations for a Hohmann transfer mean. I look forward to further refinement of the aerodynamics as well as squashing out all the bugs. :)

Also, I am sorry to hear about the DLC and Expansions issue. I feel that Squad has proven to everyone that they are listening to their customers and this is a hallmark of a great customer-oriented company. Go Squad!

Edited by TanC
Missed details

I just would like to thank everyone who works at squad for helping to make this amazing game. It is in my opinion one of the best games I have ever played, and I spend embarrasing amounts of time playing it...

I'd also like to thank you for the amazing amount of activity you all have on the forums, helping people with problems. Also I keep forgetting that this game is not even in beta yet, I mean sure there are bugs, but they get fixed every release, and on the whole the game is already amazing.

Like TanC I'm also sorry to hear about the DLC and expansions issue, and even though I (and probably half the community) would gladly pay for them, it just shows how much you guys care about the community.

Thanks again,

Cirdan

When I get a new game I am excited about it and play only that game. Eventually, the appeal starts to fade and I alternate that game with another one, and eventually exhaust the game's potential and set it aside. For most games that initial honeymoon period can last from a few days to 3 months or so. My previous record holder was Morrowind, which I played just about every day for 10 months, without taking a break to play other games. But as of today, I have been playing KSP and only KSP for 11 months. So that should tell you how much I like KSP. :D

If kerbal space program was an organic thing, i'd have babies with it.

Adult Swim already has NASA, so this is the next best thing. Seeing how I'm working for a degree in Astrophysics, (third year now) Kerbal Space Program is a great way to wind down my day of studies. Thanks, Squad.

Edited by Dr. Muttonstache

Devs and CM's you guys are the best. I have been part of a few other early alpha build games and NONE of them have shown the receptiveness, kindness and overall compassion to their fan base like you have. To the CM's, despite the hate you guys most likely have received, and i'm in no position to understand what that's like, you have kept this forum the neatest, cleanest and family friendly forum i have ever come to be involved in. This game has brought me hours upon hours of entertainment and the forums have been the greatest community environment I've ever seen.

Best regards and heartfelt appreciations

-Flyer10254

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.