Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this game Squad! There's nothing quite like designing an intricate craft and strapping it onto tons of explosives in an attempt to explore the distant hollows of the Kerbolar system.

Can't wait for R&D, all the best and keep up the good work!

Great to see a thread like this, big developers should take note of what Squad and other small teams these days are doing.

It's rare to see a game that is a first of it's kind like KSP, really pushing boundaries, and done with such polish.

Keep up the good work!

From the moment i bought KSP, never have i even considered the thought KSP might not have been worth the money.

I love squad. I even voluntarily bypassed on the steam sale to give more money to Squad.

Thank you squad, this game is awesome! Thanks for letting me try it in a reasonable demo before i bought it, thanks for letting us play the Alpha, and thanks for all the amazing content you keep creating.

Thanks KSP team for not releasing .22 yet.

I don't care how long it takes. If you're making sure we get a quality game, take your time. I'd rather have a fantastic update than an update riddled with bugs. Either way, whatever development you put in is much apreciated!

This is by far one of the best games I have ever played. And if it takes time to keep it that way I dont mind waiting!

I'd like to thank the KSP-team as well! i'm spiraling towards a ksp-addiction and i'm not complaining at all! it is a great mix of fun and science and i'm looking forward to every afternoon or evening when i get to build rockets and shoot them towards the sky!

squad is doing a wonderful job and i'm really glad that i stumbled upon the kerbals! thanks a lot, you guys!!!

This has the quickest growth of playtime of any game I have on steam (sorry, but it was on sale). This is one of the most fun games I have ever played. It is hard, but that makes it fun (so many dead kerbals). Thanks Squad!

This thread has been stickied forever and I've never made a post in it.

Just wanted to thank the Devs first and foremost for the immense amounts of effort, time, and dedication all of you have put into this game. Truly, this game has evolved from when I started in .18.2, from a basic space simulator of orbital mechanics, to a highly polished game with a vast array of possibilities, and more arriving every update. The possibilities are more than endless, and I firmly believe that our community has some of the best, if not the best developers in the entire industry. Some decisions they make may not please every last member, but such is the way of development. However, I think we can all appreciate their profound ability to be given a small base to work on, and accomplish amazing things with it in a very big way. The way the Devs have bent, molded, and shaped the Unity engine into something that the original Unity coders could never have imagined, and turned it into a proper game, still, to this day, boggles my mind. I will forever appreciate the development platform that KSP uses, letting the community have a direct voice in the way the game takes shape, and furthermore, the Devs' overall attitude about the development process itself. These people seem, to me, to be very dedicated to the project and face every problem with a "Yes we can" attitude, as well as taking things that already exist, and refining them further and further, increasing playability on a wider scale, and decreasing the footprint on the computer. I think it is very accurate to say that the Devs have, in fact, turned Unity into the Little Engine That Could.

Secondly, I'd like to give appropriate thanks to SQUAD as a corporation. While I don't know too much about them, or how they operate, I hear that they've basically fostered this whole project from the beginning, since it was an idea in Harv's head. This really is unheard of from a large corporation, and it says something about the business when they're able to maintain a project such as this. So, thanks to the ladies and gentlemen at SQUAD who have helped the Devs make this possible, and for not being evil.

Third, I'd like to thank my own fellow moderators, and the entire moderation/community management team who I've had the opportunity to work with for several months now. Truly, it is a privilege. You guys put up with my antics and you keep this community running like clockwork. This forum is one of the best-moderated ones I have ever seen. Everything has its place, and every topic is approached with an open mind, taking consideration so that the opinions of users are not smothered, rather than some other forums, where there is immense disorganization, inconsistency, and a general air of frequent abuse of power. I'm glad that everyone on these teams certainly strives to maintain our good reputation to the public face.

Penultimately, I want to thank the amazing game-modding community that exists. You all are seriously awesome. You take the tools the Devs have kindly given out, and create things that you want to see in the game. Current release doesn't have it? You all make it happen. It's that sort of attitude that gets things done in the world. Not to mention that you are all working for no profit at all, yet release very high-quality mods to the community. In the same light, I want to thank the people who build very high-quality craft and release them to the community, you too are a large part of keeping the community well-versed in the way of always having a good ship design to go off of.

And lastly, I'd really just like to thank the community. Every one of you has done something amazing here, most of you've committed your money to a project, at the very least, and further, have done awesome things with it. It really does take a certain type of person to play this game, and I guarantee there are several people among us who will go to space, in the real world, some time in the future. But really, every one of us is on the bleeding edge of highly-refined gaming technology.

It's been awesome, here's to everyone involved with this community. :)

Thank you so much for not only giving me a way to fulfill the childhood dream bad health will not allow me, and thank you so much for making a superb game that is both entertaining as well as smart. Thank you for mod support, thank you for community interaction (One of the best communities, I might add), thank you for hours of delight, and thank you for a video game that is big, but humble enough to be run well on aging hardware people like me cannot readily afford to replace or upgrade. ^^

You guys are beyond words amazing, inspiring and awesome! Please, keep at what you do, I for one look foreward to what the future holds with you, and I know I'm not the only one who will say that over and over again. ^^

With the .22 release out, hats off to you, Squad!

It's already happened to me twice - I started playing stock, gradually install mods, then the new release comes out - and I am happy to throw away my progess just to see what new stocky goodness you managed to develop.

The new science release takes the cake though - I can't wait for biomes being fully implemented for most stellar bodies!

This already is the game I spent the most time with by far - which I think is quite extraordinary, as I started gaming as early as Prince of Persia and Alley Cat!

The science tech tree was awesome.

It really makes me think about the early days of space exploration.

I mean, pre-0.22 with all those parts I used to fly to Jool for fun, but now, hey there's no NERVA!

Even 909 requires some research to get. And... where is my solar panels?!

There were so many parts that we took for granted. But now without them I feel really crippled. Simple things like reaching LKO are not that simple anymore.

And with electricity (finally) being a resource so hard to come by, I know now how it feels like for the human engineers back then when they launched stuff in to space IRL.

I have a thousand words and things that I wish to share, but please forgive me that for now I need to find a way to Mun for MOAR science.

So, in short, thank you for your fantastic work Squad, please please keep it up.

In the meantime I'll keep my eyes peeled looking around the Kerbal Observable Universe until I spot something with a gold disc.

Oh man ! Seeing KSP grow is awesome ! I never played a game with such interest and of course, buying it was a great decision !

I can't wait to see budgets and all the stuff that is still ahead ! Great job SQUAD :)

Hello people from Squad!

I really wish to thank you for KSP. I'm a big enthusiast of space exploration, and this game already give me lots of hours of fun and learning. It's very rewarding when we discover a new detail, a rocket part I don't used yet, or figure out how something works. It's beautiful how things are interconnected, how we need to think ahead when building and how exciting is when we have success on a mission. The ingenuity of making such complex thing like a rocket, full of systems and details be simple to understand and make, without being boring or too simplified.

And all those neat things and we are still in the early stages of development. But with every step we can see progress, from big things like a remodeled space center, to small things like a detail in a button decoration.

So keep the good work, and have my gratitude for this amazing game!

I was worried that career mode would be tedious: having to earn back parts I was already used to using. Instead, it's a whole new game that I love. We have the same environment and rules, but very different design imperatives. There's a reason to use the smaller parts again. And I appreciate the little touch of giving us green goo for our biological experimental subjects, because Kerbals are too kind-hearted to risk animals. :)

After I have been playing .22 for some time and landing on the Mun, Minimum and several other planets I stopped and realized something. Before .22 came out there was no purpose to go to these planets except for saying, "haha I did it!" The Devs have put countless hours into this game, have lost much sleep I'm sure, and probably sometimes missed out on family or friends events! Why? To bring us an amazing game! And just think, its not over yet! We still have (hopefully) MANY MANY updates to come still!

I think we all owe the Devs a big thank you! I don't know how else to show my appreciation personally to them other then this post which they will likely never see! :P But that is not the point. I hope they realize how much the fans love this game and love what they are doing and they keep up the AMAZING work!

Thank you and have a good night! :)

I agree, too! This update is great. I wouldn't go so far as to say the developers have lost a lot of sleep over it - they are getting paid, but I do think a lot of hard work was invested in version 0.22.

People have complained that the tech tree is too easy, but it's just the beginning! When we have more stuff to worry about - like money, resources, hiring Kerbals, etc... - then it will be more challenging. But I haven't maxed out the tech tree yet, and I've really been enjoying career mode!

I would also like to express my appreciation of this awesome game, if this is the way it is while in an alpha/beta state then the full game is going to be way better. I have to agree that the tech tree could use some work, but its in its early stages, and there will always be teething problems with a system that is meant to give people a path to follow in a sandbox game.

Three cheers to the Devs. :)

Yea, the Devs did an awesome job with the new update, adding a lot more fun and challenge to the game. I just wish they would work on getting the game to run more smoothly when you have a lot of parts. That is the biggest problem I am having, like building a moonbase and expanding. It would be nice to use more processing cores and memory!!!

But a great job so far! I dont really have any complaints!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.