[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

In other news, I just tried to give CurseForge a chance and upload SP+ there, which failed everytime due to some upload error. Thanks Curse, for stealing half an hour of my life trying to make that post pretty, just to make it vanish beyond recall. Doesn't really cast a very positive light on the whole thing for me.

Some people made it this way for spaceport nostalgics :confused: Now curse is spammed of spaceplane :D they believe your mod is spam and they ban your account forever. "You've been cursed !"

By the way, could you add version in archive name (we have no clue which version we download otherwise) ?

Mediafire is getting COVERD in ads and malware.

Use a user-friendly browser (= not IE/Chrome) and use adblock (for firefox) style add-on. Never get all those evil web ads stuffes on mediafire.

Use a user-friendly browser (= not IE/Chrome) and use adblock (for firefox) style add-on. Never get all those evil web ads stuffes on mediafire.

I do use FF with Adblock. Its more the barrage of popups that annoy me. Luckily they get closed by adblock, but they still open.

- - - Updated - - -

the wings included in this dont have lift ratings in my game. any way to fix this?

remove the FAR.cfg from the mod's folder if you don't have FAR.

This is really awesome. It's like a more stock-looking version of the B9 parts I like without having to spend half a day deleting the 400 parts I don't want and having to look at those thick wings. Well done Porkjet!

Mediafire still has lots of annoying pop-ups even with AdBlockPlus. After hitting the download button (for the actual file, not some other download link) a pop-up window will come up in-voluntarily. I think it does this for people who don't pay for the "premium" account.

Dropbox or Box are the best.

Mediafire still has lots of annoying pop-ups even with AdBlockPlus. After hitting the download button (for the actual file, not some other download link) a pop-up window will come up in-voluntarily. I think it does this for people who don't pay for the "premium" account.

http://jessehakanen.net/adblockpluspopupaddon/

This should help.

And yes, Dropbox.

Added support for Deadly Reentry and Connected Living Space.

It seems like IVA's are the most requested feature, so that will be my top priority for the next update, but mind that this will take at least 2 weeks.

Thanks. I have linked you from the CLS page.

For what it's worth, here's a minor suggestion. I wouldn't mind seeing a simple nosecone to fit the front of the inline cockpit. As it stands, your other Mk2 cockpit is the only proper cap to this wonderful system you've got. At the very least it would give me more reason to use the inline cockpit.

For what it's worth, here's a minor suggestion. I wouldn't mind seeing a simple nosecone to fit the front of the inline cockpit. As it stands, your other Mk2 cockpit is the only proper cap to this wonderful system you've got. At the very least it would give me more reason to use the inline cockpit.

Me too, is planned! In the mean time, using one of the adapters with a nosecone or intake works OK too.

Seriously impressive parts pack - looks both like stock KSP and super-fancy. Nice work! (I have a brand-new spaceplane en route to my lagmonster space station right now, with a temporary IVA hacked in from this...)

Future parts ideas:

• Fuselage to 2.5m adapter, for making hideously ugly things with.
  • Cargo plane nose-door style hatch, for placing ahead of an inline cockpit thingy - ideal for putting scientific instrumentation inside. (A two-sided hatch resembling resembling that on a high-speed train might be an alternative?)
  • Hollow fuselage sections, for putting behind nose door? Cargo bays might work as-is. I imagine having a long rocket-probe stored inside, exiting via the nose...
  • Pointy-bits of various lengths, for noses, tails etc.

Anyway, fantastic work! (This is actually the first parts pack that's persuaded me enough to install it...)

the wings included in this dont have lift ratings in my game. any way to fix this?

remove the FAR.cfg from the mod's folder if you don't have FAR.

Deleting the FAR config shouldn't be necessary with the latest version of Module Manager. It has code in there that tells it to only apply the FAR patch if FAR is actually installed.

This awesome parts with FAR and DR supported out of the box convinced me to get my feet wet with spacplanes which I avoided successfully until now. Thank you for them!

However, I seriously suck at landing. Has anyone got some advice how I get e.g. the Explorer craft shipped with this mod back to KSC or knows a good tutorial video where FAR and DR are installed?

Have now got to test, and so far loving it! Out of interest, the following...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/73621-B9-S2-Crew-Tank-IVAs-Mk2-2m-Crew-Tank-0-5-1-(2014-05-22)

Would make for an interesting collaboration for IVAs!

Indeed - K3 looks to have the proportions and internal size looking ok, I think two kerbals side by side is also possible (and preferred seeing as if they were inline, the back guy wouldn't have much of a view or room to do much).

Could the nodes be tweaked a bit? It seems they line up great with each other but not other "S2" style parts. The connect a little too high.

If you have Stupid_Chris' stock rebalance, he moved the nodes to reflect their correct COM on some spaceplane parts. Either Pork can line up for that, or line up with bare stock. If you want to line them up but not remove Chris' changes, find the rebalance nodes file and use // to comment out the sections for MK parts.

Either way, honestly, once I get all the parts organized I'm just simply replacing stock S2 parts for the space planes with this pack as it is far more pleasing to me.

SP+DRE.cfg has several errors:

• mk2Cockpit_Standard not supported (file uses deprecated name "mk2Cockpit")
  • mk2Fuselage_L not supported (file uses deprecated name "mk2FuselageL_long")
  • mk2Fuselage_Short_L not supported
  • mk2Fuselage_Short_LFO not supported
  • structuralWing2 not supported
  • File has two entries for structuralWing1, adding a second (redundant) heat shield

Great parts but I do have some more advice:

1) Windows on crew tanks either need to be smaller OR make the part weight MUCH higher. Glass is heavy.

2) Lift rating on wings etc are waaay too high, needs to be balanced more with equivalent stock parts.

3) Maybe thicken the wings up a bit more

4) That nose cone still bugs me..

5) Drag ratings need to be UPed, I've been landing at 200 m/s sometimes even when I flare, but when I flare, because the lift rating is sooo high, I gain altitude as opposed to bleeding off just speed.