[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

WIP picture of the TKS base for the MIR modules: i just need to finish the RCS system (which will be tricky, cause i will go for a realsitic layout) and on top the specific "Science pack". notice the different main engine position compared to the TKS.

4QK4HFs.jpg

WIP Mir in Space, Kvant 1 already docked (additional solarpanels for later layout already added). i use the yellow tanks to somehow simulate the dockincollar of the real MIR, they are empty.

tYeQVel.jpg

E D I T :

holy cow Beale you are FAST ! the panels are locking very good

Edited by Darth Lazarus

Some good ideas here, the TKS trunk especially!

On solar panels, I'm thinking more like the large fixed ones on Kvant.

None of solar panels on MIR were fixed, they all could track the sun. It'd be nice to have both Kvant-style panels and ones similar to those on the Core Module. Also, a flat, 3m propulsion module would be required. It could possibly be created by splitting off the section behind the "ring" on the largest Salyut compartment and adding two small engines to it.

This is really quite irritating. You have been nothing but rude, offensive and demanding so far in this thread.

To say that I have a problem because I don't want to spend a minimum of 4-5 hours of my own free time making parts for you just leaves me speechless.

Fine. Forget the Almaz panels. But will the Kvant be capable of doing science things? Or will you leave that out?

Fine. Forget the Almaz panels. But will the Kvant be capable of doing science things? Or will you leave that out?

Reichtangle, you could be a little more grateful. Beale has created a massive amount of excellent, free content for you. He doesn't own your or anyone else anything. He does this because he is an awesome guy, and he does it for free which means he doesn't have to put up with you if he so chooses. The way you treat Beale is entirely unacceptable. If you can't be less obtuse, then don't be surprised if you wake up one day to find that Beale has blocked you. Frankly I would have done it quite a while ago.

Hi!

It's because my models are orientated funny.

You need to add this:

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

I found your answer after I came up with an alternate fix that patches the Tantares_RealChute_MM.cfg patch included with RealChute:

@PART[Alnair_Parachute_A]:AFTER[RealChute]
{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
%reverseOrientation = true
}
}

@PART[Tantares_Parachute_A]:AFTER[RealChute]
{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
}
}

Place in a .cfg file somewhere in GameData (Tantares folder, for example) and it'll add the reverseOrientation setting.

Yes. Beale said his models are weird and with realchute they open downwards. Don't worry. It won't drag you to the surface. I'm sure he'll fix it.

Can you, kinda, just not write anything here? If you don't like something, do it better. Yourself. Like I did with the Kliper. Don't act like a d-bag and be polite.

Reichtangle, you could be a little more grateful. Beale has created a massive amount of excellent, free content for you. He doesn't own your or anyone else anything. He does this because he is an awesome guy, and he does it for free which means he doesn't have to put up with you if he so chooses. The way you treat Beale is entirely unacceptable. If you can't be less obtuse, then don't be surprised if you wake up one day to find that Beale has blocked you. Frankly I would have done it quite a while ago.

Well, sorry for my problems, but I don't think there is any paid mods for KSP.

Can you, kinda, just not write anything here? If you don't like something, do it better. Yourself. Like I did with the Kliper. Don't act like a d-bag and be polite.

He did say his models were weird. His words. Not mine.

There aren't. It's just that Beale and other modders put their own free time to make this cool stuff for us.

Yes. It's his own choice. But about beale saying his models were messed up.

t's probably to do with my screwy model orientation on the Tantares' chute model.

I'll see what can be done

Well, sorry for my problems, but I don't think there is any paid mods for KSP.

He did say his models were weird. His words. Not mine.

You are working very hard at missing the point. Your attitude toward Beale is disrespectful. This is not the way you treat someone who has made tons of great content.

I found your answer after I came up with an alternate fix that patches the Tantares_RealChute_MM.cfg patch included with RealChute:

@PART[Alnair_Parachute_A]:AFTER[RealChute]
{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
}
}

@PART[Tantares_Parachute_A]:AFTER[RealChute]
{
@MODULE[RealChuteModule]
{
}
}

Place in a .cfg file somewhere in GameData (Tantares folder, for example) and it'll add the reverseOrientation setting.

Thanks...

Tonight, I'll try the your MM config ;)

I think you guys might be a bit unfair towards Reichtangle. Take a look at the last few pages. What has he done wrong? I can find two things: saying that Beale has a problem (which was quite disrespectful) and failing to apologize for being disrespectful.

Otherwise, all that he has done is offering suggestions to Beale and pointing historical inaccuracies out.

Take a look at the rebuttal he got for this constructive comment:

Yes. Beale said his models are weird and with realchute they open downwards. Don't worry. It won't drag you to the surface. I'm sure he'll fix it.

In this post, Reichtangle confirms that the parachute is buggy but behaving as expected, and assumes that Beale will eventually get around to fixing it. It is pretty sound logic that a modder would want his/her mods to have as few bugs as possible, unless the bug would take a long time to fix for very little gain (which could be the case here, although Reichtangle is not necessarily aware of that). To this comment, he got an angry answer that was directed towards his/her person rather than his/her comment. I think the solution to this situation would be quite simple: Reichtangle should apologize for being rude towards Beale, and the rest of the people following this thread should view Reichtangle with fresh eyes and not judge him on a single disrespectful comment.

http://i60.tinypic.com/ae2mpe.jpg

I built an Almaz style station. The solar panels are from Near Future Solar because i needed some extra clearance from the docking port.

Really nice design!

Though you have some kind of radioactive leak near the monopropellant tanks? :wink:

I have seen a few people make the dedicated Almaz engine/docking pipe. I might have to make one.

Am I wrong or the parachute in Tantares opens in opposite direction?

See the image:

http://i.imgur.com/cJY97jol.jpg

From my dropbox the output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7owb3a7y4cdc1na/output_log.7z?dl=0

Also I have the last version of realchute.

Do you mean the very latest realChutes by last?

I think it was fixed.

Either way, the fix is to apply this code in the RealChutes patch, as others have kindly pointed out :)

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

Hey Beale! Friendly question: Will there be a craft file for the ATV? I always like the way you build things, and I try to stay true to what you create. Also, how are the kerbtown objects doing? :) Keep making awesome things!

Thanks!

Sure! I plan to upload some slightly redone craft layouts all to Dropbox soon (Cygnus & ATV included)

Kerbtown stuff is still being played with.

6433a41597.jpg

I think you guys might be a bit unfair towards Reichtangle. Take a look at the last few pages. What has he done wrong? I can find two things: saying that Beale has a problem (which was quite disrespectful) and failing to apologize for being disrespectful.

Otherwise, all that he has done is offering suggestions to Beale and pointing historical inaccuracies out.

In general I agree with you, I like this community and hate to see un-pleasantry.

But, since Reichtangle has shown up, some 40 pages ago, its been an issue.

Right from the start, the kind of association with .... imagery, typing in mock German and mentions on Anschluss right in the name, it is just really offensive. Maybe it is some internet satire, but a space forum is not the place.

And aside from that, requesting the same things over and over again when I've said I'm not doing them, jumping down other user's throats when they have suggestions that don't mirror his / her own suggestions.

The whole experience has just made creating mods a lot less enjoyable. It's just the same issues I had with Pockrtplanesairways earlier on in the thread.

I can only hope this person can take on board why I am feeling this way and the thread can continue as normal.

Anyway...

Tinkering with Plugin development for Kvant module. Operating similar to Station science system with recoverable resources for science/money gains.

It's a bit buggy and not so polished yet though, but basically a very slow "generator" for the science resources.

Maybe it will work well, or maybe I'll just add optional station science compatibility... :)

Edited by Beale

A small suggestion:

Perhaps add a variant of the orbital module which contains science experiments? Early on, it feels like the orbital module is basically dead weight...taking it up just costs you precious, precious delta-v. A version with a goo canister/materials observation (or even a custom experiment,) would greatly increase the value of the pod.

Would a 'modular' approach as with the new B9 parts be possible? If so it could presumably simply be added to the current part and save a bit of space.

A small suggestion:

Perhaps add a variant of the orbital module which contains science experiments? Early on, it feels like the orbital module is basically dead weight...taking it up just costs you precious, precious delta-v. A version with a goo canister/materials observation (or even a custom experiment,) would greatly increase the value of the pod.

Would a 'modular' approach as with the new B9 parts be possible? If so it could presumably simply be added to the current part and save a bit of space.

Good point actually!

0af034d6e7.png

I'll look into the new B9 approach, but I believe it requires Firespitter (or some other plugin)

I think the OM should have some purpose, you're right.

Tinkering with Plugin development for Kvant module. Operating similar to Station science system with recoverable resources for science/money gains.

It's a bit buggy and not so polished yet though, but basically a very slow "generator" for the science resources.

Maybe it will work well, or maybe I'll just add optional station science compatibility... :)

Please don't feel pressured into adding things like science into the pack if you don't enjoy it!

Some of us stick to Sandbox, and I love that this pack is clean, modular and focused! :D

Thank you for all your hard work Beale - long may it continue ;)

Just downloaded the newest version. Really impressive. I'm missing a second node on the bottom of the ATV engine, which would make it easier to fit in a 0.625m docking port (to string ATVs together and make a space station).

I'd forgotten about that (If you don't know, the ATV fuel tank is toroidal to support a tunnel through it.) Would be a fairly simply addition to the model!

Please don't feel pressured into adding things like science into the pack if you don't enjoy it!

Some of us stick to Sandbox, and I love that this pack is clean, modular and focused! :D

Thank you for all your hard work Beale - long may it continue ;)

Many thanks :)

It's enjoyable, but yeah maybe isn't going to work out. I'll just stick to something stock-like I think!

Kvant

So the real Kvant had Gyroscopes? I guess this module should provide a fair bit of torque, among other things.

1.875m top node

1.25m bottom node

Texture needs more detail on the octagon part.

d32b5ee7fb.jpg

ea7add3357.jpg

70a6015d57.jpg

dc1f2b0681.jpg

Edited by Beale