[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 10/15/2016 at 2:25 AM, trooperMNG said:

the author I forgot to quote deleted his comment. He was talking about a forum member who's in trouble because of hurricane Matthew. Never mind

Deleted by mods. Said that 1 post (own thread) was enough. Sorry.

Edited by minepagan

7 hours ago, NotAgain said:

I've just tried to boot this up in 1.2, and it seems to work, other than the fact that it sends my save (on year 4, day 87) back to year 1, day 1. Is there any way to temporarily fix this?

Thank you for experimenting.

Do you have any other mods installed? / Did you have any other mods installed on this save?

19 hours ago, NotAgain said:

I've just tried to boot this up in 1.2, and it seems to work, other than the fact that it sends my save (on year 4, day 87) back to year 1, day 1. Is there any way to temporarily fix this?

It may be possible to change the time back by tampering with the persistent file, but I've never tried it, nor have I ever heard of anyone who has.

*[citation needed] intensifies*

@Beale, I've tried loading Tantares in a clean install, and (bar all the missing craft due to the other mods not being present) it works fine. I shall now embark upon my quest to discover which of my mods is conflicting with Tantares.

Edited by NotAgain
SPaG

14 hours ago, NotAgain said:

@Beale, I've tried loading Tantares in a clean install, and (bar all the missing craft due to the other mods not being present) it works fine. I shall now embark upon my quest to discover which of my mods is conflicting with Tantares.

Great!

For future reference, I think a part mod like this will very rarely cause problems (Even when using an out of date version what you have done).

4 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Great direct ascent lander! :D 

The one part is taking so long! But, progress is progress. Note 

kT8r4gV.png
LshYsk3.png
pZW81oJ.png
OpRbjBQ.png

avI7l5Y.jpg

Edited by Beale

9 hours ago, Beale said:

For future reference, I think a part mod like this will very rarely cause problems (Even when using an out of date version what you have done).

I know, I'm checking it individually against all the mods I have installed to find out what's causing the problem. This could take a while... :(

18 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Similar to the DA-profile mission I use for minmus, but I usually use the 1.875 cargo bay just below the capsule and put the science experiments inside, to give the whole thing a more clean look on top.

17 hours ago, Beale said:

avI7l5Y.jpg

Hi Beale, this new N-1 is looking great!

One small thing about this particular detali - note the engine shroud at 2:25

And many warmest thanks to you for making the main reason i'm still playing 1.1.3 :)

Edited by Legcutter

38 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Should we really be using that video as reference? The animation is awful, especially on the lander, which makes me question the detail of the rest...

Energia corp. site confirms this to be the third stage (block V) of N-1 rocket, so awful animation is applied to good models.

n1-blok-c.jpg

Edited by Legcutter

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Should we really be using that video as reference? The animation is awful, especially on the lander, which makes me question the detail of the rest...

We should. Nick Stevens, the fellow who made the animation, is one of but a few western experts on the rocket. If you're interested, in fact, I suggest buying his book, "N-1: For the Moon and Mars" (my copy came yesterday).

https://www.amazon.com/N-1-Soviet-Superbooster-English-Russian/dp/0989991407

I asked @Beale about the engine plate a few pages back and he said he wasn't including it for the sake of simplicity.

Edited by Joeybafoey

On 10.09.2016 at 9:09 AM, NeoFatalis said:

c6jRIGB.jpg

This was posted in this thread about a year ago and was made by SnowWhite but the last time she visited the forums was in May and she wasn't very active then either

I can ask him if he'll continue working on it or at least share the model. :)

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I agree, the flight animations are pants. But overall the modelling is some of the best I've seen. That is, until @Beale rocks our sock off. :cool:

12 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

That is, until @Beale rocks our sock off. :cool:

I'm ridiculously excited for this. I thought I was excited for the last Percy Jackson book however long ago, but I won't lie, this may top that.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

2.5 => 1.875 => 1.25

yEBfiT5.png

Block G sits inside.

Is that a stock fairing base?