[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, moonjy1120 said:

thanks for this nice mod! and i got some problem.. plz help

i enjoyed playing  CaptKordit's craft files in ksp 1.0.5 and old TantaresLV,Tantares  mods but when i updated to ksp 1.2.2 and your mods when loading craft files ( CaptKordite 's mir station) it says that some parts are missing ex) ALV.Engine.A... so i can't use that craft files is there any ways to use that old craft files?

sorry for my bad english ^^

Hello!

Sorry, unfortunately, there were breaking changes in-between versions.

40 minutes ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

Correction, right thread. How would I use the Tantares_Crew_A Iva instead of the placeholder IVA on the Vostok capsule?

Iirc the IVA model used is simply an entry in the .cfg. Of course, this may induce issues such as wrong orientation etc, but that would be the easiest option

13 hours ago, moonjy1120 said:

thanks for this nice mod! and i got some problem.. plz help

i enjoyed playing  CaptKordit's craft files in ksp 1.0.5 and old TantaresLV,Tantares  mods but when i updated to ksp 1.2.2 and your mods when loading craft files ( CaptKordite 's mir station) it says that some parts are missing ex) ALV.Engine.A... so i can't use that craft files is there any ways to use that old . craft files?

sorry for my bad english ^^

Just this past week I decided to return to building and flying Russian rockets. Only after that did I see that Beale had linked to my craft files on the front page and people were looking for updates. I suppose I have a responsibility so, stay tuned to Space X. I'll be posting my 2.2 craft files there as they become available. I spent a few hours today working on my N1.

13 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

Just this past week I decided to return to building and flying Russian rockets. Only after that did I see that Beale had linked to my craft files on the front page and people were looking for updates. I suppose I have a responsibility so, stay tuned to Space X. I'll be posting my 2.2 craft files there as they become available. I spent a few hours today working on my N1.

thanks for your effort

32 minutes ago, moonjy1120 said:

i got some problem too..

i am using just Tantares(37.1),TantaresLV(1.0.3) latest versions. when i try to use V-Dos-A,V-Dos-B crew block the iva for these block is just black screen i posted screenshots plz help me

This is normal, I believe.

There are no IVAs so placeholders have been used to retain the ability to see and click on your Kerbals :P

5 hours ago, moonjy1120 said:

i got some problem too..

i am using just Tantares(37.1),TantaresLV(1.0.3) latest versions. when i try to use V-Dos-A,V-Dos-B crew block the iva for these block is just black screen i posted screenshots plz help me

20170116210749_1.jpg20170116210802_1.jpg20170116210814_1.jpg

I have a plan to fix this soon - see @hraban's parts.

13 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

The N1-L3 is available for download at Kerbal X. As I said, stay tuned for more.
https://kerbalx.com/CaptKordite/Korolevs-N1-L3-Moon-Rocket_3

31960680250_270033ecd3_z_d.jpg

Beautiful! It's good to hear from you again :) 

1 hour ago, Joeybafoey said:

Just curious, what's next on the roadmap after Soyuz? The station parts?

TKS / Salyut / MIR + Proton :) 

Not to be "that guy" - but is there a rough guess as to the release of the "new" Tantares, and the next rev of LV with the R-7 ?

Not trying to rush anything, just planning my own mod's release schedule. :-)

3 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Not to be "that guy" - but is there a rough guess as to the release of the "new" Tantares, and the next rev of LV with the R-7 ?

Not trying to rush anything, just planning my own mod's release schedule. :-)

Hard to say, I'm a little busy at the moment - but, not too long.

Second stage of the rocket is taking longer than anticipated.

7TkVgwD.png

Main Tantares release, it's ready to go now - but, I was waiting on the rocket to be ready.

I need a marker which can show "THIS WILL BREAK YOUR SAVES" as clear as possible. :wink: 

Rough guess? This weekend best scenario, end of the month worst scenario.

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Hard to say, I'm a little busy at the moment - but, not too long.

Second stage of the rocket is taking longer than anticipated.

7TkVgwD.png

Main Tantares release, it's ready to go now - but, I was waiting on the rocket to be ready.

I need a marker which can show "THIS WILL BREAK YOUR SAVES" as clear as possible. :wink: 

Rough guess? This weekend best scenario, end of the month worst scenario.

Cool - sounds like "less than a month" is maybe a safe guess?

That 2nd stage engine model looks great. It'll go quite well with the contares decoupler that has the framework/truss strucure.

19 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Cool - sounds like "less than a month" is maybe a safe guess?

That 2nd stage engine model looks great. It'll go quite well with the contares decoupler that has the framework/truss strucure.

Yeah, I think that is a sensible bet.

1vfPzwX.png
xwo4plw.png

I've been working my way through rebuilding my 1.0 Russian catalog and have been posting them in a rough historical order at Kerbal X. I've also been working on some things I didn't do before. I like the Molniya comsat. The Candybox is really useful for the Luna 16 sample return I'm cleaning up.

https://kerbalx.com/CaptKordite/craft

This does lead to a few questions and observations. First, I am having an impossible time getting solar panels to survive a clamshell fairing deployment. Using the standard "shattering" aeroshell is OK if the ejection force is kept down but I have not been able to use the clamshell. Tears the panels right off. Aside from making the fairings overlarge I may just have to settle for the default.

The female drogue for the Kontact docking port doesn't exist anymore, does it? I thought of using the micro androgynous port for my N1-L3 but settled for the small probe.

What happened to the Proton?  I tended to use the N1 pieces because the Proton was overpowered in Kerbal-space but I kind of miss it for larger stuff. I tried using InsaneDruid's Proton-M/Breeze M mod but for some reason the engines would produce zero thrust. I tried a few things and had the engines just fall off at staging so I'm not sure what's up with that. I've tried building a replica using the Contares parts but it is also way overpowered. In the end I'm building stripped down launchers that look sort of like the Proton. Close enough for flight. I should probably ask about this over at hraban's thread.

In 1.0, I has fudged together something that mimicked the Salyut-7 triple panels. It'd be awesome to have those standard. Didn't they exist in an even earlier version of Tantares?

Once I get up to rebuilding Mir, the stock cheat of just putting things into orbit is going to be really useful. I'm already using it to test translunar insertions and landings.

Antennas! Lots of antennas. I like them. They make the ships look so much better. Seem light on things comparable to the DTS-M1 and HG-5. And is there a ScanSat compatible multispectral scanner?

Anyway. Back to the VAB. Keep up the good work. Try not to break too many saves.