[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

11 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Yay, a full-sized Soyuz! The two-man pod, however, is still worth keeping - if my memory's right, the (supposed) lunar version of the Soyuz carried two.

Early LEO versions, and the LOK, had 2 crew. The only 3 man versions were the original station version, which had no space for pressure suits, and modern versions (where tech has advanced enough to allow miniaturization and make space for suits)

18 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Hmmm, Kerbal sardines :D

sardine_crea.jpg

It's accurate!

12 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

hurry up hide that 3 kerbals Soyuz before the storm arrives

7 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Yay, a full-sized Soyuz! The two-man pod, however, is still worth keeping - if my memory's right, the (supposed) lunar version of the Soyuz carried two.

It's actually the same size! Just a bit of careful placing to get things to fit.

u1HEl9a.jpg
QVhSd3V.png
r7n7hOB.png

9 hours ago, MHgamer1107 said:

Craft files would be nice. I feel like i justy bought from ikea haha, i cant seem to assemble it XD

Here's some from a recent Sandbox savegame...

I think the interior of the soyuz needs more junk. Those Kerbals have too much free room. They might start getting ideas. A couple of bags arranged to make even the least claustrophobic Kerbal feel the pain might be just the thing.

Beautiful work as always Beale.

@Beale I remember a while ago when you just started to revamp the Soyuz you showed a WIP of a cheaper capsule without a hatch, so maybe the 3 crew Soyuz would have no EVA hatch as a compromise to a bigger crew?, I mean, IRL the 3 kosmonaut versions used as a station ferrys so it kinda makes sense

14 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

I think the interior of the soyuz needs more junk. Those Kerbals have too much free room. They might start getting ideas. A couple of bags arranged to make even the least claustrophobic Kerbal feel the pain might be just the thing.

Beautiful work as always Beale.

Thanks! :) 
(I'm not sure if you are sarcastic about extra space btw).

7 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

@Beale I remember a while ago when you just started to revamp the Soyuz you showed a WIP of a cheaper capsule without a hatch, so maybe the 3 crew Soyuz would have no EVA hatch as a compromise to a bigger crew?, I mean, IRL the 3 kosmonaut versions used as a station ferrys so it kinda makes sense

Yeah!
It might be a good idea.

freCHNc.png ALV-Light launches sometime just before lunch.
Lap2xHt.png Upper stage pushes the Argon-1 Free Flying Laboratory into a 200km x 400km orbit.
dFFGQ3o.png Shortly after, a freshly built Tantares blasts off.
8iZZs26.png Work begins quickly, the solar panels are deployed and now-redundant RCS thrusts dismantled and discarded in orbit.
YMkKsrb.png After 7 productive days of material science, the ship backs off and begins its descent burn.
LkaKnzF.png "hey we might die lol" 
XxmeXk3.png Beginning orientation for the re-entry. The new seating layout caused some concern for comfot.
OIgVcU9.png But, it did work out pretty well.

just started using the new mod. eez goot.

I am, however, green (HA) with envy for that shiny green!soyuz texture. DO WANT.

suppose I'll just hafta be content hacking it in myself a bit by direct texture editing :D

10 hours ago, Mechtech said:

just started using the new mod. eez goot.
I am, however, green (HA) with envy for that shiny green!soyuz texture. DO WANT.
suppose I'll just hafta be content hacking it in myself a bit by direct texture editing :D

Which green texture is this?

Work in progress.

4mNUJm1.png
ekoB01T.png

7 hours ago, Beale said:

Which green texture is this?

Something like this, I guess

Spoiler
On 09.07.2014 at 11:40 PM, Beale said:

Re-added DR config, will upload in a minute...

Have some alternate colours...

21701e9a60.jpg

05a8112f12.jpg

bffb804180.jpg

There also was once a green TKS texture, which I'm really, really looking forward to see.

Spoiler
On 26.07.2014 at 0:18 AM, Beale said:

Maybe this method of speaking can be a bit offensive to German persons? It does make it very difficult to read your earlier post also. Just a thought.

But the points you bring up are fixed now.

Green TKS

People asked to see, so here it is! (WIP)

490145fead.jpg

2fd3ba2071.jpg

And speaking of old things, the black Soyuz texture from much, much earlier also looks super nice. Any chance it will be introduced again, as an option at least? Would be great for a Kerbal Soyuz-TMA.

Spoiler
On 08.06.2014 at 7:23 PM, Beale said:

The new version is up! :)

742b2aa81f.jpg

I think next I'll work on some alternate colour schemes.

Edited by TK-313
typo

41 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Something like this, I guess

Reveal hidden contents

There also was once a green TKS texture, which I'm really, really looking forward to see.

Reveal hidden contents

And speaking of old things, the black Soyuz texture from much, much earlier also looks super nice. Any chance it will be introduced again, as an option at least? Would be great for a Kerbal Soyuz-TMA.

Reveal hidden contents

Very old stuff! :D 
Yes, as mentioned before I will be putting the PSDs available on Github, so people can have any colour they want.

aCPBBiY.png