[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

Now that you mention it, I was using HomeGrown Rockets for a while until Tantares came along... the issues that I had with HGR (in terms of bugs and my distaste for the sizes unique to those parts alone) pushed me towards Tantares. My plan would be to make parts that are more complex in terms of their geometry (somewhat like the Saturn V F1 Engine that used to be a suggested mod with RO).

Again, you have spent time to type all this out. 

Go do it / learn it instead, it sounds great.

Shameless plug

New mod here!

Designing this plugin as a very nice complement to Tantares and other themed mods.

Edited by Beale

42 minutes ago, kopapaka said:

idea...

screenshot210.jpg?ver=0

I think that the RD0120 is roughly 1.8 meters when scaled to kerbal size

EDIT: I've also found THIS SITE, It looks really old and it's kinda hard to navigate but it got alot of information and cool photos

Edited by NeoFatalis

26 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

You die like men, if there is a failure during launch.

No-no, that's the Vostok/Voskhod option. The Soyuz doesn't let you die like men before you do something useful!

But actually the Soyuz LES isn't in the pack yet, so in the meantime feel free to use the stock one. Which figures, since it is a stockalike pack.

8 hours ago, kopapaka said:

idea...

screenshot210.jpg?ver=0

Nice simple idea! I will look into it.

51 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

What is the launch escape system for the soyuz?

Currently on the schedule!

TantaresLV 3.0

First release of the Proton rocket, with realplume configs for other rockets from @DerpyFirework.
Bugs, balance suggestions, let me know!

EDtWt0m.png

51 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

No-no, that's the Vostok/Voskhod option. The Soyuz doesn't let you die like men before you do something useful!

It was actually just Voskhod that lacked any LES mechanism, Vostok would eject like during landing (that's what the hole in the fairing was meant for)

Edited by Joeybafoey

I found the following quote, here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157802-ksp-making-history/&

New parts: Aside from mission creations tools, Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will have additional parts such as new fuel tanks, adapters, decouplers, fairings and command pods… inspired by both American and Soviet space programs!

As I recall, we had the discussion about the new part textures and how they might affect future development a while back, but back then we didn't know about the possibility that different variations of your parts may be in future versions of the game, which leaves me with one question: If there is a Soyuz included in the upcoming update, will you continue to have the Tantares version as well, change the textures of the parts to match the new stockalike, or neither, both, or something else?

EDIT: It's a paid DLC apparently.

Edited by Joeybafoey

22 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

I found the following quote, here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157802-ksp-making-history/&

As I recall, we had the discussion about the new part textures and how they might affect future development a while back, but back then we didn't know about the possibility that different variations of your parts may be in future versions of the game, which leaves me with one question: If there is a Soyuz included in the upcoming update, will you continue to have the Tantares version as well, change the textures of the parts to match the new stockalike, or neither, both, or something else?

EDIT: It's a paid DLC apparently.

Personally, I do not like them at all, what we have seen of the Saturn V does not hold good feelings for any Soyuz we may receive.
No, I will be keeping all parts the same as they are, unless the Soyuz is some kind of mind-blowing experience. :) 

Edited by Beale

15 minutes ago, Beale said:

The new parts look like the kind of amateur stuff I made years before, and they cost money.
Personally, I do not like them at all, what we have seen of the Saturn V does not hold good feelings for any Soyuz we may receive.

qHe4Mgb.png

No, I will be keeping all parts the same as they are, unless the Soyuz is some kind of mind-blowing experience. :) 

***wipes anxious sweat off of brow*** Thank god! I hate them too. I don't see the point in making the DLC if mods for these things already exist*. I also hope this doesn't mean that from now on, the releases are only going to bring parts and features to those who are willing to pay.

*Actually I do... it's money $$$$

Edited by Joeybafoey

19 hours ago, DarthVader said:

b14643.de is amazing

19 hours ago, hraban said:
Sometimes one of the best sources at all.

19 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

EDIT: I've also found THIS SITE, It looks really old and it's kinda hard to navigate but it got alot of information and cool photos

b14643 and spacefacts.de are my daily dose of rocket history. Funny thing they are both maintained by some nice german people (apparently loving 1990 pre-memes internet style)

1 hour ago, overkill13 said:

Any chance that the small square docking ports, R-UOS Truss Connetor (Connector spelling mistake btw), could be set to dock at 90 degree angles?  I had some fun stabbing a space station with my solar panel arms while I tried to angle them just right.

I thought they were like that already!

Sure, no problem. Thanks for finding spelling mistake too.

Np.  Unfortunately, from my experience, they would connect at any angle.  Using only the basic GitHub release https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/releases, so if they were fixed in one of your uploads since then I won't have it.  Despite how precise you need to be, or perhaps even because of it, I love those connectors with the trusses.

Like most others here I love the mod.  Keep up the fantastic work.

Edited by overkill13

I did something in my career game using both new and old Tantares...

The N-11 prototype rocket sitting on the pad at KSC:

6xwjVyE.jpg

Lift-off!

sLOjiWp.jpg

S0aqGtK.jpg

1st stage separation, 2nd stage ignition:

Ad7uh3F.jpg

The 2nd stage engine cut-off and the rocket coasted to Apoapsis, with the LES and fairing jettisoned at 70 kilometres (90km Apoapsis), and re-ignited to begin the orbital injection:

bRtMxDQ.jpg

And then it all started to go terribly wrong. The 2nd stage cut-off, was jettisoned, and the 3rd stage ignited - but I saw that I didn't have enough fuel to complete the injection, and so, in a last-ditch effort to get this unmanned test of the TKS into orbit, I ignited the descent engine on the VA pod! Once the descent engine's fuel was depleted, I staged it away... and then proceeded to crash into it as I was still accelerating with the 'Poodle' upper stage. The rogue descent engine smacked into one of my solar panels, breaking it into tiny pieces as the debris shot silently out of sight...

So yeah, this badly damaged TKS spacecraft from old Tantares managed to hobble its way to orbit, missing a solar panel and its descent engine:

1xxYNPc.jpg

5 hours ago, TK-313 said:

*Quietly hopes that the Alnair rocket will, after all, get its proper side inscription back*

I'm going to try to make it look good tonight.

19 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I did something in my career game using both new and old Tantares...

The N-11 prototype rocket sitting on the pad at KSC:

6xwjVyE.jpg

The 2nd stage engine cut-off and the rocket coasted to Apoapsis, with the LES and fairing jettisoned at 70 kilometres (90km Apoapsis), and re-ignited to begin the orbital injection:

bRtMxDQ.jpg

And then it all started to go terribly wrong. The 2nd stage cut-off, was jettisoned, and the 3rd stage ignited - but I saw that I didn't have enough fuel to complete the injection, and so, in a last-ditch effort to get this unmanned test of the TKS into orbit, I ignited the descent engine on the VA pod! Once the descent engine's fuel was depleted, I staged it away... and then proceeded to crash into it as I was still accelerating with the 'Poodle' upper stage. The rogue descent engine smacked into one of my solar panels, breaking it into tiny pieces as the debris shot silently out of sight...

So yeah, this badly damaged TKS spacecraft from old Tantares managed to hobble its way to orbit, missing a solar panel and its descent engine:

1xxYNPc.jpg

Awesome launcher! Nice story and icident too - the poor TKS at the end is a testament to tough engineering :) 

7 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Yeah, that happened yesterday - today I made a slight modification to the N-11, and the TKS got to orbit just fine. Though I don't think Korolev is happy about using his rockets to launch his arch-rival Chelomey's military spacecraft. :)

Stranger things may yet happen :) 

Blok-G

A little clean-up of the texture. @kopapaka How about a standalone NK33 you can Cluster?

Iv9OeeP.jpg
GdjdQXU.png

Edited by Beale

On 18/04/2017 at 6:33 PM, Beale said:

For god's sake, please do so! Though I hold squad in high praise for the gem that is ksp, the truth is that in many respects the game community went far beyond anything they did so far. Just to mention one, i think it is ludicrous that they haven't thought of any life support, whithout which the game simply isnt the same.

I am not judging squad, their commercial approach, their desire to please an overall target group or specific game demand etc.. I'm just saying, it would be the end of the world if we started to limit what can be done in the modding community, just to conform to vanilla in any way. Specially because ksp, wonderful a base-game as it is, leaves a lot to be desired in its pure form. Many mods improve it a lot, and some are INDISPENSABLE.

Tantares is one such mods. 

Edited by Daniel Prates