[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

10 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

That tug is... suggestive... :wink:

As for the Fx, what's the thrust output of that engine? And is that what its supposed to look like ASL or vacuum?

You're not the first one to notice :D, but that is how it is IRL, so we go with the flow.

It is a vacuum engine, sadly the FX would look the same at sea level, so I probably would not keep these, they look nice though.

@DerpyFirework has also gotten some RealPlume configs, to be merged into the next release :) 

h9J18RZ.png
P2kc2Ap.png
c4gjGtx.png

Edited by Beale

13 minutes ago, Beale said:

You're not the first one to notice :D, but that is how it is IRL, so we go with the flow.

It is a vacuum engine, sadly the FX would look the same at sea level, so I probably would not keep these, they look nice though.

@DerpyFirework has also gotten some RealPlume configs, to be merged into the next release :) 

h9J18RZ.png
P2kc2Ap.png
c4gjGtx.png

Yeah they're definitely nice, but they just seem a little too... thick (not sure that's the best word to describe what I'm going for) for a vacuum thrust. But, yeah, nice. 

16 hours ago, Drakenex said:

My dear @Beale, I want to re-paint the TKS green, Can I please have the textures in PSD format? (I'm still working on the black soyuz!)

Big thanks!

As soon as FGB is finished, I will put together a new Github repository for art assets, where you can grab the textures freely :) 

1 minute ago, Beale said:

Github

Upload of two FGB crew parts, one with window, one without.

You can build a knock-off Priroda. 
Feedback on the colours is much appreciated, too much? 

zqbDNbT.jpg

Personally I like a bit more subdued colors, making it look like worn soviet tech, like the faded khaki on the soyuz and salyut parts.

19 minutes ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

Personally I like a bit more subdued colors, making it look like worn soviet tech, like the faded khaki on the soyuz and salyut parts.

Here's comparison shots.

eMPLTVI.png
2k50GbP.png

Edited by Beale

I assume that with the upload of the Proton 2&3 stages, that the first stage is under development?

With the mild incompatibility and duplicates of most parts, trying to separate the 2 for future use is very complicated.

14 hours ago, Beale said:

Here's comparison shots.

eMPLTVI.png
2k50GbP.png

Personally I prefer the top one, with the more 'dull' color highlights. It sticks to 'stock alike' a bit more, still adds a little variety/detail in the texture, and has that 'slightly worn out' look that a lot of soviet era space hardware had.

24 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thanks for the feedback guys,
some revised models:

Question - are you planning to remake the 1.875m cargo bay part?
(I can't even begin to tell you how much use that thing gets in my saves...)