[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I would love grid fins too, but the only way that I could see it working is by using premade fairing parts like HGR used to use. Currently, I have some frankenstein system that I use.

Anyway, it sounds like a good add-on mod feature.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

fairing grid fins would be cool , but sadly I think the odds and ends Soyuz stuff would be great sooner than later (periscope, orbital module light, big Igla antenna, and one part I miss the most is a SA/PAO decoupler with the lattice structure in the middle).

Contares is good for extra parts, but I tend to move away from mods that have dependencies from other mods..

1 hour ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I would love grid fins too, but the only way that I could see it working is by using premade fairing parts like HGR used to use. Currently, I have some frankenstein system that I use.

Care to share please? I'm trying to adapt the one from DECQ, but is a little complicated :o

1 hour ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

1 hour ago, Abrecan said:

fairing grid fins would be cool , but sadly I think the odds and ends Soyuz stuff would be great sooner than later (periscope, orbital module light, big Igla antenna, and one part I miss the most is a SA/PAO decoupler with the lattice structure in the middle).

Contares is good for extra parts, but I tend to move away from mods that have dependencies from other mods..

Yeah, the monolithic fairings I want to avoid.

Currently focusing on the 7k-ok docking ports, lights for docking and igla stuff.

6 hours ago, Drakenex said:

@BealeCan you please upload the Soyuz PSD? thanks again!! (the rocket/R7 I mean)

When I have an opportunity sure. :)

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Currently focusing on the 7k-ok docking ports, lights for docking and igla stuff.

Very much looking forward to that. Any chance of a periscope being added?

In the meantime, I decided to put some old Tantares parts back in action (with a little help from Contares and EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats). This is the result:

FTPT6nh.png

Firespitter texture switches done for all Soyuz parts. These parts are also repaintable on EVA, in case your Kerbonauts deviate from the program and decide to show their artistic spacewalking skills.

I dialled back the saturation of the colours I was using. I think they blend much more nicely with the default Tantares scheme now, but I'm open to suggestions and criticism.

GAGZBHs.jpg

7 minutes ago, Fly Angry said:

Firespitter texture switches done for all Soyuz parts. These parts are also repaintable on EVA, in case your Kerbonauts deviate from the program and decide to show their artistic spacewalking skills.

I dialled back the saturation of the colours I was using. I think they blend much more nicely with the default Tantares scheme now, but I'm open to suggestions and criticism.

The blue soyuz is beautiful :)

9 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

The blue soyuz is beautiful :)

I think it might be my favourite scheme of the four and it almost didn't happen - I'd planned a darker grey scheme but accidentally clicked the wrong colour in one of my Photoshop libraries. :)

Edited by Fly Angry
stuff. things.

1 hour ago, Fly Angry said:

Stunning work. The blue Soyuz does look great.

10 hours ago, SBKerman said:

Very much looking forward to that. Any chance of a periscope being added?

In the meantime, I decided to put some old Tantares parts back in action (with a little help from Contares and EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats). This is the result:

FTPT6nh.png

That's an amazing build (But, a sad ending)! I think @IronCretin would like to see it (Why? Ask him). :D 

Periscope, maybe? Right now I have added the light:

8fgC3aK.png
e82IhI0.png

3 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

GAGZBHs.jpg

They are amazing, all of them!
I think I will follow up and say too, yes! The azure soyuz is so pretty.

Light!
I chose not to make it a full RGB light because:

• I don't know how.
  • It's kind of low tech?

oVeeeSP.png

Newer Soyuz models have an LED based light system, but I love the shape and style of the old kind :) 

58 minutes ago, Beale said:

Light!

• I don't know how.
  • It's kind of low tech?

oVeeeSP.png

Newer Soyuz models have an LED based light system, but I love the shape and style of the old kind :) 

Looks great - don't change a thing lol!

55 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

because nowdays everyone use rgb leds

Gotcha! :) 

12 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

If you build it (the periscope)... They will look through it.

Image result for soyuz periscope

I see your light on top there HAHA!

Can't do external view without mods, but I have a quite interesting idea for the periscope... :)

GitHub

You can get the light.

6Q1G5Q5.png

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

GAGZBHs.jpg

Looks AMAZING!!! Are you planning to do recolors of other parts as well?

EDIT: I wish I could have done this myself, but I don't have Photoshop, and it's too pricey for my limited budget right now. Again, THANK YOU!!! THESE LOOK AWESOME!!! I can't wait to use these.

Edited by DJ Reonic

@CobaltWolf Everytime I see that Soyuz pic of yours I want to change my avatar to it....

6 hours ago, Beale said:

Light!

• I don't know how.
  • It's kind of low tech?

oVeeeSP.png

Love this. So simple, so useful.

5 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Looks AMAZING!!! Are you planning to do recolors of other parts as well?

EDIT: I wish I could have done this myself, but I don't have Photoshop, and it's too pricey for my limited budget right now. Again, THANK YOU!!! THESE LOOK AWESOME!!! I can't wait to use these.

Yes, I'm looking at using these schemes or similar for station parts. Rocket propellant tanks and engines will also get a lick of subdued, state-approved paint. Texture switch .cfg to go with it all of course.

I'm really glad everyone likes these, but honestly, all I'm doing here is keeping my crayon scribble inside the lines!

Edited by Fly Angry
Stuff. Things.

On 19.06.2014 at 7:46 PM, Beale said:

I think I understand, Like there should be less space in between modules? (sorry about my English).

f5f04d7376.jpg

Like this? Add on cores are mounted backwards and are more "flush".

One on bottom left is original core.

I have not even a vague idea on what MIR's layout was like and this was just a quick hack-together job.

EDIT:MIR might be the ugliest space craft I've ever seen, but a beautiful kind of ugliness ;^)

Okay, so I looked at the layout, it looks like there are only two "Salyut" pieces in the design, the two on the side are VAs (right?). Top and far left are both something else.

People's thoughts? I wouldn't be totally against making a few other pieces (Though the VA design is out of the question at the moment, it is a lot of work).

1000px-Mir_diagram.svg.png

MIR? Cool!

@Fly Angry

Even though, in comparison to the full mod, all you're doing is a pit of finger-painting - no matter, because you've just introduced a new feature that I'm sure we've all been waiting for since it was removed in... mid 2016? I only joined in January this year, so correct me if I'm wrong.