[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

11 hours ago, kopapaka said:

N1? :)

Whoa! where is that?

11 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

@Beale do you plan to model some specific Pirs/Poisk parts? It looks odd when I dock a Soyuz to my station, because of the two identical parts (Soyuz OM acting both as a OM and ISS airlock module)

That could be nice!!

raphael-willerding-6.jpg

14 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

do you plan to model some specific Pirs/Poisk parts? It looks odd when I dock a Soyuz to my station, because of the two identical parts

I did my Pirs docking module with a H-WDX Adapter Segment tucked down over top of an H-BVI Habitation Module and a Contares Khi Orbital Module tucked underneath.

32848390102_72cd36e3e1_z_d.jpg

On 19/02/2017 at 4:37 AM, Drakenex said:

Stunning!

On 19/02/2017 at 11:30 AM, trooperMNG said:

@Beale do you plan to model some specific Pirs/Poisk parts? It looks odd when I dock a Soyuz to my station, because of the two identical parts (Soyuz OM acting both as a OM and ISS airlock module)

There has been a lot of requests, not a bad idea to make, but bundle with the Progress (Like Rassvet before).

3 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

it's okay now. at least for me. i did a bit of code changing and got parts i needed back while still having new tantares installed. 

Cool :) 

She blinded me with science!

DstLLJj.png
cMygh8C.png
h0jP6kw.png
io4TzKb.png

On 2/17/2017 at 7:01 PM, Beale said:

It looks like the truss should probably be wider from images, I will remake at 1.875m maybe.

I am building a Mir 2 Proyekt 1993 and overlayed it onto one of the more detailed plans. A few things are off a touch in length and can be tweaked but the truss looks to be spot on.
33025610285_dfb4408789_z_d.jpg

On 19/02/2017 at 11:38 PM, kopapaka said:

Nice video (what software?).

I have a new landmark to visit! :D 

15 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I am building a Mir 2 Proyekt 1993 and overlayed it onto one of the more detailed plans. A few things are off a touch in length and can be tweaked but the truss looks to be spot on.
33025610285_dfb4408789_z_d.jpg

Wow! I'm surprised it is that close.

On 22.02.2017 at 4:37 AM, Beale said:

It's really heavy (Kvant was Proton's heaviest payload ever) and is worse than the stock science module.

The single Kvant module looks a little bit small to be the heaviest :)
It was Kvant + FGB tug (made from TKS without a VA return capsule). Something like this:

kvant.jpg
Also it's strange for me to have a potent space astrophysical observatory being worser than that stock giantish aluminum can :huh:

Edited by Legcutter

17 hours ago, Legcutter said:

It was Kvant + FGB tug (made from TKS without a VA return capsule). Something like this:

kvant.jpg
Also it's strange for me to have a potent space astrophysical observatory being worser than that stock giantish aluminum can :huh:

Good point!

I have rebalanced it to be more or less equal.

Github!

- OMS
- Solar panel normal maps

khK5pA8.png
NYv9jqr.png
4nm3jq2.png
2NDwgkv.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 23.2.2017 at 6:19 AM, Legcutter said:

kvant.jpg

The 37KE Module without tks-5 should be around 11 metric tons compared to the more or less 19 tons of the tks based modules (kvant-2, kristall, spektr), so about 57-58% of those.

19 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Like those OMS. What's the output? And nice flame in the bucket. 

10kn each, not a lot for the 10,000kg module, but enough.

2 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

The 37KE Module without tks-5 should be around 11 metric tons compared to the more or less 19 tons of the tks based modules (kvant-2, kristall, spektr), so about 57-58% of those.

6 1/4 tons?! :) 

It seems a lot for a Kerbal part, but then again very heavy parts can be interesting (Station Science).

Good to hear feedback on this.

Depends on how you scale weight. If based on a 0.64 spatial axis shrink, weight should go down .64^3 times as does the volume, not just by linear scale.That's how I scale fuel (plus density of stock fuel/ox and the different ratios of it). Comes close to stock units of the same size.

3 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

Depends on how you scale weight. If based on a 0.64 spatial axis shrink, weight should go down .64^3 times as does the volume, not just by linear scale.That's how I scale fuel (plus density of stock fuel/ox and the different ratios of it). Comes close to stock units of the same size.

4.5 tons sounds good.

zm8EUtp.png
Gc8MFvk.jpg

16 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

Not just "should be", it actually was 11 tons, so u are correct (and 22,8 with FGB tug on launch).

9 hours ago, Beale said:

zm8EUtp.png

Now this new solar panel is one of few things I was terribly missing when building my Mir complex using old Tantares parts.
Mr. Bready just have made me happier then ever :)

Edited by Legcutter

3 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Now this new solar panel is one of few things I was terribly missing when building my Mir complex using old Tantares parts.
Mr. Bready just have made me happier then ever :)

It was a very alarming omission! :) 

It may be quite a complicated part, if I can get the config set up correctly...

OoUGNmD.png