[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

42 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Question - are you planning to remake the 1.875m cargo bay part?
(I can't even begin to tell you how much use that thing gets in my saves...)

You know it :) 

Github

The new texture does work quite nice,

Gr82HoI.png The Shokoladnyy modul' docks with the station, bringing much needed supplies.
Uru7sYY.jpg ______ Kerman gets out to do the vital truss-building.
nDce4O0.png We always need a truss.
ZYbye47.png I don't have a problem.
9A5o7XH.png That's a real high man.
EBDJDqn.png Real high.

Space Ambulance 3000
Coming soon to your saturday morning cartoons.

rwylXQT.png

And the classic....

0WcrWji.png

Edited by Beale

Dear @Beale, I went ahead and made a re-color of the TKS, everything went fine but ... when zooming out some parts of the texture turns black, do you know why? I'm going:

DDS --> TGA --> Photoshop -->TGA --> DDS

For mipmap generation I'm using "bilinear"

Example:

6qZwv2Y.png

Thanks!!

Edit:

Got it!! but I guess it need a darker shade of green

QpnKxRL.png

Edited by Drakenex

14 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Dear @Beale, I went ahead and made a re-color of the TKS, everything went fine but ... when zooming out some parts of the texture turns black, do you know why? I'm going:

DDS --> TGA --> Photoshop -->TGA --> DDS

For mipmap generation I'm using "bilinear"

Example:

6qZwv2Y.png

Thanks!!

Edit:

Got it!! but I guess it need a darker shade of green

QpnKxRL.png

Very nice, you will find it a lot easier when I get you the PSDs :) 

Github

Two adapter plates, 1.875 -> 1.25 and 1.875 -> 0.9375
These allow you to create more "tin can" like space station modules, and lay the ground for Kvant-2 / Kristall.

EuUnc3K.png
AmUB4A1.png

Hello

Just some feedback.  I don't know if it is just me, or maybe I am just an idiot....

The new Soyuz seems to be a bit useless.  Namely because I have never yet had a chance to use it.  I don't know if I am the only one who plays on hard?  but it is sooo far down the tree that my career is over  with probes all over the system and I am starting a fresh game before I get there.  It bothered my on the old Tantares that almost never flew the Soyuz with the right solar panels but now I can't use it with the right rocket either.

Might I suggest the parts to make Sputnik (R7) version be available at the old tier and the parts to make Vostok the next tier.  The the ability to do part upgrades you can even nerf the engines a bit at those tiers.

Unless I am the only one, then I guess it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Leszek said:

Hello

Just some feedback.  I don't know if it is just me, or maybe I am just an idiot....

The new Soyuz seems to be a bit useless.  Namely because I have never yet had a chance to use it.  I don't know if I am the only one who plays on hard?  but it is sooo far down the tree that my career is over  with probes all over the system and I am starting a fresh game before I get there.  It bothered my on the old Tantares that almost never flew the Soyuz with the right solar panels but now I can't use it with the right rocket either.

Might I suggest the parts to make Sputnik (R7) version be available at the old tier and the parts to make Vostok the next tier.  The the ability to do part upgrades you can even nerf the engines a bit at those tiers.

Unless I am the only one, then I guess it doesn't matter.

Yeah, my admitting is the tech tree is pure-garbage for my parts, I have ignored it too much.

I will take a look in the near future, but if you have any immediate suggestions, feel free to open a pull-request.

3 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

I like the new shape but the cylinders look a bit too small (or is that just me?)

You're right, they were scaled incorrectly at first, here is now.

01C2vxY.png

Compared to the old, the new are slightly thinner, but as far as I can tell, this is more accurate.
Keep in mind, these are the shorter variants and not full length.

K10DF7m.png

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

K10DF7m.png

Now they look spot on:D, I really like the fact that they are flat on the top and that the cover is also flat, they look more functional for some reason (like every Soviet design)

Edited by NeoFatalis

6 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

Now they look spot on:D, I really like the fact that they are flat on the top and that the cover is also flat, they look more functional for some reason (like every Soviet design)

They were still wrong :) 

Here is the super-correct-and-not-wrong version, this time showing the curved variant.

rsOWDFh.png
oTH9cCQ.png

3 hours ago, Legcutter said:

There's no good in bringing in some disorder, but..:

71_35b.jpg

3 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

It's the first time that I see these tanks like that, maybe it's because that TKS is not fully constructed in this image?

40 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Sure as hell doesn't look finished to me!

I invite somebody to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think:

• The two cylinder fuel tanks were wrapped-bandaged by a thin aluminium sheet, like in Legcutter's image.
  • TKS in image is still lacking radiator covers + metal covers over the fuel tanks.

The craft is... uniquely bad to get good reference materials for (Probably for being developed initially as a Military Almaz program and never entering mainstream service).

cos1663d.jpg

The detail is not really hard to implement, I just feel plain cylinders will look nice with the other coming mono-tanks (single cylinder variants for MIR FGBs).

B5JBGZA.png

Edited by Beale

6 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Bit of an off topic question here but, what language is used to make KSP mods?? C#? C++? Something else?

Plugins that add new features to the game are developed in C# class libraries, usually in Visual Studio (Which is free for this use).
Part mods like this don't require any code and are developed using any 3D modelling software (Blender, 3ds Max, Maya or Wings 3D personally) and Unity (Free).

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Plugins that add new features to the game are developed in C# class libraries, usually in Visual Studio (Which is free for this use).
Part mods like this don't require any code and are developed using any 3D modelling software (Blender, 3ds Max, Maya or Wings 3D personally) and Unity (Free).

Thank you sir! Much appreciated. 

59 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

The slightly thinner mono tanks will make opening the cargo doors (and unloading things) MUCH easier, thank yoU!

I have been thinking about this, it is still probably a bit tight, a cargo TKS probably is best to remove one or both of the solar panels and deploy the door sideways.

iI2O6F3.png
KCr5yZB.png
gWPOflo.png

7s6DmIu.png

Edited by Beale