[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

5 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

Option 1. Simple, the way it should be.

Nobody will force you, if you like option 1, stay with that :)
The parts will not be replaced! No worries! 

Edited by Beale

Looking at this video of Soyuz approaching the ISS, it appears there are also linear thrusters on the top and bottom of the decoupler along with those new blocks you just made

Just now, TheRedTom said:

Looking at this video of Soyuz approaching the ISS, it appears there are also linear thrusters on the top and bottom of the decoupler along with those new blocks you just made

Brilliant! Okay, I will include those too.

37 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

May be helpful :

Spoiler

8db642aa1aa2bc272fcc71311f8ff5df.jpg

Great job @Beale   i love your mod

Edit : other view :

Spoiler

1200px-Soyuz_TMA-7_spacecraft2edit1.jpg

Edited by Well

15 minutes ago, Well said:

May be helpful :

Hide contents

8db642aa1aa2bc272fcc71311f8ff5df.jpg

Great job @Beale   i love your mod

Edit : other view :

Hide contents

1200px-Soyuz_TMA-7_spacecraft2edit1.jpg

Great pictures! Many thanks.
I think it looks like there are only attitude control on the bottom skirt of the service module, I've had some problem with this because it causes unwanted translation when turning, but I guess that happens too IRL and the just deal with it (After all, they would not hold the jet on, but one small burst and wait till the rotation is complete).

I have a lot of variants coming, so hopefully this setup can be reproduced exactly.

ooJwEUH.png

Apropos Raduga, a non-inventory part would be an awesome film return capsule as used on Almaz. Optically, it should resemble the return capsules used on the Orlets spacecraft. It could also be adapted (in case You do not wish to make multiple versions (fully and absolutely understandable)) for Use on the  Yantar-2K spacecraft.

21 minutes ago, Beale said:

I think it looks like there are only attitude control on the bottom skirt of the service module, I've had some problem with this because it causes unwanted translation when turning, but I guess that happens too IRL and the just deal with it (After all, they would not hold the jet on, but one small burst and wait till the rotation is complete).

I have a lot of variants coming, so hopefully this setup can be reproduced exactly.

ooJwEUH.png

I love this little collection of thruster, I do not stop thinking to "Rob" the robot of Nintendo by seeing them :

Spoiler

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

According to this, there are 4 thrusters on the OM but I can't see them in any pictures

Very interesting, yeah I cannot find anything anywhere else, but this would explain a lot!
Even if this is not the case, IRL, it could be a good idea to include anyway, as KSP prefers long holds of the RCS rotation, rather than short bursts.

I doubt it because reaching the fuel all away to the OM complicates the design and kind of defeats the purpose of the separate modules, but maybe.

23 minutes ago, dimovski said:

Apropos Raduga, a non-inventory part would be an awesome film return capsule as used on Almaz. Optically, it should resemble the return capsules used on the Orlets spacecraft. It could also be adapted (in case You do not wish to make multiple versions (fully and absolutely understandable)) for Use on the  Yantar-2K spacecraft.

Very nice links! Thanks.

I think something will have to be put in place!
There is another idea I had for a certain Almaz part, but I am keeping it close to my chest till it works. :) 

20 minutes ago, Well said:

I love this little collection of thruster, I do not stop thinking to "Rob" the robot of Nintendo by seeing them :

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Oh dear... :D 

Qn3SqdL.png

Edited by Beale

Since more than a few Tantares loyalists have used it in the past, please forgive the spam - but my soviet space program career mode overhaul mod FINALLY got updated (it's been almost a year) and is now up to spec for 1.3 and the very latest Tantares releases.

13 hours ago, Beale said:

So much more to fit with small greeble parts, I wonder what is next?

I wonder... Contares has a lot of greeble parts, and I use it for that. I'd like to see the periscope, side window like the Q Orbital Systems one, and some small grid fins? (even if not usable for LES with the current configuration, it'd be nice to have some so I can make a version). An image of all the parts the Soyuz has on it (for reference is here, from Wikipedia):

An umbilical would also be really cool, but I get around that by using fuel lines

15 hours ago, Beale said:

I need help!

Not sure if these images are of any use to you @Beale but its the closest I could find to show how things are laid out.

I think you might be right about the skirt being pitch / yaw only and translation from the mid-section thrusters.

Edited by Fly Angry
stuff. things. L2ENGLISH, FLY!

2 hours ago, Legcutter said:

One extra pic of Soyuz' orientation thrusters, as they were arranged before this last modification of Soyuz-MS
(*snip*)

Just the view I was looking for, thank you!

Edited by hraban

I can't wait for Pirs/Poisk!  My Kerbaled International Space Station just won't feel the same without 'em ^^

screenshot44.png

But a periscope for my underwater Soyuz project would probably be a good idea.  Just have to figure out how to sink a Soyuz without resorting to flooding it... >.>

Edited by Deltac

On 6/4/2017 at 3:53 PM, Beale said:

A bit late to the party, but here I am. The Soyuz/Progress MS has totally revamped it's DPO (Dvigateli Prichalivaniya i Orientatsii, Berthing and Orientation Engines) system, having now at least 10 pairs of thrusters midship (4 pairs on the Z-axis, 4 pairs on the Y-axis, and 2 pairs on the X-axis pointing towards the front). They can be seen quite clearly in the pictures below, 2 Z-pairs around the Instrument/Descent/Orbital umbilical and a 2 Y-pairs 1 X-pairs next to the root of the solar panels.

Spoiler

nhq201610110011.jpg

Spoiler

iss049e042858.jpg

Additionally, there are 4 more Z-pairs pointing towards the back on the base around the KDU (the Soyuz main engine).

Spoiler

jgD9FRA.jpg

j49nBUB.jpg

Try as I might, I couldn't find any more clear images of the back of the ship or even of Progress MS, either during processing or in orbit. Surprisingly enough, it seems the  MS series doesn't have any skirt thrusters anymore; they have been quite conspicuous in the previous versions of Soyuz/Progress (and the MS thrusters seem to be the biggest ever), and unless they are hiding behind the "lollipop" antennae at the base of the skirt  it'd be safe to say they are gone. That said, it seems the Z-aligned thrusters on the base are angled inwards, and may be playing a dual role, translating on the Z-axis when firing together, and pitching and yawing when used individually. RussianSpaceWeb does show skirt thrusters on their diagrams, but photos show nothing but thermal blankets on their supposed location. 

There are no thrusters on the orbital module; the only Soyuz to ever feature them was the LOK, and it carried its own tanks on the orbital module for that.

One last question remains: How the f@#! do they roll??

@Beale and whoever else thinks they have an answer

Sooo... I'm in a bit of a pickle, Beale, and its all your fault! :P I apparently seem to have a fixation on using your parts to build... well... pretty damn much everything I do, apparently. 

So here's my situation: up to this point, I was on KSP 1.1.2 and now I'm upgrading (finally) to 1.2.2. So I downloaded the older and still compatible Tantares file ''Tantares Release 37.1'' and all is well, save the fact that I think you removed a few items from it at some point (Crater.Control, Fomalhaut.Science.A, Auva.LFO.A, Libra.LFO.B, ...)?? Anyways, that broke a few things, but nothing to scoff about. The issue is this, I was hoping to transition fully to the newest release of Tantares so that I can continue to stay up to date with KSP versions and due away with the old Tantares verion (even though it's still compatible) but as it turns out, that killed 79 of the 81 active flights I had and about 92% of all my builds were unavaible in the VAB/SPH. So, apparently, I use your stuff... like a lot... 

My concern is that unless I transition to the newest Tantares version, the ''Tantares Release 37.1'' I'm currently on in KSP 1.2.2 won't be compatible with subsequent KSP versions for too long and I'll be stuck or screwed. Besides rebuilding/hyper-editing everything back (which would be a pain to say the least), is there any way around this??

Cheers!