[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

21 hours ago, AstroPawian said:

no mir folder 

If you want to get rid of the Mir parts, delete the SALYUT folder. It contains both the Salyut and Mir parts. I believe that @Beale just gave you advice for the old, outdated version of Tantares.

EDIT:

Wait, what? You changed the layout again?

@AstroPawian I belive you're using an older version, maybe for 1.2.2?

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

On 04/07/2017 at 8:47 AM, dimovski said:

Thanks a bunch!

Well, that was a rather embarassing failure... By the way, there is a small naming bug with Your Soyuz solar panels, both folding styles have exactly the same names and properties. As one can distinguish them visually, it's not a big Bdeale, but I thought I'd let You know anyhow.

I kind of intentionally had this, becuase they were the same part in DNA, but just deploy differently, what do you think?

On 05/07/2017 at 4:21 PM, AstroPawian said:

no mir folder 

Need to see a screenshot of your folder, what do you see?

On 05/07/2017 at 8:18 AM, steedcrugeon said:

Yesterday saw my first attempted at a manned Duna Landing. I used predominantly Tantares stuff with a little help from Stock/Lack Parts. I present here are the fruits of DunaMunar2 (full story in Spoiler)

9tDyis2.png

Hide contents

After successfully transferring from the command ship (heavy reliance is placed upon the autonomous systems after comrade Jeb failed to make it into his command seat) Dimnie seen below is inspecting the lander post Duna Capture (aero Braking was for the capture).

1aDvCEz.png

after dropping below about 13km the drogue chutes are deployed:

This slow the vessel enough to allow for safe detachment of the heatsheild and now empty Monoprop tank (much mono prop was used in dropping the Periapsis)

The Duna surface now fills all of Dimnie's landing viewport:

As the surface nears only a small amount of thrust is required to reduce the velocity, the chutes have done the majority of the work.

yQGku8p.png

The landing turned out to be a bit rougher than expected, more thrust was required but the vessel survives the crash:

Dimnie explores the crash landing site and sets up a marker for later:

sJJUGhn.png

She returns to the LK pod deploys what equipment she can and prepares herself for a longer stay than anticipated:

zVINm11.png

Ouch!
It stings, but nice attempt, I love the craft design! :) 
My attempt from 4 years ago... Yes I have not tried it since then.

Vph1ZZn.png
mQJdord.png
tg14mWh.png

On 06/07/2017 at 1:53 AM, overkill13 said:

Spacedock previous version link to V1.0.1, the latest version for KSP 1.2.2, actually downloads TantaresLV.

Don't understand sorry?

On 06/07/2017 at 1:26 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

If you want to get rid of the Mir parts, delete the SALYUT folder. It contains both the Salyut and Mir parts. I believe that @Beale just gave you advice for the old, outdated version of Tantares.

EDIT:

Wait, what? You changed the layout again?

@AstroPawian I belive you're using an older version, maybe for 1.2.2?

Think I am pretty sure of the folder structure :D. The layout has not changed maybe since last year.

Do you like crafts?

Your favourite  @DiscoSlelge did a thing and made a lot!

Grab them from the craft-links on the first page!

front_TKS_1.pngfront_Mir_-_Prirorda_2.pngfront_Mir_-_Spektr_1.pngfront_Mir_-_Kristall_1.png

front_Mir_-_Kvant_1.png Kvant-1
front_Mir_core_1.png MIR Core Module
front_Salyut_6_1.png Salyut 6 / 7
front_Almaz_10_1.png Almaz 10 (Sekrit)
front_Almaz_6_1.png?width=1062&height=586 Almaz-APOS

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Don't understand sorry?

When I go to Spacedock for Tantares (Soyuz, Mir, etc) and use the changelog links to find the last version that was compatible with 1.2.2 which is Tantares 1.0.1 the download contains the launch vehicles from TantaresLV not the modules for Soyuz and the like.

33 minutes ago, overkill13 said:

When I go to Spacedock for Tantares (Soyuz, Mir, etc) and use the changelog links to find the last version that was compatible with 1.2.2 which is Tantares 1.0.1 the download contains the launch vehicles from TantaresLV not the modules for Soyuz and the like.

Oh! I am sorry, I will try to fix this when I can.
What is holding you from 1.3 btw? I see a lot of people remaining on 1.2.2.

The Energia is under a little revamp, but going well.

mbdqgNu.png
Wmty1Md.png

I just don't see the need.  Being an English speaker, 1.3 doesn't offer very much to me.  Some of my mods aren't even up to date with 1.2 (Habtech, kubesats and US/Sov Solar) and I'm concerned they'll break completely if I go to 1.3 as well.  

TAC LS and Kerbalism 1.3s are both having issues with their background processing.  Maybe if they get worked out I might go to 1.3, but for now I switched to USI and am sticking with 1.2.

11 hours ago, Beale said:

Do you like crafts?

Your favourite  @DiscoSlelge did a thing and made a lot!Grab them from the craft-links on the first page!

Spoiler

front_TKS_1.pngfront_Mir_-_Prirorda_2.pngfront_Mir_-_Spektr_1.pngfront_Mir_-_Kristall_1.png

front_Mir_-_Kvant_1.png Kvant-1
front_Mir_core_1.png MIR Core Module
front_Salyut_6_1.png Salyut 6 / 7
front_Almaz_10_1.png Almaz 10 (Sekrit)
front_Almaz_6_1.png?width=1062&height=586 Almaz-APOS

Awesome, I dream about it all the time.

giphy.gif

On 08.07.2017 at 7:37 AM, overkill13 said:

I just don't see the need.  Being an English speaker, 1.3 doesn't offer very much to me.

Even being a russian speaker, 1.3's russian localisation font is so awkward I'm still on 1.2.2 myself.

I will give my opinion, and I'm not sure about some things, but I'm mainly playing 1.2.2 myself... I have a 1.3 copy I've dabbled with, but the UI and things like the main screen etc. just feel... odd / out of place? Idk.. maybe I'm just being picky or something? 1.2.2 just plays better

Hey all.

I'd like to apologise for my absence due to stuff and things. I've missed quite a lot by the looks!

I know a few of you have been asking where my recolours are. I'm back on deck now and time permitting I'll put them up at GitHub this week. I need some time to sort a few things out then good to go.

@Beale - Energia is something I've always wanted to play with, looking forward to seeing where it goes!

On 24/06/2017 at 5:25 AM, Beale said:

News from the workbench.

I am still recovering (hand injury), but some experimentation with normal maps was not too bad. Just to stress this - these are not any final plans, but a big push for normal maps is underway (Yes I have said this before :P ).

ZUu9NSj.png Basic normal mapping (And colours!).
Ypg0DEv.png Basic normal mapping.
wh4xegW.png Stronger normal mapping. 
OJga6Gj.jpg Grime and slime.
ZD3lltE.png Stronger grime and slime.

Beautiful.

On 08/07/2017 at 1:37 AM, overkill13 said:

I just don't see the need.  Being an English speaker, 1.3 doesn't offer very much to me.  Some of my mods aren't even up to date with 1.2 (Habtech, kubesats and US/Sov Solar) and I'm concerned they'll break completely if I go to 1.3 as well.  

TAC LS and Kerbalism 1.3s are both having issues with their background processing.  Maybe if they get worked out I might go to 1.3, but for now I switched to USI and am sticking with 1.2.

12 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Even being a russian speaker, 1.3's russian localisation font is so awkward I'm still on 1.2.2 myself.

11 hours ago, Abrecan said:

I will give my opinion, and I'm not sure about some things, but I'm mainly playing 1.2.2 myself... I have a 1.3 copy I've dabbled with, but the UI and things like the main screen etc. just feel... odd / out of place? Idk.. maybe I'm just being picky or something? 1.2.2 just plays better

You all have valid reasons, but, at the end of the day, I cannot support older version :( 

I will look to get the files online correct when I have the time.

6 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

Hey all.

I'd like to apologise for my absence due to stuff and things. I've missed quite a lot by the looks!

I know a few of you have been asking where my recolours are. I'm back on deck now and time permitting I'll put them up at GitHub this week. I need some time to sort a few things out then good to go.

@Beale - Energia is something I've always wanted to play with, looking forward to seeing where it goes!

Good to have you back!

Many thanks! Look forward to what you do.

Energia...

nhiugd3.png
MIgXX5o.jpg

Something else...

BYahAdp.png

5 hours ago, Beale said:

You all have valid reasons, but, at the end of the day, I cannot support older version :(

Luckily I still have a 1.2.2 version of Tantares, I was just getting the last 1.2.2 compatible versions of all my mods.  I seem to be seeing quite a few posts indicating that a lot of 1.3 mods seem to work fine in 1.2.2, so I might give a 1.3 comp Tantares a try at some point.

3 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Luckily I still have a 1.2.2 version of Tantares, I was just getting the last 1.2.2 compatible versions of all my mods.  I seem to be seeing quite a few posts indicating that a lot of 1.3 mods seem to work fine in 1.2.2, so I might give a 1.3 comp Tantares a try at some point.

Any parts mods (that haven't been localized) should work fine.

15 hours ago, Beale said:

No sad feelings about that, mr. Beale, this great mod is way more important to me than any fonts :wink:

7 hours ago, Nixod321 said:

I just want to say that this mod is wonderful; after four years of KSP I'm very bored of American parts. I think of this very much as a Soviet-themed KW, for all that's worth.

Many thanks!

Touch-up on the FGB tanks.

4iKBeW3.png
8PmOLBs.png

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I like it.
Will it be just defaulting to it, a texture variant or applied over time when some time passed by in space?

Just the texture, more grunge here:

34mtrsv.jpg

1 hour ago, Well said:

Ready for the Future, Tantares offers so much potential for creation. Thanks @Beale  :D

1SUteo8.png

Amazing craft! I love it!