[1.2] NavHud - a NavBall inspired Heads Up Display - 1.3.3

Ninenium

On 10/23/2016 at 7:47 AM, SkyKaptn said:

Edit: Nevermind the above. It was Contract Configurator that trashed Blizzy's toolbar and then led to an cascade of errors.

Nope. Contract Configurator exposed a bug in the toolbar wrapper. Mods need to update the toolbar wrapper as discussed here:

Edited by Tarheel1999

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have a request: Is it possible to implement  this HUD to use it for visual approach, so we would not need any ILS to descent on a correct path

That mean we need to designate a target on ground which is the point where we want to touch down, like the beginning of a runway or any point we'd like to be our touch down point to land anywhere.

Then with the horizontal distance to target and the height over target, we get a descent path in degrees. We can display or not display these figures on HUD, the main point being that if we align our speed vector (that should be the prograde vector in atmospheric flight) to the target on ground, we will for sure touch down ground at target.

Edited by gilflo

12 minutes ago, gilflo said:

Hello

I have a request: Is it possible to implement  this HUD to use it for visual approach, so we would not need any ILS to descent on a correct path

That mean we need to designate a target on ground which is the point where we want to touch down, like the beginning of a runway or any point we'd like to be our touch down point to land anywhere.

Then with the horizontal distance to target and the height over target, we get a descent path in degrees. We can display or not display these figures on HUD, the main point being that if we align our speed vector (that should be the prograde vector in atmospheric flight) to the target on ground, we will for sure touch down ground at target.

Excuse me, but are you asking every modder out there to implement this idea? You have the same thing over at KER. Maybe you should looking into doing yourself?

And, it's not that hard to land a plane....

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to say thank you soooooo much! It looked interesting in the video but it's so much more impressive if you see it yourself - now docking is actually fun!

If you update this in the future I have a small request:

Could you add a option for a different alignment cross? one where "up" is marked and maybe a option to add more lines to it? (flexible like the lines on the hud. To make it easier to rotate your ship to X° and dock precise).

Anyways I love your mod and the whole customicebility.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, @Ninenium , thank you for creating and maintaining this great mod. Could I suggest implementing a small horizon line in your NavHud? I know that it can be showed by enabling line drawing in settings, but these lines, even if turned down to minimum, still clutter the screen. Having a small horizon indicator would help a lot with these landings! Would you be kind enough to consider it?

17 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

Hey, @Ninenium , thank you for creating and maintaining this great mod. Could I suggest implementing a small horizon line in your NavHud? I know that it can be showed by enabling line drawing in settings, but these lines, even if turned down to minimum, still clutter the screen. Having a small horizon indicator would help a lot with these landings! Would you be kind enough to consider it?

Flight indicators mod may be working? It has an awesome horizon line feature.

30 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Flight indicators mod may be working? It has an awesome horizon line feature.

Yeah, looks great, but it lacks other markers... And doesn't seem to be updated often.

32 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

Yeah, looks great, but it lacks other markers... And doesn't seem to be updated often.

I typically use it in conjunction with NavHud. I use the basic horizon/vector from Flight Indicators for cruising, then switch to *all* the indicators (NavHud) when doing close-up maneuvers. There's also a vertical indicator for straight up & down in Flight Indicators, so I often don't even need NavHud.

They also work together at the same time... for an awesomely cluttered experience. :wink:

1 minute ago, Beetlecat said:

I typically use it in conjunction with NavHud. I use the basic horizon/vector from Flight Indicators for cruising, then switch to *all* the indicators (NavHud) when doing close-up maneuvers. There's also a vertical indicator for straight up & down in Flight Indicators, so I often don't even need NavHud.

They also work together at the same time... for an awesomely cluttered experience. :wink:

Yeah, well... I'm trying to keep mod list to a minimum, my poor laptop is already struggling :D NavHud is almost perfect, it's just this one little thing that's missing.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.