[0.90] Orbital Material Science version 0.6

N3h3mia

Yup, the new version with the IVAs solved the crashes. Thanks!

I did notice another minor issue, however.... On the station core part, the clickable area for the crew hatches are rotated like 30^ to the left around the can from where the hatches actually are. Also, regardless of which entry hatch clickable you click on, the Kerbal always comes out the rear hatch.

Also had Station Science installed, and in that thread it's been noticed they haven't been playing nice together.

You mean the Station Science thread? I guess I need to have a look at this thread too.

Also, regardless of which entry hatch clickable you click on, the Kerbal always comes out the rear hatch.

I noticed the problem that the Kerbal always comes out the same hatch. I'm not sure I can do something to fix that. But I'll look into it.

i have a bug: im using ksp .24.2 32 bit and i noticed a bug where i get the missing method exception spammed to the log when the material exposure thing is unpaused and working, and its something about part.connect or similar to that. i think its part.connect resource or it may be something else. please help.

Hey, not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but for some reason my experiments won't progress. The Station Science modules all work fine, but none of the modules from this mod appear to work. The labs claim they're active, but they don't actually interact with the experiment modules. For some reason, it just says "No Experiments" in the case of the lab, or "Idle" in the case of the exposure platform, even though the experiments themselves claim to be running.

that is exactly the same thing that is happening to me.

CCFE shows : Status Running : Testpoints 0.00/18.00

MSL-1000:

State: Operational

Productivity : 0.53xxxxx

Vessel productivity 1.7xxxxx

Mep825:

Lab status : idle

Platform extended (it can be made to extend and retract just fine)

Pause Research: can be paused, or resumed just fine

however, the TEST animation itself never ran. nothing was pulled out to expose.

TH-NKR

State: operational

Eurekas : no experiments

If it helps This is on 32bit, and the Station Science mod itself is working fine.

Edited by Fyrem

Hmmm, my MSL-1000 Material Science Lab isn't producing Testpoints. It has 2 crew, power, and there are experiments docked and active. Is there something special I need to do?

The station is generating Eurekas and distributing them correctly.

EDIT: Ah, appears I'm not the only one having this problem :( If I make any progress, I'll let ya'll know.

Edited by JDCollie

Hello it looks like the KSP update or the Station Science update causes a bug in the mod. Sorry. I try to look into it. But I'm quite busy this week and the next 3 weeks I'm in the army. Yea its a Swiss thing, our army works a bit like the National Guard in the USA. I've to do join for 3 weeks each year. Maybe I'll find some time to fix this, but I will be mostly offline during the next 3 week. The internet connection sucks in the mountains. Please be patient.

Hi N3h3mia,

I've made a basic config file for your Orbital Material Science parts. If you'd like to review it, it's here.

Cheers,

- Micha.

Thanks Micha.

it looks good to my. I may add some parts in the future. Should I contact you when I do so, or what is the best way for you.

Thanks Micha.

it looks good to my. I may add some parts in the future. Should I contact you when I do so, or what is the best way for you.

Cool. I'm not the CLS author either, just started using the two mods in combination. I've sent codepoet a pull request to integrate the config into the CLS mod.

I guess the best way would be to integrate the CLS config into your parts if you want to directly support CLS. Otherwise I'm sure myself or someone else will pick up new parts as and when you release them and add them to the config. Feel free to notify me though to make sure :)

Also if I may be so bold, I would suggest that you ensure all of your parts have a unique prefix (eg NE_). That may not be possible (without breaking everyone's saves) with the existing parts, but ensures you won't clash with someone else's parts in the future.

Btw, loving this mod so far, just building my first station with your components. Anything to give stations a bit more use :)

Cheers,

- Micha.

Question, (once TestPoints are working again)...

If I run these experiments while in Kerbal Orbit...

would I get any benefit by building a station in a Minmus orbit.. and running them again?

Duna, Jool, etc?

is it possible for someone to make a quick fix for the test points and exposure thing? i have a bug where i have a orbital materials lab, the small one with 1 crew capacity, a kerbal in it, the thing deployed, and a experiment, but when i activate it i get part.methodsconnectedresource spammed to the log or something similar, i need help

Question, (once TestPoints are working again)...

If I run these experiments while in Kerbal Orbit...

would I get any benefit by building a station in a Minmus orbit.. and running them again?

Duna, Jool, etc?

I've had several different contract requests to do these things in orbit around different planets, so I assume they recognize low/high orbits of different planets and give science accordingly. I haven't tested this yet, but I'll post to confirm or negate when it's fixed.

Hello it looks like the KSP update or the Station Science update causes a bug in the mod. Sorry. I try to look into it. But I'm quite busy this week and the next 3 weeks I'm in the army. Yea its a Swiss thing, our army works a bit like the National Guard in the USA. I've to do join for 3 weeks each year. Maybe I'll find some time to fix this, but I will be mostly offline during the next 3 week. The internet connection sucks in the mountains. Please be patient.

No worries :) Hope your exercises go well!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I was away for so long. I'm quite busy with my BA-thesis and with dealing with other things. I would love to work on the mod and I've some ideas I'd like to add. But I can not guarantee any release time. I hope that I'm able to work on the mod on the weekends or over the Christmas days. I haven't even started 0.25 once since it came out. Please be patient and sorry.

Glad to hear that you are still alive and kicking. Real life does get in the way sometimes but it's not all bad. My job in RL is space flight experiments on board the ISS. In particular, CFE, Capillary Flow Experiments has been my baby since it started back in 2003. I can provide you with images and stuff if that helps. The CFE Principal Investigator is also a Co-Investigator on CCF, Capillary Channel Flow, so when I showed him a screen shot of my space station highlighting those experiments, he got excited. I would like to point out that Cool Flames started after CFE already had the acronym, so CFI is Cool Flames Investigation. I'm not sure how much real life should actually transfer into the game, but let me know if there's something I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post. I got exited getting a response from one of the real space scientists. :-) I might take you up on your offer, as soon as i get some time to work on the mod. I think in a game like KSP the RL can transfer into the game as long as it is still fun to play. Maybe some young folks get interested into space and science by playing KSP and may start a career in this field. So some pointers to RL are good and getting the names and acronyms right does not reduce the fun, so I'll change those. If you have a RL experiment that fit in the mod and you would love to see in the mod let me know.

Funny fact about my RL I am a trained lab assistant, have a degree in computer science but the BA I'm working on getting is in theology, so naturally one would expect I would be farther away from science in space the before but the opposite is true. I'm in a class about science and theology at the university of Bern (Switzerland) and in this class I meet Kathrin Altwegg she is the PI of the Rosina experiment on Rosetta and we joined them for the Philae landing event. And now I got a response from you. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a software engineer not a artist, if somebody comes up with better textures I'll integrate them and give the credit to the artist. But what do you mean with better? Better is quiet generic. The JEM-EF was flown on it's own shuttle mission and assembled in space with the two robotic arms. This process is to complicated for KSP at the moment, in my opinion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.