[0.90] Orbital Material Science version 0.6

N3h3mia

Hi,

narrowing the odd bahaviour further down I blame the SpiU experiment for it. Loading this experiment into any container will result in aboven mentioned behaviour. In addition I suffer from physics stuttering as mentioned by another user.

I've made an UNOFFICIAL EXPERIMENTAL build of this mod for KSP 1.x while N3h3mia is away, for testing purposes.

If people want to try it out, the thread with the download link is here. If you do try it out, DO NOT raise bug reports directly to N3h3mia nor to this thread; raise any issues or comments in the unofficial build thread, and I will collate them for N3h3mia on his return.

...I'm using the experimental build, but I'm pretty sure it's the same in the original mod. How the hell do I transfer the science from the experiment to my pod? I've lost it three times on re-entry now, because I can't figure out how to grab the science from the part and put it in my capsule. It's driving me crazy. It's the only science part that I can't get to do it. I'm seriously frustrated. Anyone know what to do? This has, effectively, made this mod useless for me.

Now that KAS/KIS are both (esp KAS!!) compat for 1.02, I'm sure that when N3h3mia gets back he'll (she?) make short work of updating the stuff. The main issue was that even if the mod was up to date, it relied heavily on KAS and KIS (Moreso on KAS) to place things. Hope N3h3mia gets back soon... these are my favorite science experiments. Beautifully done.

I hope you all enjoy the 1.0 release of KSP. I’m currently in Germany to finish my Bachelor's degree. Because of that I had no time to test the new KSP version and to test my mods with the 1.0 version. Kudos to Micha for the unofficial fix.

I’ll update my mods but I have to finish some papers for my degree and to plan my move to Bern where I’ll continue my studies in fall and in addition I need to look for some money to live on. I’m a gamer too and I know this sucks but I just don’t have the time right now. But I still love KSP and the community and a have some ideas for some additional parts and experiments. Please be patient.

...I just don’t have the time right now. But I still love KSP and the community and a have some ideas for some additional parts and experiments. Please be patient.

Just commenting to keep track of this mod for updates.

I'm curious if your next update will combine all your science mods

Good luck with your Bachelor's!

Glad to know N3h3mia's still going to work on the mod. This was, by far, my most favorite of ALL the science mods I've used. I loved how they took time to perform and used KAS/KIS to do them. Just brilliant work. University must always take precedence (so says the real life modulemanager). I'll stay patient and wait with good humor knowing that my favorite science mod will be up and running sometime. Now, go study. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, here’s a short update. Next week on Tuesday I’ll take my last exam for my bachelors degree. After this exam all that’s left is celebrating. :-) The good news is that I’ll plan to work on the mod in august. So you can look forward to an official update and maybe even some new experiments in the near future

Hello everybody, here’s a short update. Next week on Tuesday I’ll take my last exam for my bachelors degree. After this exam all that’s left is celebrating. :-) The good news is that I’ll plan to work on the mod in august. So you can look forward to an official update and maybe even some new experiments in the near future

Good luck, we're all counting on you. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/29/2016 at 3:15 PM, SHiRKiT said:

I can't figure out a way to load experiments into the labs or the experiment containers.

Are you using this version? The above version is outdated; use  the linked one. Post your problems there if that doesn't fix it, as it is still being developed.

10 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Are you using this version? The above version is outdated; use  the linked one. Post your problems there if that doesn't fix it, as it is still being developed.

I was not, I totally missed the other thread.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m very busy with my studies at the moment. That’s the reason why I can’t maintain the mod at the moment and in the foreseeable future. But you can use the build of this mod that is maintained by @micha Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science by micha He supported me during my last updates. So he is familiar with the mod and I trust and thank him for keeping the mod alive. I still have some ideas for future updates, but I haven’t even the time to play just 1 hour of the new KSP updates. But I hope I can return to KSP in the future.

Greetings Nehemia

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.