[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

On 4/30/2016 at 1:21 PM, maybach123 said:

alright i guess ill just do it the hard way. (using Photoshop while looking at the map in game for reference)

You might be able to glean some coordinate info from the config files, and then figure out how to plot them properly if you're using a rectangular projection map.

Easiest thing I can think of that might help you create such a map with the bases in place is to enable the bases to be visable from the tracking center (I think I remember being able to do that) then

1) open Kerbin map from the tracking center.

2) align your camera angle to be centered on the kerbin equator

3) Take a series of screen shots as you rotate your view around kerbin (you may need to do some time warping so you can get a shot of parts while they are in day light)

4) Take those screen shots and cut them down to a specific vertical slice of the rotation.

5) carefully combine and align your slices to fit together in a program like Paintdotnet (Paint.net) which is like poor mans adobe if you don't have good image editing.

If done correctly you should be able to patch together a full map of Kerbin with bases from a top down view similar to what you see in current earth world maps.

If that seems like too much work let me know and I can try to do one up for you

On a side note its been a while since I have played around with Kerbin Side; have they solved the issue with placing a base on a different planetary body?

Edited by Wrath_IX
Add a question of my own

20 minutes ago, Wrath_IX said:

Easiest thing I can think of that might help you create such a map with the bases in place is to enable the bases to be visable from the tracking center (I think I remember being able to do that) then

1) open Kerbin map from the tracking center.

2) align your camera angle to be centered on the kerbin equator

3) Take a series of screen shots as you rotate your view around kerbin (you may need to do some time warping so you can get a shot of parts while they are in day light)

4) Take those screen shots and cut them down to a specific vertical slice of the rotation.

5) carefully combine and align your slices to fit together in a program like Paintdotnet (Paint.net) which is like poor mans adobe if you don't have good image editing.

If done correctly you should be able to patch together a full map of Kerbin with bases from a top down view similar to what you see in current earth world maps.

If that seems like too much work let me know and I can try to do one up for you

On a side note its been a while since I have played around with Kerbin Side; have they solved the issue with placing a base on a different planetary body?

no i havent seen any bases on any other planets i think he is limiting it to kerbin. But I have seen other mods that do it 

Getting some new errors popping up with Contract Configurator and Kerbin Side Jobs: 

Spoiler

u5dZRw7.png

and output_log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBQkRHbGdSRDFvR0U

Also, I assume it's impossible to disable Downlink separate from the rest of the Kerbal Konstructs .dll?

Edited by theonegalen

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Getting some new errors popping up with Contract Configurator and Kerbin Side Jobs: 

Reveal hidden contents

u5dZRw7.png

and output_log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBQkRHbGdSRDFvR0U

That's CC and RemoteTech having a slap fight with Module Manager instigating it. Until they calm down calm down, you can just comment the MM code out of the relevant contract cfg.

The Downlink is disabled unless you turn it on.

Edited by AlphaAsh

// RemoteTech changes the antenna module, so change it in our config too to
// support RemoteTech installs. Borrowed from nightingale.
@CONTRACT_TYPE[KSidePyramid]:FOR[KerbinSideJobs]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
    @PARAMETER[VesselParameterGroup]
    {
        @PARAMETER[AntennaPart]
        {
            @partModule = ModuleRTAntenna
        }
    }
}

Change that to

// RemoteTech changes the antenna module, so change it in our config too to
// support RemoteTech installs. Borrowed from nightingale.
// @CONTRACT_TYPE[KSidePyramid]:FOR[KerbinSideJobs]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
// {
    // @PARAMETER[VesselParameterGroup]
    // {
        // @PARAMETER[AntennaPart]
        // {
            // @partModule = ModuleRTAntenna
        // }
    // }
//}

and Contract Configurator won't be trying to validate what I assume is currently broken RemoteTech modules.

8 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

That's CC and RemoteTech having a slap fight with Module Manager instigating it. Until they calm down calm down, you can just comment the MM code out of the relevant contract cfg.

The Downlink is disabled unless you turn it on.

Hmm. I'm almost certain I didn't have RemoteTech installed at the time. I wonder if there's a rogue MM cfg in my install.

37 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Hmm. I'm almost certain I didn't have RemoteTech installed at the time. I wonder if there's a rogue MM cfg in my install.

Quite possibly.  Maybe something has a :FOR[RemoteTech] patch which would be bad.

Just now, blowfish said:

Quite possibly.  Maybe something has a :FOR[RemoteTech] patch which would be bad.

Ah! I know exactly what I did, then. It's a personal modification cfg file. A little bit of knowledge...

7 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Ah! I know exactly what I did, then. It's a personal modification cfg file. A little bit of knowledge...

Right.  :FOR[RemoteTech] really tells ModuleManager two things: (1) That RemoteTech exists and (2) That this patch should be run in the RemoteTech pass.  It's a pretty common misconception.

Just now, blowfish said:

Right.  :FOR[RemoteTech] really tells ModuleManager two things: (1) That RemoteTech exists and (2) That this patch should be run in the RemoteTech pass.  It's a pretty common misconception.

If I qualify it like :NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FOR[RemoteTech], does that work, or do I need to refer to something else?

26 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

If I qualify it like :NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FOR[RemoteTech], does that work, or do I need to refer to something else?

Does it need to be in the RemoteTech pass?  Maybe put it :AFTER[RemoteTech] (which implicitly :NEEDS[RemoteTech])

If it's a personal patch and the pass doesn't matter then it can be :NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FINAL

Edited by blowfish

Hey there, I absolutely love this mod, but unfortunately my laptop doesn´t (kills my FPS around KSC). I would like to ask if there´s a way to disable on extra surroundings of the original KSC while having "KerbinSide Complete" installed? I am aware of part that can be installed independently, but I also want GAP contract pack which requies KerbinSide Complete, not just skyways (which is what I would install otherwise).

Edited by Wolfox

In the mod support section of the OP, I noticed all of the links to configs for other mods say "LINK MISSING". Does anyone know where I can track down configs for mechjeb and NavUtil support?

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Hey there, I absolutely love this mod, but unfortunately my laptop doesn´t (kills my FPS around KSC). I would like to ask if there´s a way to disable on extra surroundings of the original KSC while having "KerbinSide Complete" installed? I am aware of part that can be installed independently, but I also want GAP contract pack which requies KerbinSide Complete, not just skyways (which is what I would install otherwise).

Delete KSCUpgrades folder from GameData/KerbinSide/MainBases.

3 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

In the mod support section of the OP, I noticed all of the links to configs for other mods say "LINK MISSING". Does anyone know where I can track down configs for mechjeb and NavUtil support?

Aye, thanks to the forum update and I haven't gotten around to trawling the thread for the old posts. Sorry.

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

Aye, thanks to the forum update and I haven't gotten around to trawling the thread for the old posts. Sorry.

No Problem! Are they in this thread somewhere, or a different one? I did some searches on this topic with the likely keywords but nothing really came up.

14 hours ago, drhay53 said:

I think the latest NavUtilities .cfg was posted by @Keniamin on 16/03/05....

So @AlphaAsh ninja'd me on the link for the NavUtilities .cfg...

Here's a RemoteTech .cfg by @Eskandare thats kind of old, so I dont know if it needs updating or not:

EDIT:  Well, i HAD the MechJeb .cfg... But when I just opened it, it seems the file is corrupted... :(
So if someone can find THAT link, I would be most interested... :)

@drhay53, since the forum switch over, and the broken links issue, now anytime I save .cfgs that people post in threads, I always add a comment line at the top of the file, with short description, author, date posted, and now I paste in the post link from the "Share this post" button at the top right of the post... Easy, peasy, and helps organise and make sense of the tons of custom .cfgs I hoard, uh collect.... Also allows me to share the links and give attribution, since the original links are lost... :)

Here's an example:

//RemoteTech Ground Stations .cfg for KerbinSide, by Eskandare, 14/11/27, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/74776-112-kerbin-side-v109-supplements/&do=findComment&comment=1550986

GroundStations
{
	STATION

Edited by Stone Blue