[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

A good start - looking forward to seeing how this pans out!

You know this looks a whole lot like the SpaceX Dragon V2 capsule.
Did you read any of what he said in his post?

stanz250, if you had read the original post properly, you would have discerned that tygoo is aiming for a stock-a-like version of the Dragon V2 - he has explicitly stated this himself.

here is a suggestions for rover look... nice start ill be watching you!!! :D

http://comps.canstockphoto.com/can-stock-photo_csp16413918.jpg

That looks cool! That will definitely be on the list! :D

A good start - looking forward to seeing how this pans out!

stanz250, if you had read the original post properly, you would have discerned that tygoo is aiming for a stock-a-like version of the Dragon V2 - he has explicitly stated this himself.

Thanks and yes stanz250, I did state that this is pretty much a stock-a-like version of the Dragon V2. The texture is just a placeholder for now so I have some reference for texturing. :)

Really awesome start, tygoo! Can't wait to see it in game.

Do you plan to build the "opening" nose cone ala Dragon - or something more like the multi-door stock docking port? I vote for one similar to stock.

If it's an analogue of the Dragon I vote you make it 3.75m.

That is probably what I might do.

Really awesome start, tygoo! Can't wait to see it in game.

Do you plan to build the "opening" nose cone ala Dragon - or something more like the multi-door stock docking port? I vote for one similar to stock.

Yes I do. I am going to do something like the stock shroud one but it is only two pieces.

Okay, I got some good progress on the texturing (still needs a lot of work). I changed the windows to rectangles because IMO they look better with the stock style. I got the ladder and hatch on with some RCS thrusters (which are just place holders for now).

To Do:

-Texture thrusters

-Texture docking shroud

-Texture overall color (grey)

-Some effects on the texture

-Finish up diffuse

-Normal map

-Specular

Should the docking shroud be a separate part or just connected to the capsule?

Q3bv1eV.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright back with a texture update. I've been busy with other things and the Kerbin Cup.

I decided to go with using Squad's textures like Lack does for his mod. Luckily I am making faster progress. Right now I'm just experimenting with different textures and UV stuff but this is what I got right now. This is not the final texture.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Looks really good. Is there a reason you went with the clamshell nosecone? I'd have either gone with a single hinge, like the animation from spacex, or a triple hinge, like the stock shielded port.

I think that these should use as much actual stock parts as possible. If you're making a stockalike parts pack there's no use in making new parts that already exist as-is in the game. Maybe even just being compatible with other stockalike mods, because I don't want to have to delete things that are already in another mod.

Also, I think oval windows would look better.

Looks really good. Is there a reason you went with the clamshell nosecone? I'd have either gone with a single hinge, like the animation from spacex, or a triple hinge, like the stock shielded port.

Thanks. I went with the clamshell because I wanted to try something different but keep it like the stock one.

I think that these should use as much actual stock parts as possible. If you're making a stockalike parts pack there's no use in making new parts that already exist as-is in the game. Maybe even just being compatible with other stockalike mods, because I don't want to have to delete things that are already in another mod.

Also, I think oval windows would look better.

I'm a bit confused of which parts or mods are the same as this? I picked the rectangle ones because I didn't have good luck making the oval ones and also that it's not a full replica.

Alright back with a texture update. I've been busy with other things and the Kerbin Cup.

I decided to go with using Squad's textures like Lack does for his mod. Luckily I am making faster progress. Right now I'm just experimenting with different textures and UV stuff but this is what I got right now. This is not the final texture.

http://imgur.com/a/RWv6C

Looks pretty great to me so far!