[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

Models look great so far.  Looking forward to having this out and current again, I played with it when I first picked this game up around 0.90, and in the time since I've gotten much more into the realistic type stuff, so it'll be neat to play with this pack again under a different focus.  Keep up the great work! 

3 hours ago, Cuky said:

Looking good. Just on the F9 engines: will they be able to switch between 9-3-1 engine modes or just between 9 and 3?

Current version is 9 and 1, tho I don't think it's possible to switch between 3 modes as one action group.

11 hours ago, Cuky said:

Looking good. Just on the F9 engines: will they be able to switch between 9-3-1 engine modes or just between 9 and 3?

Right now it's 9 and 1. I don't think it's possible to have 3 modes with stock modules.

13 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Right now it's 9 and 1. I don't think it's possible to have 3 modes with stock modules.

Yeah, I haven't used the mod since upgrading to 1.2 so I forgot that it was 9 and 1 instead of 9 and 3. Thanks for your reply though :)

23 hours ago, KerbalMaster2016 said:

@tygoo7 is this mod updated for 1.2.2

Not yet, but it still works apparently

10 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

Can I ask why you painted a part of the main fuel tank black?

I thought it would looked cool. It also reminds me of how the real F9 kind of looks after landing.

Spotted a new update hmmm. Did some testing.. When the Authority Limiter is on 100 (the fins), the first stage starts spinning mentally when you try to land it. When I set it back to 0 it works just fine!

Spoiler

9fK6ueY.png
Mc3OEik.png
HVEzeGA.png

Anyway, thank you for this update!

For those wondering, it doesn't brake your save game, but it might kinda break your .craft files

Spoiler

GSK9mOU.png

Edited by damonvv

Horraay Tundra Exploration is back! :)

I tried to load couple of stock ships but it seems F9Legs & gridfin is missing from 0.9 release. Did i just tried to load some really old school ships here? :D

Edit: Nothing to see here and ignore this. I was just in slow mode and missing KRE

Spoiler

5ahn0aI.pnglLZFpAF.png

Edited by Murdox

2 minutes ago, Murdox said:

Horraay Tundra Exploration is back! :)

I tried to load couple of stock ships but it seems F9Legs & gridfin is missing from 0.9 release. Did i just tried to load some really old school ships here? :D

Reveal hidden contents

5ahn0aI.pnglLZFpAF.png

Yeah those are removed, you need KRE and the updated .craft file to get it right :wink: (From my understanding)

Edited by damonvv

Firstly, I would like to say I love this mod and the remodel of Dragon and Falcon look awesome! Great job!

However, I've noticed a small issue with the new Rodan command pod. When a kerbal is EVA and try to climb back in, they can't, there is no ladder to grab on to and using the EVA pack you cannot board the capsule through the hatch either. I'm not exactly sure what caused this but figured that it was good to see if this only happens for me.

Again, thank you for your awesome work!

1 hour ago, BananaTime101 said:

Awesome Update, Thanks a lot! Although I think I prefer the all white S1 instead of the black section :)

Same here. Perhaps make the texture switchable via Firespitter?

BTW, I understand that switching between 1-, 3- and 9-engine modes are not likely to happen, but would it be possible to have a patch for 3- and 9-engine switching?

Propulsive landing test.

15 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Sorry for the spam, but I just can't get enough of it!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you get that landing zone from? It's something I've always wanted at KSC and I have never seen a mod which adds one