[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

• 3 weeks later...
I hope this isn't dead, I think I'm looking forward to this more than I did KSO heh :)

Sorry for no update for a while. This is not dead. I've been having problems getting it in-game and busy with playing 0.24 and with real life. I'll start working on it again some time next week. :)

• 2 months later...
That's really quite nice! :cool:

Do you know if there are any collision / misc issues for parts place within the shroud?

Probably the mostly slick way I've seen of combined smooth nose + docking port

Thanks Beale! Sorry that this was kind of dead for a while. I've been really busy with school and IRL stuff. I might be able to get some time to start work on this again this weekend. I'm not sure if there are any collision issues because I haven't tried to get it in yet. Getting it into KSP using stock textures have been....not successful at all. :P

If it's an analogue of the Dragon I vote you make it 3.75m.

I'd vote 2.5m. The Apollo analogue of KSP (the Mk 1-2 capsule) is 2.5m, and real life Apollo was slightly bigger than Dragon V2 will be. Making it slightly less than 2.5m would be most realistic,but would break compatibility with pretty much every other part, so I'd say that 2.5m is the best option.

In the Apollo Capsule was place for 3 Astronauts, as like in the MK 1-2 Capsule.

The Dragon V2 is not bigger than the Apollo CM but due more advanced technique the Dragon has more room for People/Cargo.

I think the Tundra Capsule should be fine in 2.5m, even with 4 or 5 seats.

In the Apollo Capsule was place for 3 Astronauts, as like in the MK 1-2 Capsule.

The Dragon V2 is not bigger than the Apollo CM but due more advanced technique the Dragon has more room for People/Cargo.

I think the Tundra Capsule should be fine in 2.5m, even with 4 or 5 seats.

I agree here! (But I'm a bit biased towards cramming Kerbals)

The V2 looks a lot taller than the stock Mk1-2 pod, which already has a huge amount of empty space inside.

Thanks guys for the kind words! I got a few minutes of free time tonight. I'll have more free time to work on this more tomorrow. Should it be 3.75 or 2.5? I was originally planning 7 Kerbals but I could do like 4 or 5 and have it 2.5m.

A few minutes of progress of the trunk.

BJyCBoH.png

Looking great! But oval windows would symbolize more that it should be a Dragon V2-orientated capsule, because I think these windows are very important for a Dragon V2, even if it is not a replica.

I was originally planning oval windows but I couldn't get them to look right using squad textures. It's a bit too late to change since the windows are embedded into the model. I may consider that in the future but I'm not just doing the Dragon V2 for this mod. I'm also planning a launcher for it, rovers, and other stuff. :)

Should it be 3.75 or 2.5?
I think 2.5. For example the rescue Apollo would have seated five and was still packed with machinery in a way Dragon V2 doesn't seem to be so this could realistically seat six in 2.5 m size.

Looks very nice and fits well with the stock game! I love it.

I would've preferred a 3.75m version, but 2.5 is good I guess.

Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah I chose 2.5 for 4 or 5 kerbals. I'll continue work on the trunk and make an adapter tomorrow since it's getting late here. :)