[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

1 hour ago, 420ninja said:

cannot dock anything to the rodan capsule because the shroud only open 90 degrees, it need to move another 90 degrees to allow clearance for docking.

please please fix this

This is a pretty rude post. Adding please to what is a demand---already addressed in this dev thread, and dismissed---doesn't make it less rude.

If you don't like it, design something that it can actually dock to, like PMA-2:

1024px-STS-111_PMA-2_view.jpg

crewdragon_iss_approach.png

Edited by tater

On 24. 3. 2017 at 4:50 PM, 420ninja said:

cannot dock anything to the rodan capsule because the shroud only open 90 degrees, it need to move another 90 degrees to allow clearance for docking.

please please fix this

I don't know about you, but I have no problem with docking Rodan to the station. I'd suggest launching an adapter to the current docking port, like the one in CxA or HabTech, or simply design your own with an empty fuel tank. For some of us (at least for me), a 180°shroud would be much less convenient than a 90° one as it may hit parts like antennas during approach.

Even in an otherwise stock game, you can attach a docking port to a structural fuselage or a mono tank or something as a stand-off.

Edited by tater

On 25/03/2017 at 6:32 AM, tater said:

This is a pretty rude post. Adding please to what is a demand---already addressed in this dev thread, and dismissed---doesn't make it less rude.

If you don't like it, design something that it can actually dock to, like PMA-2

i was not trying to be rude, i was legitly concerned and most certainly not demanding anything,  just legit want the nose to open more, forgive me if i didnt scroll through pages and pages of comments to try and find the one comment your referring too.

Edited by sumghai
Removed unnecessary images from quoted section to keep post length readable

2 hours ago, Droogs said:

Is anyone else experiencing the bug where kerbals cannot enter the pod once leaving it?

Yeah, it was mentioned by @tygoo7 as a known issue upthread to be fixed next release I think.

It's a HUUUGE bummer that kerbals can't enter the pod again. This Dragon V2 is so perfect for my Mun landings and delivering kerbals to Mun Base but there's no way to return them back.

Edited by Nathanson

On 13-4-2017 at 7:35 PM, SpaceMouse said:

@tygoo7 Hey, i didn't see it mentioned but the current release appears to be lacking the landing legs and grid fins. FYI.

Awesome work though. This is now standard in my KSP. :D

You need KRE for the landing legs and grid fins :wink:

Alright I just released 0.9.2 on SpaceDock which should fix most of these issues.

I haven't really had time to work on this mod in the last few months so no new parts, yet. I've been busy with a new game I'm working on, school, and getting in shape since I joined the Army National Guard 2 months ago.

These last couple days I've been planning the Cargo Dragon revamp and then some and I all I can say is that it's going to be quite dank my friends. I'll release the update containing the new Cargo Dragon stuff before I tackle the big ol' ITS and BFR. 

I am having trouble getting the pre-built ships to load.  Says missing F9Leg and gridfin.  I have installed this using CKAN as well as the required mod Kerbal Reusability Expansion.  I've tried moving the parts folders from KRE into the Parts folder of the KSP install and this is not correcting the issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

huh, this therad has no "does it work in 1.3" question ?

YEEES it does - well apart from NearFuture which is packaged and crashes the game but after removing NF the rest of the parts seem to work :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...