weird bug with engine who don't produce trust.

Have an veird bug her, one of 8 LV-N only show a small flame and don't produce any trust.

xAdTkSe.png

Opposite engine is turned off to balance the lander.

Yes, it has fuel enough. nothing blocking and I have tried to restart the game.

Has anybody else run into this?

Very strange. I see you are using mods, but is that craft itself stock?

And is it consuming fuel at the same rate as the others? (Or at all?)

You may also want to ask Jeb about it. He's looking a bit maniacal in that picture.

Edited by Claw

The staging shows that it doesn't have fuel ... no idea why, but there's the what. Could we see the craft with better lighting and at a different angle, can't tell much about it there.

The staging shows that it doesn't have fuel ... no idea why, but there's the what. Could we see the craft with better lighting and at a different angle, can't tell much about it there.

It does have fuel, check the highlight engine in the staging stack. The one that's missing from the staging stack is the one the OP says is shutdown.

Valid point about the pictures though.

Very strange. I see you are using mods, but is that craft itself stock?

And is it consuming fuel at the same rate as the others? (Or at all?)

You may also want to ask Jeb about it. He's looking a bit maniacal in that picture.

Sorry, no better images as im at work now, image however show that fuel flow is 0.

Its an kethane and ore miner so it has a drill for each, a central ore tank, rcs, fuel tank kethane converter with service compartment and cabin on top, four orange side tanks with kethane tanks on tops.

Poodle under them and two 45 liter tanks on the side of the orange ones to mount the LV-N radially. Fuel flow from the 720 liter central tank to the orange and then to the radial 45 liters.

So anything who has to do with the engines and fuel is stock.

Even weirder I landed twice with this without any problems before its started to misbehave and this happened during the braking burn.

One more idea.

First, about that plume. If you bring an engine to minimum thrust and then shut it down completely, its plume will stay even though the engine is completely off.

Second, the gauge next to the engine is showing liquid fuel level but nothing is showing oxidizer level. If the engine has no access to oxidizer, it can't work.

If your engine ran out of oxidizer, it might be possible in the last frame it had only enough oxidizer available to produce minimum plume and then the engine went completely off. That could explain it.

So... check if your engine has access to oxidizer too.

I have had this issue.

I found it was related to fuel flow issues. The engine that is loosing power works at 50% or less thrust usually, but it has a fuel starvation issue at higher throttle settings. I would suggest using less engines or more fuel lines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.