I review: Garry's Mod!

Guest Fyre Flare

So I review my favorite game of all Time!...

n50blrx.png

An awesome game where you screw around and do anything!

I am reviewing this masterpiece, the Pros and Cons, The Fun and boringness.

Storeh:

No story... Just creativity. -0.5 point.

Gamepleh:

Creativity... Sandbox... FPS... Best hybrid ever. +6

There is specific gameplay for specific gamemodes...

I'll show the main ones:

Sandbox:

Probably the Gamemode you'll always play. The creative gamemode... Make stuph. Do stuph.

Trouble In Terrorist Town:

The one you'll always see Youtubers play... Here's the simple explanation: Innocent kill Traitor kill Detective

DarkRP or Dark Roleplay:

The most played gamemode and my personal favorite... Roleplay... But It is very Dark... as in evil, Cops, Criminals, Terrorists. Most fun!

Multiplaeh:

Generic Multiplayer. +4:

There is a reason I have all those gamemodes.

Voice Chat, Text Chat, Interact, Kill eachother.

Pros:

Fun.

Multiplayer.

Sandbox.

Creativity.

Gamemodes.

Roleplay Gamemode.

Ways to troll people.

The Good type of Glitchiness.

Cons:

The Bad type of Glitchiness.

Very bad Hax detection system.

Lots of 10 year olds.

Really easy to get troll'd.

9.5/10

Storyless + extensive modding = a gamemode with a story! I personally play a lot of Zombie Survival

From someone that have >30 GB of addons

With that many of addons we can do a lot of things, even creating our own 'gamemode' inside sandbox, like spawing a dragon from Skyrim NPC and possesing it, with someone else uses the 3D Maneuver Gear mod and kill it, or just mindlessly spawn Combine soldiers and some sort of HL1 aliens and watch them kill each other, or pose some characters from other games

Now someone needs to create a KSP addon for Gmod!

Edited by Aghanim

• 2 years later...
On 6/17/2014 at 9:23 PM, Aghanim said:

I agree Garry's Mod is fun but it is extremely flawed, but that was not always the case. I remember when people used garry's mod to make contraptions using Source props, nowadays it's seems to be the forte for annoyingly immature youtubers like (no offense) VenturianTale to spread their dreck, not to mention mounting custom content is a joke in this game, It has gone downhill since Garry Newman acquired most of the copyrights from Valve, and in doing so he removed some critical assets to the game leaving the possible content processing power to a fraction of what it was in the hands of Valve, but probably most shocking is the fact that It's so hard to find a decent map or addon that doesn't reek of being copied, or made by a person who is part of an Immature fanbase, but personally I like Garry's Mod it's just that It desperately needs to be brought up to speed when it comes to handling content, and also doing a better job at addon quality control. 

Garry's mod has been around for over 15 years. It originally was a mod for Half-Life, and was used for some wild game play during my DoD years (Day of Defeat).

Edit: The original DoD that is, pre-Source.

Edited by LordFerret

I remember playing Garry's mod when it first came out. It was A) free and B) only had one tiny map, gm_Sandbox, and it looked very different from how it looks today. The gui was rudimentary, you had no control of facial features... and I built the best things out of those giant log props. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.