Solar Panel Wings

JoePatrick1

Are you suffering from lag from high part count because of all those solar panels on your ion/electric plane?

Yes? Then fear no more!

This large set of wings has a huge solar panel on it generating up to 45 electric charge/second! (Not OP though because if you put static panels across the whole wing it would generate hundreds per second)

nfh9z7p.png

DOWNLOAD

Edited by JoePatrick1

Not quite sure what you mean by b9 compatible (as you can see in the pic - B9 is installed) but if by modular you mean like normal wings in KSP then yes - they will come fairly soon :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a big planes guy myself but this certainly looks way better than having 68 individual pannels stuck on. Good job :)

Thanks - I also wasn't until I downloaded KAX (where the turboprops came from) and then as I run KSP on a pretty low-end laptop I needed something to get the power without killing my pc :)

actually though if you're going to allow FAR use better break it down into smaller wing parts. Otherwise that angled section of the wing won't be modeled. FAR will just treat it as a straight wing (as I understand things). Smaller wing parts would be better anyways since it could allow people to use something like Infernal Robotics to fold up the wing to ship it off to Eve or Laythe - or maybe even Duna if the craft could be built light enough

• 1 month later...
I'm a noob. I just down loaded your mod. How do I install it? It doesn't seem to have a game data folder like the others. Where should I be copying it so I don't screw every thing up? Instructions?

Lee

Yep, just copy this into the game data folder

Nope, the lift rating needs a serious overhaul. gonna tinker around and see what I can come up.

EDIT: Setting the line deflectionLiftCoeff = 48 has proven to be reasonable. It was 1.6 before, which is identical to the AV-R8 winglets.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.