Devnote Tuesdays: The Temporary "First Contract Edition" Thread

SQUAD

I still don't really understand why there's always a delay... Can't it just be posted normally?

I actually thought that Rowsdower would just post it

Seem odd that an automated system pushing to kerbaldevteam, /r/KerbalSpaceProgram and The Daily Kerbal would or should be slower than Rowser just manually making the posts?

I actually thought that Rowsdower would just post it

Seem odd that an automated system pushing to kerbaldevteam, /r/KerbalSpaceProgram and The Daily Kerbal would or should be slower than Rowser just manually making the posts?

Well the system only pushes from Tumblr to the forum. Nowhere else. As for why the delay's happening right now? I don't have an answer for that. It used to be like this on the norm for a while until the ship righted itself again. If you want to copy/paste the notes in here as a stopgap, then go ahead. I'm going to close this thread after the notes end up getting pushed through to the forum, just so all discussion will be organized.

I already did it for Tang's /r/KerbalSpaceProgram thread (someone always asks because tumblr is blocked at work or something)

Which is also strange since I submitted a self post there right after the Tumblr post went public. I wonder if it somehow got caught in the moderation net.

Which is also strange since I submitted a self post there right after the Tumblr post went public. I wonder if it somehow got caught in the moderation net.

I searched under /u/RowsdowerKSP after you said you posted it in case I'd missed it somewhere and the last post was for challenge #3

Oh well, it's in the new list now though

Felipe (HarvesteR): EDITOR’S NOTE - He’s been busy in the development cave after taking note of the testing feedback. We hope to have comment on him later on.

Alex (aLeXmOrA): Last week we had a meeting here at the office for new accounting process. Finally, I solved the billing issues with our hosting and now I can continue with the new part sounds implementation.

Mike (Mu): The week has been full of experimental testing, bug fixing and moving on to balancing the new systems.

Daniel (danRosas): Almost there… fully rendered, full into post. We just heard the voices of the kerbal in the way they were recorded, and I am having such a great time with what the voice actor is saying.

Jim (Romfarer): This week has been all about experimental bug fixing and gui overhauls. Most of the effort was spent on the latter, which is a good thing because it means the systems i have implemented are stable. I also got time to update the RCS module code. The stock version can now handle multiple fuel sources, fully backwards compatible and all the “shabangâ€Â. Look out for Hugo’s new RCS module.

Miguel (Maxmaps): Been organizing the pre-release videos and eventual streaming content. Trying to work it out better timing-wise this time. Also been playing the update on my free time, I’m crazy proud of how this one’s coming out. Also taking breaks every now and then to quietly stare into the distance after the game vs Holland in the world cup.

Bob (Calisker): Seriously, you guys rock. We had more than 8,000 responses to the survey and ultimately the entire team fell in love with a write-in option. Here’s a link to our “work-in-progress†(but probably just about finished) logo for the next update: http://goo.gl/LBvnBG. This concept was discussed on the forums, attached to surveys and quickly stood out as a great way to highlight the big-time nature of this exciting update. The Kerbin Cup video by Nassault went over really well and we saw some gaming media cover it, including GameSpot and Shacknews. Now we’re getting ready for the next update to get out Experimentals and I’ve already seen one of the videos on the Experimental side. Personally, I can’t wait to dig in and play it once it’s live.

Ted (Ted): This past week has been a very busy one. In Experimentals we’ve tracked down some dastardly issues that plagued the builds and the Devs have fixed them up nicely, as well as noting down feedback about the finer points of contracts. Now that the major issues are seemingly gone, we’ve moved on to prioritizing balancing out the rewards the player will receive for completing or failing contracts, taking into account the feedback from the past week. This is quite the mammoth task for us to do, so we’re approaching with as clear a field as possible in terms of remaining bugs and thankfully, the critical bugs don’t look to be coming back *knock on wood*.

In QA we’ve been testing out the features that Marco and Hugo have been working on respectively. They’re both going through QA pretty well, with bugs here and there but nothing either of them can’t patch up.

Finally, after a week in Experimentals, the feedback for the improvements that were made from putting 0.24 through some further development and QA is fantastic. It seems to be positive feedback all around when it comes to the changes, which leaves us all very pleased.

Anthony (Rowsdower): I can’t quite compete with what Ted had to say, lol. The Kerbin Cup is going well on all fronts. I’ve been debuting a few KSP company LOGOS each day. I’ve been trying to figure out some meetup ideas in hopes that I can make something come to fruition. I’ve also got a question for you Twitch viewers out there. Are there other streamers not currently on the channel that you think would be a good fit for KSP-TV?

Eduardo (Lalo): Following up the Experimentals and the tasks of each one in order to have the release ASAP.

Rogelio (Roger): Very sad because Mexico’s elimination from the World Cup, but I’m also happy because we almost finish our first video as a team and my first video as a KSP team. Dan and I have been doing some VFX and edition and laughing about kerbal’s voices. We’ve have had so much fun.

Hugo (The Intern): I’m excited for the new release. I’ve been working on fixing the bugs of my features with some help from Jim. It’s been great to see the way everything has been developing and it sure looks like the remaining bugs will be easy fixes. Other than that i’ve been working on the enhancement of several already existing pieces and as miguel said taking a few minutes to blankly stare at the wall and internally weep for Mexico’s match against the Netherlands.

*sounds of Rowsdower reprogramming a computer with a large axe in the background*

:P

Jim (Romfarer): This week has been all about experimental bug fixing and gui overhauls. Most of the effort was spent on the latter, which is a good thing because it means the systems i have implemented are stable. I also got time to update the RCS module code. The stock version can now handle multiple fuel sources, fully backwards compatible and all the “shabangâ€Â. Look out for Hugo’s new RCS module.

Does Will this mean we can tie emissives and the new particle system ModuleFX exhausts to the RCS system now (or is it something systematic like; can do roll now)?

Because being able to have RCS thrusters glow red hot and change the way their thrust looks would be great.

Edited by NoMrBond

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.