[1.1.3] MunSeeker Mk1 Greenhouse (TAC Life Support add-on)

munseeker

• 1 month later...
On May 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM, seamus2849 said:

Hey Munseeker!  Are you still active on here? Or does anyone know if somebody else has picked up development of this mod?

Hi seamus2849, I haven't tested the Greenhouse against the latest reboot of TAC LS, but it most likely still works. I'm going to take a look this weekend to see if it still works and will post here what I find.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 8:46 PM, munseeker said:

Hi seamus2849, I haven't tested the Greenhouse against the latest reboot of TAC LS, but it most likely still works. I'm going to take a look this weekend to see if it still works and will post here what I find.

I'm running KSP 1.1.2, but I did a little bit of testing on the launchpad and this appears to be working just fine.

Any chance of getting this mod on CKAN?

Also, I seem to remember there being a 1.25m greenhouse module, but it's not included in this. Was that removed, or was it something I dug up somewhere else?

Edited by Khatharr

8 hours ago, Khatharr said:

I'm running KSP 1.1.2, but I did a little bit of testing on the launchpad and this appears to be working just fine.

Any chance of getting this mod on CKAN?

Also, I seem to remember there being a 1.25m greenhouse module, but it's not included in this. Was that removed, or was it something I dug up somewhere else?

Thanks for testing - yes it worked, but now in 1.1.3 TAC is inoperable. We should get a new compile of TAC LS and day now and the Greenhouse should work with the new version as before.

Re CKAN - I'm going to have to look how that works, if it's easy, yes.

Re the 1.25m Greenhouse: I was using a stock model for that, but couldn't get it to work during the switch to KSP 1.0. I had very little time lately to try and fix that... :-(

On 6/27/2016 at 8:39 PM, munseeker said:

Thanks for testing - yes it worked, but now in 1.1.3 TAC is inoperable. We should get a new compile of TAC LS and day now and the Greenhouse should work with the new version as before.

Re CKAN - I'm going to have to look how that works, if it's easy, yes.

Re the 1.25m Greenhouse: I was using a stock model for that, but couldn't get it to work during the switch to KSP 1.0. I had very little time lately to try and fix that... :-(

No worries. Thanks for the info and the cool mod. :)

On 6/27/2016 at 11:39 PM, munseeker said:

but now in 1.1.3 TAC is inoperable

What's it doing to make it inoperable? I've not ran into any problems using TAC LS, even with my MM configs on old 1.0.5 parts that I use for recycling. Even my food processing module that I added to TAC LS from 1.0.5 appears to work. *shrugs*... mystery

12 minutes ago, ComatoseJedi said:

What's it doing to make it inoperable? I've not ran into any problems using TAC LS, even with my MM configs on old 1.0.5 parts that I use for recycling. Even my food processing module that I added to TAC LS from 1.0.5 appears to work. *shrugs*... mystery

The new owner of the TAC LS mod has been very busy in RL and had no time yet to recompile TAC LS for 1.1.3 - it throws errors during launch and does not calculate any of the resources during play. He'll update the mod eventually and then my Greenhouse should automatically work as before. :)

43 minutes ago, munseeker said:

The new owner of the TAC LS mod has been very busy in RL and had no time yet to recompile TAC LS for 1.1.3 - it throws errors during launch and does not calculate any of the resources during play. He'll update the mod eventually and then my Greenhouse should automatically work as before. :)

whispers blasphemously: convert to stockkkkkkkkkkk:P

Could just be a patch..otherwise, you're held hostage, which is no bueno. This way you could even jump over to USI supplies if you feel the itch.

Just a thought.:wink:

19 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

whispers blasphemously: convert to stockkkkkkkkkkk:P

Could just be a patch..otherwise, you're held hostage, which is no bueno. This way you could even jump over to USI supplies if you feel the itch.

Just a thought.:wink:

My greenhouse has been created specifically for TAC LS - it can not be converted to stock since it would have no functionality without the TAC LS resource management.

3 hours ago, munseeker said:

My greenhouse has been created specifically for TAC LS - it can not be converted to stock since it would have no functionality without the TAC LS resource management.

I've looked through the config a while back and it's mainly a tacls converter, yeah? Or do you mean what good is a greenhouse that outputs food, if you don't have a mod that uses it? That's a fair point I hadn't considered actually, but thinking about it now....Kerbalism uses food and oxygen.

I get the impression from the wording of your response that we might be "two ships passing in the night" on this issue, so I'll cut the rest of this short.

Have a nice day.:)

On 01.07.2016 at 6:59 AM, munseeker said:

d's it work with community TAC-LS 1.1.3 fix .dll ? 

5 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

d's it work with community TAC-LS 1.1.3 fix .dll ? 

I tried last night, but I'm having trouble with the 1.1.3 fix itself. All the solar panels generate no electricity, which is a problem for the power-hungry greenhouse. :/ 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Reviving this because I wanted to see if I could get this greenhouse working in a 1.3 game.  I've just returned to playing KSP after a while and I have a bunch of ships with this greenhouse attached and I'm not in the mood to dig through the persistence file and replace them.

Here is a ModuleManager CFG that will make this greenhouse work fine in 1.3....as far as I can tell.  There appear to be two issues that caused it to not function in 1.3:

1) Attempting to re-texture the cupola causes the model to not appear.  Not sure why, I tried several different ways to replace the texture but nothing worked.  Someone with a better understanding of the texture settings might have better luck.  In the meantime I've just left the cupola with the standard texturing by just deleting the TEXTURE field.

2) The INPUTRESOURCE and OUTPUTRESOURCE is no longer the proper terminology for TACLS, using separate INPUT_RESOURCE and OUTPUT_RESOURCE nodes is the new format, so I replaced all those into new MODULES.

Make sure you have ModuleManager installed!  Create a new text document in the GameData folder and name it MM_MUNSEEKER.CFG.  Open the file and copy/paste the following code.  Next time KSP loads you should have a working greenhouse.

// removes the texture entry which breaks the model for some reason
// changes the TacGenericConverter to use the new format
// updates the usage and production rates for inputs and outputs
// changes oxygen, water and food production rates

@PART[MunSeeker_Greenhouse_Mk1]
{
	@MODEL
	{
		!texture = delete
	}

@description = A greenhouse designed for TAC life support. Converts Electricity (a lot), Waste, Carbon Dioxide and 

Wastewater to Food. In addition the plants supply Oxygen and Water.  There is some loss in this process, so the crew will 

still need to be supplied. One greenhouse uses 100% of the waste products of 3 Kerbals and supplies them with 20% Oxygen, 50% 

Water and 90% Food of their total needs.

@MODULE[TacGenericConverter]
	{
		!inputresources = DELETE
		!outputresources = DELETE

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = .45
		}

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = CarbonDioxide
			Ratio = 0.00444038669628	//CO2ProductionRate = 0.00148012889876 * 3
		}

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = WasteWater
			Ratio = 0.000042743055555	//WasteWaterProductionRate = 1.4247685185E-05 * 3
		}

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Waste
			Ratio = 0.000004618055556	//WasteProductionRate = 1.539351852E-06 * 3
		}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Oxygen
			Ratio = 0.001028122537431	//OxygenConsumptionRate = (0.001713537562385 * .20) * 3
			DumpExcess = false
		}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Water
			Ratio = 0.000016782118056	//WaterConsumptionRate = (1.1188078704E-05 * .50) * 3
			DumpExcess = false
		}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Food
			Ratio = 0.0000457031249991	//FoodConsumptionRate = (1.6927083333E-05 * .90) * 3
			DumpExcess = false
		}
	}
}

Items to address:

1) It appears I do not have the ratios correct because when the converter is running the Water, Oxygen and Food values rise...even in a ship with 3 Kerbals.  This should not be happening.  I have used the production and consumption rates straight out of the TACLS config file (ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\LifeSupport.cfg) so I'm not sure what I did wrong.  Anyone want to have a look at my numbers, be my guest.

2) I changed the values so that the greenhouse supplies 90% of the food required for 3 Kerbals, rather than the original 70%.  This makes long-term self-sustainability a bit easier.  But I dropped the Oxygen and Water rates a bit in exchange.  If there are reasons to change these it is easy enough to alter the MM config file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.