[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

@RoverDude, I'd like to make a part suggestion for DERP. A radial battery pack that can clip onto the DERP structural frames. I was thinking about 40e with the mdoel being two of the batteries from the solar panel / fuel cell parts in an array... either that or the kerbal equivalent of a 9v battery and a cable connector...?

53 minutes ago, WintericeUK said:

@RoverDude, I'd like to make a part suggestion for DERP. A radial battery pack that can clip onto the DERP structural frames. I was thinking about 40e with the mdoel being two of the batteries from the solar panel / fuel cell parts in an array... either that or the kerbal equivalent of a 9v battery and a cable connector...?

SoundingRockets has a 20EC radial battery you may like

4 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

SoundingRockets has a 20EC radial battery you may like

Sounding Rockets is what gave me the idea for something that would fit in neatly alongside both DERP and Sounding Rockets. I love using SR and DERP to build my CSM internals in the stock Service Bay. Two DERP structurals stack nicely in there and that then takes my monoprop, supply bags and small experiments, plus a DERP monoprop tank and a fuel cell and a stock 200e battery (offset inside a DERP Structure ring). >.> tbh I love every RoverDude mod...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I recently got some time to spend in KSP and continue my little carreer.

I encounterede a little bug with the pack that might need your help to fix. The DERP service ring landing leg seems to act on their own. When I try to deploy, they don't lock open and the deploying animation is on a loop. It happens inside VAB but also on the launchpad.

Does anybody knows any sort of fix, or should I provide more info? 

thanks 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, martiplay28yt said:

invalid link

can someone post a valid one?

Hmm... I think that link was supposed to lead here: https://bobpalmer.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/. This is the USI catalogue page. If you ever need to find it, Googling "Umbra Space Industries" is a pretty surefire way to find it.

I'll be honest, I pretty much exclusively Google "Bob Palmer github" whenever I need to download something of RoverDude's, then just select the appropriate repository.

Uhh... Can someone help me? I think i installed it right, but it doesnt work. The parts just dont show up.  I didnt play ksp for a while so maybe i forgot how to mod or its just broken. Or maybe its a mod conflict... I have no idea what is wrong. 

Edited by FRESH71

6 minutes ago, FRESH71 said:

Uhh... Can someone help me? I think i installed it right, but it doesnt work. The parts just dont show up.  I didnt play ksp for a while so maybe i forgot how to mod or its just broken. Or maybe its a mod conflict... I have no idea what is wrong. 

Pics of your GameData folder?  That'll give us something to work with.

7 minutes ago, FRESH71 said:

Help us help you.

• what version of KSP are you using?
  • did you install through the CKAN or manually?
  • was it installed correctly? (post a pic of your GameData folder)
  • what other mods do you have installed?
  • explain more clearly what you mean by "the parts just dont show up"
    • are you playing career or sandbox?

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Pics of your GameData folder?  That'll give us something to work with.

Im using 1.2.2 i installed manually.  Im playing on sandbox. The parts just are not there. Maybe i installed it wrong. But i remember that every usi mod worked after just dropping it into the game data folder... But it was in 1.1 or even earlier...

Bez_tytu_u.png

1 minute ago, FRESH71 said:

Im using 1.2.2 i installed manually.  Im playing on sandbox. The parts just are not there. Maybe i installed it wrong. But i remember that every usi mod worked after just dropping it into the game data folder... But it was in 1.1 or even earlier...

Bez_tytu_u.png

The folders Firespitter, 000_USITools, UmbraSpaceIndustries, and CommunityResourcePack need to be inside of the GameData folder.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
I forgot about USITools

Uhhh.... i dropped them into game data before... How the hell did those files end up here!? Give me a second. This is getting weird...

eem. they are in game data too... i dont even know how they ended up in the main folder. https://postimg.org/image/etm40r8on/ thats the ACTUAL game data folder...

i swear i did put it in gamedata folder before.... It works now... Umm... Thanks?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

i really like the Airbag and Floating Tanks of this pack. And while the DERP is also well made i'd like to remove its Parts to reduce my loading time.

Would it be enough to delete the DERP2 folder or should i make any other changes?

Greetings Sinza

On 07/02/2017 at 9:35 PM, Sinza said:

Hello everyone,

i really like the Airbag and Floating Tanks of this pack. And while the DERP is also well made i'd like to remove its Parts to reduce my loading time.

Would it be enough to delete the DERP2 folder or should i make any other changes?

Greetings Sinza

Just delete the parts you don't want, DERP2 is pretty much standalone. Either that, or use this mod, altclick on the desired part in the VAB and click "block all" which will prevent it from being loaded until you unblock it, without deleting the part entirely.

On 10.2.2017 at 5:31 PM, voicey99 said:

Just delete the parts you don't want, DERP2 is pretty much standalone. Either that, or use this mod, altclick on the desired part in the VAB and click "block all" which will prevent it from being loaded until you unblock it, without deleting the part entirely.

Hey voicey99,

thank you for your answer! Janitor's Closet seems to be very helpful, i'll give it a try.

I'm having an issue with the radial airbags from this mod and the more recent versions of USI tools. I've tested it with both version 8.12 which is bundled in Konstruction and 8.15 which is the latest version. As I have successfully reproduced the issue with only the two aforementioned mods installed I'm certain the issue stems from an issue between the two mods.

The actual problem that I'm seeing is that when I place the radial airbags on an airplane and try to take off, once it starts to speed up (actual velocity seems to vary) there's a massive Gforce spike and the speed suddenly drops to single digits. It occurs regularly on full throttle like a heartbeat. Once I actually take to the air, there's no issue as it only occurs when I'm trying to pick up speed along the surface. It happens with any size radial airbag. The location of the radial airbag on the plane doesn't seem to matter.

Should I roll back to the older version of USI tools, or should I wait for an update? Thanks for all your hard work on your great mods.

Edited by blennus

Just now, RoverDude said:

this has been merged into Exploration Pack, which is already 1.2.2 compatible.

(Might as well have the mods close off this thread since this mod has been merged)

Oh okay, perfect. Sorry I missed that, I have never used that particular USI mod before. It looks like it comes with the packrat rover and the advanced extravehicular suit too, not just the DERP stuff?