Kerbal Movie

Gero

Hello,

I've made this short movie; actually it was for school, but I decided to upload it too...

I hope you enjoy and I would be glad, if you give me some feedback!

Gero

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english...

Well, best first post on the forum I ever saw :)

I'd say the animations are quite rough, but I can't animate anything in 3d, so I have no clue how hard it would be to do better.

Solid job, thanks for the no doubt hard work you put into this!

Thanks everybody for the compliments!

@Schmonzo

Yeah, the animations are quite weird, but I'll keep working on it, so maybe I'll be better sometime :D

Edited by Gero

I liked almost everything - the originality, an interstellar mission, the news, the cat, everything save the science. Things, little things, like the Kerbish astronomer seeing an extrasolar planet in such detail with his tiny telescope, let alone seeing other planets with great detail using that tiny thing. Especially when Earth's best telescopes, which are bigger, sometimes in space, higher, and... bigger, but they can't even magnify an extrasolar planet to a quarter of that size. Not without an interplanetary space telescope using the sun as a gravity lens. Besides, about that rocket... Although it MIGHT have the power to get an escape trajectory, it would take tens of thousands of years to reach it's destination. I'm sure our claustrophobic Astronaut would be bored out of his mind in a capsule that he is taller than. Sorry, I'm science obsessed.

Guest Fyre Flare

Ow!! MY EYES!!! It burns!!!

Holy crap... Such inaccurate! I don't mean to be a negative nancy but nothing here is accurate.

How did the random nerd-kerbal magically make the Wernher Von Kerman Clone go flying after he almost bumped into him?

Why would they immediately send a Manned Mission to Earth after realizing It exists?

How did a Mun Rocket make a mission to a Star that is definitely more than 23 million Light years away?

How did 10 buck telescope see Earth like that... We can't even know crap exists without using Telescopes in space?

Why would Kerbal spend 2 minutes on Earth?

How did Kerbal land in random guy's back yard?

How did 909s land him that perfectly!?

Ow!! MY EYES!!! It burns!!!

Holy crap... Such inaccurate! I don't mean to be a negative nancy but nothing here is accurate.

How did the random nerd-kerbal magically make the Wernher Von Kerman Clone go flying after he almost bumped into him?

Why would they immediately send a Manned Mission to Earth after realizing It exists?

How did a Mun Rocket make a mission to a Star that is definitely more than 23 million Light years away?

How did 10 buck telescope see Earth like that... We can't even know crap exists without using Telescopes in space?

Why would Kerbal spend 2 minutes on Earth?

How did Kerbal land in random guy's back yard?

How did 909s land him that perfectly!?

If you think this is so bad why don't you make something better this is much better than what i can do and i think its cool well done gero

Guest Fyre Flare
If you think this is so bad why don't you make something better this is much better than what i can do and i think its cool well done gero

Don't get me wrong, But I was criticizing how inaccurate It was... The animation is good.

Don't get me wrong, But I was criticizing how inaccurate It was... The animation is good.

My next question to you do you enjoy sci fi movies? Cause if you do 99% of them are really inaccurate for example.

Star Wars your ship in space acts like a plane.

If I seem to be mean I'm not trying to be but I understand your giving constructive criticism but with what you're saying can really make someone upset and depressed in the future when you give constructive criticism be nice about and advise people on how to make it more accurate. e.g. your story you I've read it, it would be easier to read with darker colours on the names instead of really bright ones it makes it easier to read.

@Flyre Flare

Yeah you're right, it's not really realism; but I didn't tried to make it really realistic, all I wanted to make was to entertain ....

maybe I make a second part or something like that, and maybe it will be more realistic

@BriXman

He tell us next week our grade

Really good job! The animation could have been a bit better in my opinion, but other than that I really liked it. I love stuff where Kerbals interact with the real world. I'm curious of what program you used to make this?

I'm curious of what program you used to make this?

I used Blender for 3d animation, rigging, ....; Adobe After Effects for a few masks and Adobe Premiere for cutting (I hope this is the right word ^^)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent work, as a seasoned vet of 3d programs like 3dsMax, Mudbox etc I know how much work is involved in a project like this.

even small animation take a lot when only one person is working on the project.

Don't take to heart comments about it not being perfect, your work shows great promise and 75% of the work in an animation is learning the program

You have a bright future in the industry if you want to go into the CGI field.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.