Looking for a few models to use with my plugins.

dodrian

I enjoy programming, but know squat about 3D modelling. I\'m looking to partner with someone who enjoys 3D modelling, but knows bupkis about coding.

I\'m looking for a few \'computery\' models to distribute with my plugins (currently only a landing assistant, but hoping to make a few more). I want one along the lines of an ASAS, but much smaller, and possibly also alternative models for attaching atop the capsule, and one for attaching radially.

Would anyone like to partner with me in this?

I\'m looking for three relatively simple models.

One to attach on top of the command module (just like a parachute), one to put beneath the command module (like ASAS, but much much smaller), and one to attach to the side of a fuel tank, (like an RCS thruster). They should look like they contain a computer, so maybe an exposed circuit board, or some LEDs, or maybe a button or two.

I\'d be happy to start with any one of those :-)

I\'d love to help out. I\'m not the best at modelling yet, but I\'m working there. I do enjoy texturing though.

One word of caution: Radially attached (stock) SAS modules cause funky behavior. Using any type of symmetry causes them to cancel out each other, but they still apply rotational force.

What ends up happening is that if you try to tilt, pitch, or yaw, you\'re craft will start wildly spinning. It\'s very interesting and perhaps could serve a purpose. It was the very first thing I tried to do with modules.

Those are stock SAS modules though, perhaps coding it differently will change the effects.

Just thought I\'d give you a headsup on that

I\'d love to help out. I\'m not the best at modelling yet, but I\'m working there. I do enjoy texturing though.

One word of caution: Radially attached (stock) SAS modules cause funky behavior. Using any type of symmetry causes them to cancel out each other, but they still apply rotational force.

What ends up happening is that if you try to tilt, pitch, or yaw, you\'re craft will start wildly spinning. It\'s very interesting and perhaps could serve a purpose. It was the very first thing I tried to do with modules.

Those are stock SAS modules though, perhaps coding it differently will change the effects.

Just thought I\'d give you a headsup on that

Well, if you model some parts you want to share, post them here (or message me) and I\'d love to include them with my plugins :-)

Thanks for the warning, but I don\'t think it\'ll be a problem. Mine is more like ASAS, the part itself doesn\'t apply any torque to the vessel, it simply takes over the user controls. I stuck the code in with a set of landing legs, and it seemed to work fine when they were radially attached!

Ah okay. When I first attached them I was like 'This. Shall be epic.'

Then my ship spun radically out of control and I had to run to the bathroom ASAP before I peed myself from laughter.

Something about totally unexpected horrific failures hits the funny bone in me.

I\'ll see what I can do though. I have a few midterms coming up, but they should be easy and I enjoy modeling so far :P

Any ideas on how you\'d like this to fit in? Like do you plan for this just to work with Stock parts or are you planning for this to be part of a grand custom rocket?

Well heck, why cut up the market share?

It would probably make more sense to start with a Stock based model, but also make different models for various ships as the plugin grows.

Any ideas on how you\'d like this to fit in? Like do you plan for this just to work with Stock parts or are you planning for this to be part of a grand custom rocket?

Well heck, why cut up the market share?

It would probably make more sense to start with a Stock based model, but also make different models for various ships as the plugin grows.

Things that fit in with stock parts, so, something like the ASAS (but much thinner), or something like a custom nosecone for the stock capsule.

Things that fit in with stock parts, so, something like the ASAS (but much thinner), or something like a custom nosecone for the stock capsule.

Sweet, that\'s exactly what I had my mind on.

I had something I was working on, but it was getting too asymmetrical for me to love it anymore.

Sure it was only off by .001 on each side, but that\'s .001 away from my perfect baby.

Edit: I think I\'ll have something done around Friday night or Saturday. Next two days I have exams, so I\'ll be busy :P

I\'ve been mentally plotting ideas though. I have one drawn out on my white board as well which I\'m 95% sure is what I\'ll end up doing.

It\'s similar in design to the Stock Decoupler, except thinner and the texture will be different of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.