[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

The Space Man, I haven't tested your guided bomb yet. Has it worked out fine? In my experiments with using MissileLauncher with 0 thrust as guided bomb, they have always fallen short since they try to point directly at the target without accounting for gravity.

sumghai, it all sounds good! I just need to figure out how to get it all to work. I think the IR type stuff is going to be the only hard part but.. it's pretty hard. Your help on modelling would by quite appreciated as well.

Thanks for the icons, I'll give 'em a try.

Edited by BahamutoD

For anyone who needs MOAR shells:

Originally for personal use, I made a 120mm AmmoBox texture&config exactly copying the style of the other boxes to the pixel:

http://www./download/h01ajd91p3lk85g/BDArmory_120mm_AmmoBox.zip

It's as big as the 30mm box, but has a dark yellow stripe and contains 40 120mm shells, so it's quite heavy.

Permission for distribution was given by BahamutoD.

Okay, field reports time!

-Single 120mm cannon shells are more than capable of wrecking the dishes at the Tracking Station with a single hit. A sustained burst from the Goalkeeper can do the same.

-The VAB is REALLY tough. I dumped two whole Hydra pods into it in very short order. It just shrugged it off!

-I've also hit it with the CBUs... No dice. Same thing with the SPH. It takes 2.5 CBUs per structure, but you can take them out.

-A pair of cluster bombs can wipe out the Astronaut Office.

-A single HEKV can wipe out the Administration building... even when not directly attacking it. (Placed a rover right alongside it and let fly. Boom.)

-CBU are a hoot. They'll cheerfully wipe out your R&D center in a single pass. :D

Edited by MaverickSawyer

Does anyone know if v0.6.0 work in .24.2? I still need ATM and firespitter to be updated before i can make the switch over to .25.

@BD

I did give the jdam bomb a thrust of 5 and cruise thrust of 2.5. For me i've yet to see the jdam miss a target :)

Btw, did you manage to squash the bug where the weapon system armed message would stay on screen?

BigNose and Acea, thanks, I put links to your posts on the OP.

The Space Man, what happens if you try launching it at say, a flying target?

I got rid of that 'armed' message completely and put it in the toolbar window, which only shows info for the vessel you're controlling.

BahamutoD, can I request a smallish feature if and when you add tweakable explosives? If it were possible to set the explosive off with an action group that would greatly increase the possibilities, for instance using kOS.

BigNose and Acea, thanks, I put links to your posts on the OP.

The Space Man, what happens if you try launching it at say, a flying target?

I got rid of that 'armed' message completely and put it in the toolbar window, which only shows info for the vessel you're controlling.

I have to admit, i haven't tried that yet. I'm not entirely sure how i'd manage it actually :confused: I'd have to fly at the right distance above an already flying target, way way beyond my flying skills :D Aren't jdam guided bombs meant for ground targets anyway?

Is there any way to enable cruise speed for HEKV1? Is it not working because it has RCS control enabled?

Edit: Tried using modified HKEV1 with burn time of 120s to hit targets at distance of 30-40km in orbit, but it failed to hit them. Missed by 300m. Any way to make it more accurate?

And too high angular velocity will overpower this RCS thrusters at ease.

Edit2: Missiles seems to do just fine when using extender physics range. But bullets disappear after fixed distance, no matter what physics range is currently set.

Edited by DeepOdyssey

Wait, you can carry missiles... So you can fire them from a kerbal back, right? Awesome!

In fact I've tried it in the test…Poor Jeb

By the way I'll add support for all ammo boxes later.Hydras are too heavy to carry…looking for a solution.

Edited by Acea

BahamutoD, can I request a smallish feature if and when you add tweakable explosives? If it were possible to set the explosive off with an action group that would greatly increase the possibilities, for instance using kOS.

Sure.

I have to admit, i haven't tried that yet. I'm not entirely sure how i'd manage it actually :confused: I'd have to fly at the right distance above an already flying target, way way beyond my flying skills :D Aren't jdam guided bombs meant for ground targets anyway?

I'm just wondering - whats to stop them from acting just like homing missiles, flying upwards even?

Bug report: after firing cluster bombs and them exploding, my engines go silent. Only by turning them off and on again I start hearing the sound once more.

It might be a Unity thing... If there are a lot of sounds playing at once (each submunition has a pop), other sounds get muted. I'll try to find a workaround.

Is there any way to enable cruise speed for HEKV1? Is it not working because it has RCS control enabled?

Edit: Tried using modified HKEV1 with burn time of 120s to hit targets at distance of 30-40km in orbit, but it failed to hit them. Missed by 300m. Any way to make it more accurate?

And too high angular velocity will overpower this RCS thrusters at ease.

Edit2: Missiles seems to do just fine when using extender physics range. But bullets disappear after fixed distance, no matter what physics range is currently set.

I disabled cruise for RCS missiles for balance reasons - they can work in space, so I wanted to take something away from them in return. Right now though, they have infinite fuel which is another thing I need to think about..

I haven't even tried shooting things from that distance.

Thanks for reminding me about the bullet lifetime though, it was previously set to 10 seconds waay back in the initial release. I'll change it to not disappear until it exits physics range.

Right, I think I saw that in the configuration file. Did something change in the targeting? Before I could aim at things beyond physics range and as long as I focussed on the missile after launching I could follow it all the way to the target. Now, with targets over 5 kilometer-ish away the missiles just blindly fly off, as if there is no target.

The HE-KV-1's look lovely in flight, by the way. That unusual squarish shape just emphasizes the intended purpose. Did you use a real life rocket as reference?

Edited by Camacha

I did change the missile targeting, but I didn't know it could lock on stuff outside physics range before. In fact I even thought that I prevented that from happening before...

I didn't base the shape of the missile on anything, but the function was based on kinetic kill vehicles:

sumghai -

I finally got around to fixing the firing order for the rockets. I also changed the code a bit so that you (or I) don't have to animate each individual rocket. I just have to name them in descending order (rocket19, rocket18 etc) and it will fire in that order. It'll be easy as heck to make new rocket pods now.

Edited by BahamutoD

sumghai -

I finally got around to fixing the firing order for the rockets. I also changed the code a bit so that you (or I) don't have to animate each individual rocket. I just have to name them in descending order (rocket19, rocket18 etc) and it will fire in that order. It'll be easy as heck to make new rocket pods now.

Awesome on both counts! :)

In fact I've tried it in the test…Poor Jeb

By the way I'll add support for all ammo boxes later.Hydras are too heavy to carry…looking for a solution.

Too bad we can't reload the pods. THAT would be fun.

Unless... are Hydra rockets a transferable resource? Is ammo, for that matter? Make a small box with, say, 4 Hydras, KAS it next to the pod, and transfer.

Too bad we can't reload the pods. THAT would be fun.

Unless... are Hydra rockets a transferable resource? Is ammo, for that matter? Make a small box with, say, 4 Hydras, KAS it next to the pod, and transfer.

Yes they are. I'll look into it.