[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

And I can tell you sir... that by your tone, you are a jerk. *thumbs up* It was a dramatization of GAU-8 rounds hitting the target.

LOL, I prefer another term, but that will earn you an infraction for calling me that. :P

These look really sweet, but one thing I'm missing from my old mod is heat effects on the guns and shell casings, like so:

http://i.imgur.com/Rrk2d.jpg

I'm adding in shell casings and light effects in the next update. I'll have to do the emissive heat stuff sometime too!

IpKm0sJ.png

Edited by BahamutoD

I'm missing one feature that I think might be quite easy to add:

action group binding to fire the weapon, and maybe a way to let the weapon pointing forward, just to be treated as a standard one without the aiming mechanic. I know the main point of this is to have that mechanic, but sometimes you just want to aim with the nose of your plane :P

The shells looks wonderful!, keep up the good work :D

Edit: also, what about a improved chase camera support, so you have the option to focus the target position? :)

Edited by m1sz

LOL, I prefer another term, but that will earn you an infraction for calling me that. :P

Oh no... an infraction... what ever will I do?

Anyway...

This mods looks fantastic... I only wish my install of KSP would work... so I can play with it.

I'd also love to have a camera with the target lock function. you could add the camera module from rpm and a strung zoom. I've done this with the laz0r cam and added an overlay to the rpm. but its a bit difficult to control.

maybe you could even attach a cam to one of the guns.

Update

v0.3.0

-0.24 update

-fixed: guns could shoot while in map view

-fixed: sound effects played in editor when symmetry was on

-changed tracer color default to red

-reduced ABL laser damage

-added tracer/laser color field in part module (R,G,B,A 0-255)

-added light effects

-added shell ejection

-added M1 Abrams cannon

-added cannon weaponType

-added AIM-120 air-to-air missile

-added custom bullet hit and explosion fx

-added settings config file

----fire key moved to settings.cfg

----instakill moved to settings.cfg

-added configurable physics range (default 15km)

Some notes:

-If you mess around with the physics range setting, keep in mind that setting it too high will cause distant landed vessels within the physics range to crash into the terrain and be destroyed.

Set it to 0 to use KSP defaults.

-The explosive force of the tank shell and missile is more likely to disassemble and scatter the parts of target vessels, as opposed to destroying everything in a radius.

-Specs for the missile like thrust, turn rate, blast radius, etc aren't configurable yet, but will be in the future.

-To make the missile home on a target, select a vessel to target like you normally do in KSP.

Edited by BahamutoD

Bombs and a fixed gau-8 will probably come soon. (I wanna make an A-10!)

For people who want to make a turret, I tried making a vid tutorial and realized I suck at narrating, so for now, here's a unitypackage you can use as an example:

Download .50 cal turret unity package. You can ask me specific questions in a PM.

So is this based on DYJs old work or Laztek Lazerwepons mod, or Skillful now? Because I am looking at possibly dumping one of the ones I have on my installs in favor of a more flexible one that comes closer to real life weapons. While Skillful is cool it is limited. And DYJ never finished his, and laztek that stuff is great but way over powered. Oh and is this stuff FAR compatible?

Abraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

On topic now that my excitement has calmed down. If you're going to make straight up real life parts, any chance you could give us configurable parts of the things they are used with to use em on? If that's confusing I mean M1A2 Turret could really use a real M1A2 Abrams to sit on and dominate the battlefield with.

Abraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

On topic now that my excitement has calmed down. If you're going to make straight up real life parts, any chance you could give us configurable parts of the things they are used with to use em on? If that's confusing I mean M1A2 Turret could really use a real M1A2 Abrams to sit on and dominate the battlefield with.

Why do you want a M1A2? When what makes an A2 and A2 is a bunch of features that have no affect in a game like this?

No really... There is no REAL difference between the A1 and the A2 for this games uses. Other than a few cosmetic changes in game you could have an A2 pretty easily, just add an small trashcan looking cylinder on the left front side of the turret, and then add a slightly longer back of the turret and BAM! you have an A2 for KSP.

Why do you want a M1A2? When what makes an A2 and A2 is a bunch of features that have no affect in a game like this?

No really... There is no REAL difference between the A1 and the A2 for this games uses. Other than a few cosmetic changes in game you could have an A2 pretty easily, just add an small trashcan looking cylinder on the left front side of the turret, and then add a slightly longer back of the turret and BAM! you have an A2 for KSP.

I think what he means is he wants a an Abrams body for the Abrams turret. Not sure where they M1A2 came in though. It's an M1A1 turret. I guess he got the 2 tanks confused.

So is this based on DYJs old work or Laztek Lazerwepons mod, or Skillful now? Because I am looking at possibly dumping one of the ones I have on my installs in favor of a more flexible one that comes closer to real life weapons. While Skillful is cool it is limited. And DYJ never finished his, and laztek that stuff is great but way over powered. Oh and is this stuff FAR compatible?

Well it is inspired by those, I suppose. It should work fine with FAR, but I haven't done extensive testing of the missiles.

Just awesome, downloading now. Any chance you will make some scifi weapons like blasters, ion cannons, etc.? And adding a crosshair would be helpful, with an option to toggle it.

Possibly.

Will the missiles hit their target in vacuum?

It looks like the homing system doesn't work in orbit, but it should work in surface situations in vacuum. I'll have to work on it a bit to get it to work in orbit.