[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

1 hour ago, SaelbenNoa said:

Any news here guys?

Download the original version from SpaceDock

And then replace NavUtilLib.dll file with the one from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0awajz3uilyycr/NavUtilLib.dll?dl=1

Once I sort my real life issues out I'll pull everything together. Think that could match the KSP 1.3 release update.

• 4 weeks later...

@kujuman I have a problem. When I try to load ksp it gets stuck at KerbalScienceFoundation/NavInstruments/Props/prop/analogHSI

KSP version 1.2.2

PC specs: Operating System Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 39 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3048h (XU1 PROCESSOR)

Graphics E2242 (1920x1080@60Hz) Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (HP) Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (HP)

Storage 232GB Seagate ST3250318AS ATA Device (SATA) 32 °C Optical Drives hp DVD A DH16ABLH ATA Device

Audio High Definition Audio Device

Edited by Commander223323

On 10/28/2014 at 10:39 AM, kujuman said:

Alright, 0.5 Release Candidate is up on Kerbal Stuff! You MUST read the notes below in order to best use it and avoid problems. I am particularly interested in Blizzy78 ToolBar support an how well the persistent window location saving/loading works.

===0.5 Release Candidate===
NOTE: This is not intended to be a full release. It may have major bugs, particularly ones which may prevent KSP or NavUtilities from loading; the release candidate is meant to help find those bugs. If you do use it, please let me know how it went on the forums.

IMPORTANT: .5 RC requires a clean install of NavUtilities (delete the old folder and install the new one). If you are using custom runways, move those *_rwy.cfg files to a safe place before deleting the folder. You may move the *_rwy.cfg files back to the original location after you install the new version.

New:
Window position and size should now be persistent between games
Added a setting file with a few options
Added a new InternalModule for analog HSIs
Added a new prop for the analog HSI (thanks to nli2work for model, textures, and idea) (prop is not included in any cockpits at this time)

Re-added support for Blizzy78's ToolBar (toggle in setting file)
Added a shortID to runway definitions. Custom runway users need to add a shortID =  line to their configs or NavUtilities may not start. (I'll have a solution for the 0.5.0 release)

Changed:
Major naming of .dlls and runway definition files to hopefully be more coherent and prevent a KSP loading bug.
*_rwy.cfg files now have the extension .rwy. The file is otherwise identical.

Fixed:
Marker beacon audio now plays at intended volume. Control volume with "Voice" setting

Download at https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/70/NavUtilites , select "Changelog", then the 0.5_RC download.

nli2work's handiwork :D (note that I screwed up the textures in Unity, this'll be fixed in 0.5.0)

8ZMm69C.png?1

HDG <- Click to cycle runways (knob rotates) CRS <- Click to cycle G/S (know rotates)

AH! I have finally found what is causing this! this model has been appearing on top of whatever the root part of my rocket is. If that happens to be my command module, I can't see anything In IVA. interestingly I actually don't have this mod installed anymore. Is it possible that some code and this model got left behind somewhere and is bugging out?

8 minutes ago, Moikle said:

AH! I have finally found what is causing this! this model has been appearing on top of whatever the root part of my rocket is. If that happens to be my command module, I can't see anything In IVA. interestingly I actually don't have this mod installed anymore. Is it possible that some code and this model got left behind somewhere and is bugging out?

Most likely.

Download it, look in the zip file to see what files got installed where, then delete all those files

10 hours ago, Moikle said:

I guess that could be caused by some remnants left, most likely the model itself and an MM-RPM patch. Never heard of such issue before.

EDIT: try to search for the file prop.cfg with the following contents:

Spoiler

PROP
{
  name = internalHSI_KSF

MODULE
  {
    name = AnalogHSI
	compassObject = compassObject //this rotates the compass card about Z
	crsRotObject = crsRotObject //this rotates course bug (if the runway is 90 deg, this reads moves on the compass to 90) about Z
	brgObject = brgObject //this rotates the whole hub and Localizer needle group about Z

locNeedleObject = locNeedleObject //translates along X (maybe...its X in the code)
	locMinDevMM = -111 //tune the needle to match the textures
	locMaxDev = 111 //tune the needle to match the textures
	locMMpDeg = 37 //tune the needle to match the textures

gsNeedleObject = gsNeedleObject //translates along Z (maybe...its X in the code)
	gsMinDevMM = -150 //tune the needle to match the textures
	gsMaxDev = 150 //tune the needle to match the textures
	gsMMpDeg = 50 //tune the needle to match the textures

dmeTenthsObject = dmeTenthsObject //rotates about Z
	dmeOnesObject = dmeOnesObject //rotates about Z
	dmeTensObject = dmeTensObject //rotates about Z
	dmeHundredsObject = dmeHundredsObject //rotates about Z

rotRateDeg = 80 //not currently implemented
	transRateMM = 30 //not currently implemented

}
}

May be that would give you some clues.

Edited by Ser

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 4:39 PM, Ser said:

Download the original version from SpaceDock

And then replace NavUtilLib.dll file with the one from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0awajz3uilyycr/NavUtilLib.dll?dl=1

Once I sort my real life issues out I'll pull everything together. Think that could match the KSP 1.3 release update.

Hey, sorry to bother, but this doesn't seem to work in KSP 1.2.2 using NavUtilities 0.6.1 with the new dll from dropbox provided but I still get the broken UI window. Has anyone been able to get this working using this dll in KSP 122?

EDIT: Never mind must be a problem on my end, it seems to work just without certain mods running. Think it's that I'm using MM 2.7.6 not 2.8.0

Could someone point me in the direction of the modified .dll that was made for ksp 1.2.2 / MM 2.7.6? I've tried the last 3 different .dlls in this thread but none seem to work?

Edited by pingopete

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

EDIT: Never mind must be a problem on my end, it seems to work just without certain mods running. Think it's that I'm using MM 2.7.6 not 2.8.0

I think that's because 2.7.6 is for KSP 1.2.2. and 2.8.0 is for KSP 1.3.0. This mod isn't updated yet for KSP 1.3.0 that's why you have the issues.

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

Also just an idea I had, how feasible would it be given the nature of the code used for this mod to add a beacon part that represents a runway, that could be moved around/attached to vessels, and have the nav system update to its direction and position to allow for carrier landings and such?

I've got your request but in terms of realism this mod represents HSI as it is in civilian aviation but military aircrafts use different instruments to land on carrier.  I'll think on how that could be implemented.

17 minutes ago, Ser said:

I think that's because 2.7.6 is for KSP 1.2.2. and 2.8.0 is for KSP 1.3.0. This mod isn't updated yet for KSP 1.3.0 that's why you have the issues.

I've got your request but in terms of realism this mod represents HSI as it is in civilian aviation but military aircrafts use different instruments to land on carrier.  I'll think on how that could be implemented.

Nice! and thanks for the info I can however run 2.8.0 on KSP 1.2.2 and HSI works with that setup but all my other mods are broken / awaiting update to KSP 1.3. I was hoping there might be a workaround that'd been made for the current version I'm running, MM2.7.6?

OK I'm being a complete idiot, not checking first without mods. It does work with 1.2.2 my bad just gotta figure out which mod is causing the issues. Sorry :P

Edited by pingopete

21 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Nice! and thanks for the info I can however run 2.8.0 on KSP 1.2.2 and HSI works with that setup but all my other mods are broken / awaiting update to KSP 1.3. I was hoping there might be a workaround that'd been made for the current version I'm running, MM2.7.6?

I suppose something was changed in MM 2.8.0 for KSP 1.3.0 compatibility, so if you use KSP 1.2.2 you should obviously stick to MM 2.7.6. Current version of this mod needs MM only in part of RPM compatibility which depends on MM. AS for KSP 1.3.0 I haven't tried it myself yet, so can't tell you anything.

Edited by Ser

8 minutes ago, Ser said:

I suppose something was changed in MM 2.8.0 for KSP 1.3.0 compatibility, so if you use KSP 1.2.2 you should obviously stick to MM 2.7.6. Current version of this mod needs MM only in part of RPM compatibility which depends on MM.

Ok so running through the mods to see which was causing the issue and pretty quick found it to be RSS.

Here's an output log, I saw some stuff in there about nav utilities

http://www.mediafire.com/file/78bsoagb4ek5mgx/output_log.txt

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NavUtilLib.Utils.CalcDistance (Double lat1, Double lon1, Double altMSL1, Double lat2, Double lon2, Double altMSL2, System.String bodyName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NavUtilLib.Utils.CalcDistanceToBeacon (.Vessel thisVessel, NavUtilLib.Runway currentRwy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NavUtilLib.GlobalVariables.FlightData.updateNavigationData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NavUtilLib.NavUtilLibApp.DrawGauge (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NavUtilLib.NavUtilLibApp.OnWindow (Int32 WindowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by pingopete

3 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Ok so running through the mods to see which was causing the issue and pretty quick found it to be RSS.

Here's an output log, I saw some stuff in there about nav utilities

http://www.mediafire.com/file/78bsoagb4ek5mgx/output_log.txt

Looks like it's an old issue with RSS reported at the top of page 13. In brief, RSS uses the name "Earth" but NavUtilities configs are made for "Kerbin" and that causes errors. You should read the page 13 for solution.

2 minutes ago, Ser said:

Looks like it's an old issue with RSS reported at the top of page 13. In brief, RSS uses the name "Earth" but NavUtilities configs are made for "Kerbin" and that causes errors. You should read the page 13 for solution.

Ah right, ok I think I know how to fix that one, thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...

@Ser Thank you very much for the 1.1.3 and 1.2.2 support... :)

However, i was just wondering if the DLL you linked back for the 1.1.3 fix, and the one above, for 1.2.2, are both for the same dll, or if they are indeed seperate compiles?

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@Ser Thank you very much for the 1.1.3 and 1.2.2 support... :)

However, i was just wondering if the DLL you linked back for the 1.1.3 fix, and the one above, for 1.2.2, are both for the same dll, or if they are indeed seperate compiles?

They are the same. 1.1.3 version just works in 1.2.2.

13 hours ago, Crown01 said:

Hello? Could I get some help with installation? I just want to get it to work with 1.3 and with RPM (P.S. sorry if I seem rude, I'm new and don't really know forum etiquette yet.)

No guarantees that Ser's latest .dll for 1.2.2 (linked a few posts back, on the previous page), will work in 1.3.0... Ser, nor anyone else has posted anything about trying it in 1.3.0 yet...

Ser's instructions and link to latest dll:

you COULD follow all that, then replace the MM & RPM dependencies with the latest updated ModuleManager and RPM releases for 1.3.0, (they both just updated in the last couple days), and post back your results... Of course, probably best not to do it with an important save game...

Edited by Stone Blue

11 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

No guarantees that Ser's latest .dll for 1.2.2 (linked a few posts back, on the previous page), will work in 1.3.0... Ser, nor anyone else has posted anything about trying it in 1.3.0 yet...

Ser's instructions and link to latest dll:

you COULD follow all that, then replace the MM & RPM dependencies with the latest updated ModuleManager and RPM releases for 1.3.0, (they both just updated in the last couple days), and post back your results... Of course, probably best not to do it with an important save game...

Alright, so everything seems to be working fine, mostly. The trouble I was having with the mod stemmed from the fact that there were a whole bunch of other files in the download that I had no clue what to do with, the new download you linked was much cleaner and worked very well. Unfortunately, it seems as though B9 and the ASET props pack aren't compatible, as I cannot access the menu using the RPM monitors. (Don't worry the tool bar one still works just fine.) I would like to know if there is some sort of fix or patch out there that would add compatibility with these mods. EDIT: I'm just an idiot, I didn't know how to navigate the B9 menus and couldn't find it before but now I have.

Edited by Crown01

17 hours ago, Crown01 said:

Alright, so everything seems to be working fine, mostly. The trouble I was having with the mod stemmed from the fact that there were a whole bunch of other files in the download that I had no clue what to do with, the new download you linked was much cleaner and worked very well. Unfortunately, it seems as though B9 and the ASET props pack aren't compatible, as I cannot access the menu using the RPM monitors. (Don't worry the tool bar one still works just fine.) I would like to know if there is some sort of fix or patch out there that would add compatibility with these mods. EDIT: I'm just an idiot, I didn't know how to navigate the B9 menus and couldn't find it before but now I have.

The KSP 1.3.0 compatible version is on the way, almost there. Also everything will be at one piece this time and no additional manipulations will be required to install.

@Crown01, copy this to a addNavUtilsToASET.cfg file anywhere in GameData, and NavUtilities will show up in the ASET props. It will be accessible through the leftmost button on the top. A .cfg file is just a .txt file renamed to .cfg.

@PROP[ALCORMFD40x20]:NEEDS[ASETPropsIdentifier&RasterPropMonitor]:AFTER[RasterPropMonitor]
{
	  @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
	  {
		PAGE
		{
			button = button_A
			name = KSF_NAV_HSI
			disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_MLS
                method = DrawMLS
				buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

btnPrevRwy = 6
				btnNextRwy = 5
				btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
			{
				redirect = home,   menuDefault
			}
		}

PAGE
		{
			button = button_A
			name = KSF_NAV_AI
			disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_AI
                method = DrawAI
				//buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

//btnPrevRwy = 6
				//btnNextRwy = 5
				///btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
			{
				redirect = home,   menuDefault
			}
		}
	  }
}

Edited by theonegalen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.