[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

1) 0.16

2) HL fuselage cockpit by K3|Chris

3) I cycle A and it does not show up at all. I also went to the "addons" section which listed Scansat, Docking cam and Mechjeb

4) Standalone one works fine

5) It's directly inside of gamedata.

Now time to land like real pilots do :cool:!

By aiming at the ground and hoping for the best? :P

By the way... I hate this community, you all are causing me to download more and more plugins that I MUST have!!!!!!

Honestly KSP has to have the best community online.

So downloading this when I get home.

What a great display!

I'll have to admit, Kottabos' review is humorous, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes a few times, but despite the somewhat lack of understanding of what he was seeing, it still illustrated a very VERY useful control for KSP flying. Thank you so much!

1) 0.16

2) HL fuselage cockpit by K3|Chris

3) I cycle A and it does not show up at all. I also went to the "addons" section which listed Scansat, Docking cam and Mechjeb

4) Standalone one works fine

5) It's directly inside of gamedata.

Ok, thank you.

I didn't find a HL fuselage cockpit, did you mean the S2 Reusable Pod (it looks kinda like a space-shuttle with black tiles on the bottom)? I'm thinking it's a problem with that cockpit/config files because everything else indicates it should work fine.

I've D/L'd and installed B9 and the K3 internals, and it seems to work fine for me :/

This warrants additional investigation.

1) Does it work in the stock cockpits?

Edited by kujuman

Good morning,

Today's link is to v0.3.9, the 0.4.0 release candidate (assuming no bugs are found, 0.3.9 becomes 0.4.0).

Please be aware that this download is not fully tested (particularly the Custom Runway feature) in all types of vessel, bodies, flight states, etc. For this reason I am not updating the main post yet.

The link to the github download. Do not use unless you are still in KSP .23.5, use v0.4.0 or higher

===v0.3.9 Changes===
*RPM keys are now softcoded to prop.cfg file definitions. This should allow much more flexible adaptation of the HSI to various RPM props.
*RPM now features same text overlay as standalone, including runway elevation.
*Included MM configs updated to reflect this

-New Features:
*Custom runways from in game. Position your vessel at the desired touch-down point and either use auto heading and elevation or use your own (auto based on current vessel's orientation and elevation). Custom runways do not have marker beacons (can still be added in .cfg). Custom runways saved to separate file. Custom runways can be deleted in game. The custom runway GUI can be accessed from the Toolbar.

Edited by kujuman

I'm really enjoying this plugin, so I'm sorry it took me so long to test the custom runways feature. I created one for a small, equatorial island on Laythe. I'm running KSP 0.23.5 (Mac) with NavUtilities 4.0 RC (standalone).

In flight, DME was accurate, but the bearing, compass, and localizer all indicated a point about 8 km north of the target. Looking through the cfg, heading and altitude are accurate based on the navball and altimeter. Marker distances are clearly never assigned. I forgot to check KER until after landing, but it gives the same coordinates as gsLattitude and gsLongitude.

Here's the generated runway:

// CustomRunways

Runway
{
ident = Laythe Island SE
hdg = 141.45
body = Laythe
altMSL = 143.3
gsLatitude = -2.055499
gsLongitude = -271.2791
locLatitude = -1.084528
locLongitude = -271.2817
outerMarkerDist = -1000
middleMarkerDist = -1000
innerMarkerDist = -1000
}

Is your mod Messing with the plane throtle and landing gears Kujuman?

everytime I do a low flyby near the runway, throtle goes to 10%, the ship lower landing gear and turn breaks on...

and also, theres a bug with the game that changes you throtle and turn off SaS... it's so annoying...

everytime I do a low flyby near the runway, throtle goes to 10%, the ship lower landing gear and turn breaks on...

and also, theres a bug with the game that changes you throtle and turn off SaS... it's so annoying...

That almost sounds like mechjeb (similar) is lending assistance.

/Rikard

I'm really enjoying this plugin, so I'm sorry it took me so long to test the custom runways feature. I created one for a small, equatorial island on Laythe. I'm running KSP 0.23.5 (Mac) with NavUtilities 4.0 RC (standalone).

In flight, DME was accurate, but the bearing, compass, and localizer all indicated a point about 8 km north of the target. Looking through the cfg, heading and altitude are accurate based on the navball and altimeter. Marker distances are clearly never assigned. I forgot to check KER until after landing, but it gives the same coordinates as gsLattitude and gsLongitude.

Here's the generated runway:

// CustomRunways

Runway
{
ident = Laythe Island SE
hdg = 141.45
body = Laythe
altMSL = 143.3
gsLatitude = -2.055499
gsLongitude = -271.2791
locLatitude = -1.084528
locLongitude = -271.2817
outerMarkerDist = -1000
middleMarkerDist = -1000
innerMarkerDist = -1000
}

Okay, thank you for the details. I'll look into this. It's pretty clear that I made a math mistake in the locLatitude and locLongitude auto code.

Update: fixed- it's those damn radians and degrees :D /update

In the mean time, if you edit the runway to either have

locLatitude = -2.055499
locLongitude = -271.2791

or

locLatitude = -2.145115383
locLongitude = -271.2076368

it'll work for now. The first option is using the touchdown point as the loc center as well, the second is figures I just did in the newest version of the code, and distance and bearing check out.

Edited by kujuman
added "correct" loc values

no, it doesn't touch any controls. it's probably another plugin.

Just curious, why'd you assign this to button A on Hyomoto's MFD instead of a toggle on (flight screen) button 1 (so you toggle gimbal/ILS instead of flight/ILS)? Any reason in particular?

It comes down to how the RPM configs work. By assigning to A I can patch the MFD instead of having to write a new flight screen.

I suspect this will work, though I haven't tested it yet:

@PROP[HyomotoMFD]:Final
{
@MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
{
PAGE
{
//button = button_A
name = KSF_NAV_HSI
textureOverlayURL = Hymoto/MFD/images/genericOverlay
disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
{
name = KSF_MLS
method = DrawMLS
buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
}
PAGEHANDLER
{
name = KSF_MLS
method = pageAuthor
}

CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = home, menuDefault
redirect = btn1, flightDisplay
}
}

@PAGE[flightDisplay]
{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, KSF_NAV_HSI
}
}
}
}

Basically: remove the activation button from your page, on your page add a redirect to the Hyomoto flight display, and on his flight display add a redirect on button 1 to yours.

EDIT: Although it occurs to me that if we're adding it to toggle on any of the screens, "flightLanding" probably makes more sense.

Edited by Tahvohck
Sudden thought

I suspect this will work, though I haven't tested it yet:

Basically: remove the activation button from your page, on your page add a redirect to the Hyomoto flight display, and on his flight display add a redirect on button 1 to yours.

EDIT: Although it occurs to me that if we're adding it to toggle on any of the screens, "flightLanding" probably makes more sense.

Hum, Okay, I'll give this a look later. I didn't even consider anything like this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.