[1.1] NavUtilities, ft. HSI & Instrument Landing System

kujuman

Hey Kujuman... with this new patch, something in your mod is causing a NullRef in module Manager. locking the game from loading. and also causes a bug in texturereplacer.

You mean .24.2?

For the module manager, which mods of these mods do you have installed:

KSOS

RPM .17-.18

KSI MFD

Did you create a custom runway?

Can you describe the texture replacer bug?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If anyone is interested, I have created a config for the runways from the KerbinSide mod.

Ski-jump style runways are listed as "FW" for the launch direction, and "RV" for the reverse direction.

http://www.virindi.net/junk/kerbinside_033_rwy.cfg

You sir deserve many cookies! I came here looking for just this and I am very happy with it! :D

Is there a way we could add locations relative to parts I.e. the deck of an aircraft carrier?

Not right now. If it's a requested enough feature I'll consider doing this, but I think it'll be a relatively substantial coding change so I want to think it through before I make any promises.

Amazing mod! This is certainly one of the must-have UI elements like Navyfish's docking indicator. Haven't made a perfect landing until this, i usually fall short or land on 1/2 of the runway.

One thing though, why does the purple line turn yellow? (I mean the purple line that appears when you are near the required heading of the runway)

For me the texture of the HSI window is really blurry - I have a weak GPU so I've set my texture resolution really low - is there any way to get it to display at full res?

Not that I know of, unfortunately. It may very well be possible, it's just that I don't know a way.

Amazing mod! This is certainly one of the must-have UI elements like Navyfish's docking indicator. Haven't made a perfect landing until this, i usually fall short or land on 1/2 of the runway.

One thing though, why does the purple line turn yellow? (I mean the purple line that appears when you are near the required heading of the runway)

Glad it helps you! To further clarify, the yellow line lets you know that the unit is in "Fine" mode. This increases the sensitivity of the localizer needle so that any errors you have left/right are magnified to help improve your precision. Fine mode is activated in certain conditions (I don't remember the thresholds exactly off hand), something like 7km or less from runway AND localizer deviation smaller than 0.5° AND G/S within 1.5° of nominal.

How have I not seen this before. This looks awesome.

Does it work with KerbinSide?

Only the default runways are included, but it's easy to add new ones. Virindi made a file that includes the kerbinside runways http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85353-0-24-NavUtilities-ft-HSI-Instrument-Landing-System-v0-4-0-%2AJuly-20-2014%2A?p=1370290&viewfull=1#post1370290

Only the default runways are included, but it's easy to add new ones. Virindi made a file that includes the kerbinside runways http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85353-0-24-NavUtilities-ft-HSI-Instrument-Landing-System-v0-4-0-%2AJuly-20-2014%2A?p=1370290&viewfull=1#post1370290

Awesome. I don't know that I'd be able to figure out the coords on my own. Maybe reading them from engineer while landed, but that makes it easy.

• 5 weeks later...
If anyone is interested, I have created a config for the runways from the KerbinSide mod.

Ski-jump style runways are listed as "FW" for the launch direction, and "RV" for the reverse direction.

http://www.virindi.net/junk/kerbinside_033_rwy.cfg

Thanks for your great help. Looking forward to your updates (hint, hint, hint) for _036 and more....

Great stuff.

would it be possible to create an internal prop module to drive an analogue version?

I don't see why not :P

It's not something I think I could do though; I am totally unfamiliar with internal props. If someone who knows what they're doing created a model and basically told me where to plug and chug (or just rely on the library actually) it'd be easy enough I suppose.

I'm planning an update in the near future. I want to see if the App bar has gotten any more usable and if so use it rather than ToolBar. I also need to clean some things up...

I can build a prop, just don't know enough coding to help on that side. I figure it could be like the stock compass module, extended with the target selection; direction/alignment indicator and glide slope displays added. I'll play with the RPM version to familiarize myself with the information it shows first.

Update time! The update is not required, but it may be wanted.

===v0.4.3 Changes=== Oct 12, 2014

*Added the Administration building helipad to the included runways. It is an example of a "custom runway".

*Compiled against KSP .25

*Removed requirement to use Blizzy78's ToolBar mod, now supports stock App Launcher

~Current Users of the ToolBar may still be able to use it if they overwrite the existing NavUtilities install (untested)

~NavUtilLibGUI.dll is also now no longer needed for upgrading users (it interfaced with the ToolBar)

~Left clicking the App icon will start the HSI, right clicking the App icon will start the settings window

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.