Post Your Cinematics Here! (Cinematic Enthusiasts)

Halban

Looks like Christmas has come early xD

No one has posted here for a while now, so I thought I would post another entry :P

Something I have put together whenever I've had the time, so this is no masterpiece. :P

Visuals were pretty normal for the standards at the moment, but it's the audio mixing that really amazed me for this one. Tell me, did you work on 'Gravity'? xD

BTW: I swear, if you don't give me your SFX collection soon then I will find you... and I will kill you.

Not exactly a recent video, but that's the only one I have to contribute atm.

Silly Astronomer, we've all seen it already. Nonetheless, it's worth watching again. But I can't help feeling that you spent more time adding trippy FX than making sure your shots were filmed as beautifully as possible. Maybe ABA and I should take care of the next two trailers? :)

Here's my most recent one. Any constructive critisism is greatly appretiated! Enjoy!

seriously though, if any of you have any hints or tips to do with cinematics in ksp, please tell me!

You've put so much effort in to this that I just had to sit down and watch it all in full, and I don't regret it. The dialogue is fun, the shots are beautifully framed, and the music you chose works quite well. For now my only real annoyance is that you need to enable component mode in kerbcam, via the dev settings. It should make your keys transition much more smoothly.

What editing software do you use, HatBat?

For cutting and sound mixing I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC, I also like to export my shots into Adobe After Effects CC to do the heavy special effects work. Although it's slightly out dated; I recommend watching

I did when I reached 300 subscribers.

HatBat;

You've put so much effort in to this that I just had to sit down and watch it all in full, and I don't regret it. The dialogue is fun, the shots are beautifully framed, and the music you chose works quite well. For now my only real annoyance is that you need to enable component mode in kerbcam, via the dev settings. It should make your keys transition much more smoothly.

Thanks Hatbat. I'll enable that now. It's great to hear that you enjoy my content! Especially from you! I love Antartica and it's the reason I subbed you!

Thought I might as well post my latest cinematic here. It's called Evacuate Kerbin and was actually just featured on the Daily Kerbal.

Video description:

When an A-class asteroid is discovered that will hit Kerbin in just two weeks, Andrew Kerman is convinced they can simply redirect it. But instead, the space program decides to evacuate the planet! Will their efforts be in vain? Join the Kerbals in this award-winning* film on their epic journey to evacuate Kerbin!

*This film won the Amazing Film reward by... me!

Thought I might as well post my latest cinematic here. It's called Evacuate Kerbin and was actually just featured on the Daily Kerbal.

Well, here's my two cents.

Very Bob Fitch-esc if you ask me. Fun. Simple. And entertaining

I'll do a full review with advice, etcetera some time soon.

THIS FIRE NEEDS SOME MORE FUEL.... and that, gentlemen; is why I present to you my latest piece of work. The opening sequence for 'SPIRIT OF KERBIN'

Is this going to be that tribute to Macey Dean?

Skipping to 2:41 ignites a feeling of loss I cannot describe.

That cinematic preview looks great man! Definitely will be great.

I need to review more cinematics, there are so many cool-looking ones on this thread I haven't seen.

Edited by It'snorocketscience
Moar details added,

Is this going to be that tribute to Macey Dean?

Skipping to 2:41 ignites a feeling of loss I cannot describe.

That cinematic preview looks great man! Definitely will be great.

I need to review more cinematics' date=' there are so many cool-looking ones on this thread I haven't seen.[/quote']

Thanks man, and yes. This is what I was talking about, hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks man, and yes. This is what I was talking about, hope you enjoy it :)

Alright, I have something in return.

I have created my first cinematic ever.

What do you guys think of it? Please let me know, I have just ventured into the cinematic world and want to see what my audience thinks! :)

Ya, this is not my best work, this was only a "stepping stone" you could call it. I know the video image is.. not very artistic, but after all, the video matters more, right?

Edited by It'snorocketscience
One word: Details.

Alright' date=' I have something in return.

I have created my first cinematic ever.

[url']

What do you guys think of it? Please let me know, I have just ventured into the cinematic world and want to see what my audience thinks! :)

Ya, this is not my best work, this was only a "stepping stone" you could call it. I know the video image is.. not very artistic, but after all, the video matters more, right?

Really great first try! :) In the the beginning though, the camera movement is waaay to fast and "sharp", in kerbcam you can use the "component" setting or whatever it's called, you can find it in the config options menu, and it should get alot smoother :) Also, you shouldn't really use the mouse movement in IVA, I know I have made that mistake, and I won't make it again. Hatbat made some tutorial on cinematics a while ago, you should check that out also :)

Really great first try! :) In the the beginning though, the camera movement is waaay to fast and "sharp", in kerbcam you can use the "component" setting or whatever it's called, you can find it in the config options menu, and it should get alot smoother :) Also, you shouldn't really use the mouse movement in IVA, I know I have made that mistake, and I won't make it again. Hatbat made some tutorial on cinematics a while ago, you should check that out also :)

Some great tips there,

if anybody can't find it (I should probably make an updated one).
you shouldn't really use the mouse movement in IVA

I know I've also made that mistake. But it's not that bad. If you know what you're doing then

, however when possible you should always shoot static shots in IVA and then animate the movement in your editing software of choice, like
You surely have developed your cinematic skillz since then, haha. What recroding software did you use back then? Because it's extremely low framerate :P

Indeed I have. And, believe it or not, I use the same thing (Fraps). I think it was just laggy back then because it was before I decided to build a proper PC instead of using a potato.