Addressing Yesterday's 0.24 Info

SQUAD

I find it a little befuddling that you would delay the release because your development environment version came out with the new version, when you were right on the cusp of releasing with the existing version. It seems unnecessary to delay, I think you would have been fine to release it with the existing unity version. While I do enjoy the dedication and the quality of Squads work, I find myself scratching my head at your methods sometimes. At any rate, still looking forward to .24 and the future.

Cheers.

People who've been playing the experimentals were asked about a version update and their answer was no, so maybe someone updated Unity on the machine that builds the assets... and then all the emissives stopped working :P

Coincidentally, relative to Mexico GMT the release yesterday would have fallen on my Birthday.

But hey at least I know they at least thought of surprising me. Looking forward to whenever it is released. :)

F5? How does quick saving help? I've been pressing the . key to speed up time. Have I been using the wrong key mappings? :confused:

F5 is the refresh key for your web browser. Some people, we won't name names *cough*, sit at kerbalspaceprogram.com and hit F5 over and over when they know an update imminent. I've managed to hit the last couple releases within a few minutes of them being announced :D

I understand completely; there has been more than one occasion where we were approaching a tapeout deadline and surprise! They release a new version of the design kit. Although we only update the design kit if there are any showstopper updates or if the fabricator forces us. Otherwise we tapeout the chip design using the older designer kit.

F5 is the refresh key for your web browser.

You don't know that unless you know which browser and what platform Torquemadus uses. F5 is not universally refresh on all browsers - many use some variant of ALT-R, CTRL-R, or some such. I was confused too by the 'F5' comment because that's not how you "refresh" on any of the browsers I use.

Edited by Steven Mading

I'm pretty sure the OP's comment, "what this means for some of you is that you can lay off the F5 for a bit" means you can lay off the quicksaves for a bit. "F5" if quicksave in KSP. (It has nothing to do with browsers. The reference is to the KSP program. I'm pretty sure the OP is saying that since so many bugs have been fixed, there's not as much need to quicksave.)

There's still 2 days left in the work week, it could still happen!

I think that is no option, especial in case of testing and bug fixing and testing again. With the policy of realeasing the most stable and finished update this takes time.

The better question would be: why is someone updating the engine, just 5 minutes before the release... ;.;

Edited by Alewx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.