Problem: Engines push into other part

Yorik

I made an engine that\'s attached to the bottom of a side mounted object. The engine hangs(nothing pushes from below as the rocket is held up in the middle stem). The problem is that the engine & tank push inside the holding part when i activate the engines and they hang down(forming a gap) when on the launchpad. all parts don\'t allow collision. i have no idea what could be wrong. Any help?

Well, we could use some pictures of how your part is attached in game, and a pic of the model and colliders in your 3d software.

Without more info, this is just a stab in the dark..

It could be that your attachment node in the config sets the 'connection point' some distance above the surface of your actual collider node (say for a 1m cylinder, the colliders outer surface is 0.5m; if you set the attachment node to 0.75m then there is a 0.25m gap between the collider of your part and what it connects to.

So, when you apply force, the part moves until the colliders actually touch, and that allows things to 'wiggle' - You need to have your nodes as close to 'flush' as you can and still allow them to connect cleanly.

So, when you apply force, the part moves until the colliders actually touch, and that allows things to 'wiggle' - You need to have your nodes as close to 'flush' as you can and still allow them to connect cleanly.

After some trial an error, I found out that this was the problem. but thanks for the help ^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.