[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

RoverDude, any chance you can make the rover control axis from the front section horizontal, pointing forward like a plane assembled in the SPH? It wouldn't change usage for those driving it manually, but would allow it to be used with mechjeb rover autopilot without the hassle of adding a probe core with the right orientation in front of it.

Hey RoverDude! This is an awesome addition to KSP! I made an Apollo style mission the other night, and put a rover into containers on the lander, so I could cruise around in style. I was able to assemble everything, but once I did, it seemed to work ok, but when I pulled pieces off of it to rearrange the layout, Ship Manifest started throwing out some strange errors. Also, when I pulled off a piece of the rover and dropped it too the ground, I couldn't grab it again. Same if I put it in a container, it wouldn't let me take it back out. I managed to get a screenshot or two, I'll post it tonight when I get home. But other than that, I loved it. I couldn't get too crazy with it, as I was using a ring of Universal Storage containers, and they could only hold so much, so the rover was pretty basic.

Oh, and as a life experience note for anyone else, either make sure you have a kerbal at the controls when you release the rover from the pylon, or at least make sure you're not building on an incline. Chasing a runaway rover is not fun (but it is hilarious). It worked out though, one of my guys flew after it and made like a speedbump and stopped it. Totally not a bad landing that slid under the rover's wheels. Nope, definately not. ;)

Oooh, get this uploaded somewhere else, I want to check out that light.

USI links are up - had to upgrade to a pro Dropbox account, which I did, because I love all of you.

RoverDude, any chance you can make the rover control axis from the front section horizontal, pointing forward like a plane assembled in the SPH? It wouldn't change usage for those driving it manually, but would allow it to be used with mechjeb rover autopilot without the hassle of adding a probe core with the right orientation in front of it.

I'll see what I can do - I have a few more mods to get wrapped up but love for this will resume.

roverdude man, are you like, a spider XD? your everywhere! every time i see something new and cool.. its made by you lately XD

That's my job ;)

Hey RoverDude! This is an awesome addition to KSP! I made an Apollo style mission the other night, and put a rover into containers on the lander, so I could cruise around in style. I was able to assemble everything, but once I did, it seemed to work ok, but when I pulled pieces off of it to rearrange the layout, Ship Manifest started throwing out some strange errors. Also, when I pulled off a piece of the rover and dropped it too the ground, I couldn't grab it again. Same if I put it in a container, it wouldn't let me take it back out. I managed to get a screenshot or two, I'll post it tonight when I get home. But other than that, I loved it. I couldn't get too crazy with it, as I was using a ring of Universal Storage containers, and they could only hold so much, so the rover was pretty basic.

Oh, and as a life experience note for anyone else, either make sure you have a kerbal at the controls when you release the rover from the pylon, or at least make sure you're not building on an incline. Chasing a runaway rover is not fun (but it is hilarious). It worked out though, one of my guys flew after it and made like a speedbump and stopped it. Totally not a bad landing that slid under the rover's wheels. Nope, definately not. ;)

Let me know - I'm curious. Granted, KAS is a bit flaky right now so I am surprised it works at all. Side note - put brakes on first BEFORE you release from the pylon ;)

Let me know - I'm curious. Granted, KAS is a bit flaky right now so I am surprised it works at all. Side note - put brakes on first BEFORE you release from the pylon ;)

Will do, I'll get you the screenshot later, only had one or two, but as far as reproducing, I can't get back into the game since .24.1. Steam auto updated on me, and for some reason ATM isn't compressing textures anymore. As soon as I get back in I'll try tinkering.

Only the wheels and seat are showing for me any thoughts? Maybe renaming the parts pack folder to just parts?

If your using it is an issue with 0.1.0 The PackRat folder with the Parts folder inside it should be inside a folder called UmbraSpaceIndustries. 0.1.1 fixed this though.

If your using it is an issue with 0.1.0 The PackRat folder with the Parts folder inside it should be inside a folder called UmbraSpaceIndustries. 0.1.1 fixed this though.

I have 0.1.1, so I need to rename the partspack folder to parts.

Edit: that didn't work.

Edited by Woodstar

Ok, here's my screenshots of my little adventure, and the only error I got captured. Still fighting to get the game up and running, though, I can keep tinkering with it once it's up.

Finishing touches on the buggy.

wfpAcz4.png

Stopping the runaway...

SqRfJJO.png

Error message:

bAIFwzq.png

I have 0.1.1, so I need to rename the partspack folder to parts.

Your folder should look like this. GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\PackRat\PackParts\(All of the .cfgs, textures, and models). That is how mine is and it works perfectly fine for me.

Sweet mod, especially the cage to aid in delivery. And the KAS support. And the kamera= moar science and stuff. I like stuff. I like your rover. P

I kinda like my stuff too ;) I count it a good day when I don't shut down Blender and Unity in disgust :D

This rover is pretty much exactly what I always wanted. Great work RoverDude!

Also, since the camera has only one science message to display, I took it upon myself to write a ton more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqcvgz4yybgcgo8/ScienceDefs.cfg

And since I feel like you should be able to use the camera in orbit, here's another one that allows orbital use with even more messages:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5myaavh9nlgq2q3/ScienceDefs.cfg

Drop it into GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\PackRat and overwrite.

This rover is pretty much exactly what I always wanted. Great work RoverDude!

Also, since the camera has only one science message to display, I took it upon myself to write a ton more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqcvgz4yybgcgo8/ScienceDefs.cfg

And since I feel like you should be able to use the camera in orbit, here's another one that allows orbital use with even more messages:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5myaavh9nlgq2q3/ScienceDefs.cfg

Drop it into GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\PackRat and overwrite.

Thanks! Let me nab these next time I crack open that mod

Solid work as always, RoverDude. But i can't attach Roof rack in EVA mode, it tells me that there is either no space or part is incompatible. Did i do something wrong or it's KAS/something else breaking it? here is the screen shot with debug log

http://i.imgur.com/nHixb29.jpg

if it's suppose to attach to 'back section' there is no 'store' option available to me.

EDIT: found it, it's suppose to attach to the front section, apparently, dumb me.

Edited by mouzfun

Solid work as always, RoverDude. But i can't attach Roof rack in EVA mode, it tells me that there is either no space or part is incompatible. Did i do something wrong or it's KAS/something else breaking it? here is the screen shot with debug log

http://i.imgur.com/nHixb29.jpg

if it's suppose to attach to 'back section' there is no 'store' option available to me.

EDIT: found it, it's suppose to attach to the front section, apparently, dumb me.

Good deal, have fun with it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.