[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Download Link:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/ExplorationPack/releases

This modpack is a repackaging of the PackRat Rover as well as new parts geared towards planetary exploration.

Contents:

The Pack-Rat Rover.

A modular heavy-duty Rover for all of your planetary exploration needs.

• Easy to assemble
  • Durable
  • Balanced
  • No twiddly surface attachment - everything snaps in place
  • Integrated RTG and batteries
  • Integrated headlights
  • Glow-in-the-dark tape, for when you forget to turn the lights on...
  • Handles like a dream - Munar speeds up to 20m/s
  • Includes experiment storage lockers
  • Includes a new science component (a data camera)
  • Six customizable equipment slots (demo includes four science crates, a seat, and a data camera]
  • Includes a Rover Delivery System - a cage framework with plenty of surface attachment space, and nodes for both the Rover and stack attachment in a 2.5m form factor (though a 3.75 fits the entire wheelbase of the Rover cleanly)

Oh...

And it can be completely assembled in the field using KAS...

If you are assembling this as a sub-assembly in the VAB, start with the roll cage (it has a spare attachment node on top)

If you are assembling this via KAS, start with the Front (and surface attach it to a pylon or something so your Rover does not fly away on minmus or something)

The Advanced Extravehicular Suit (AES)

What started out as a hardened EVA pod soon transformed into an assortment of small parts to extend it's functionality.

Parts included:

• The AES Commad Pod - Tiny, with full glass IVA
  • Micro SAS
  • Micro RCS thrusters and mini tanks
  • Micro decoupler (so handy!)
  • Electric ducted fan motor (atmo only) - Nifty in that it ties to both the RCS and Engine systems

FireSpitter and ModuleRCSFx are both required and included.

Requires the Community Resource Pack (resources only, no ORS maps) as well as various USI DLLs (all included).

Configuration files and code are licensed under the GPL v3 license.

Assets, including Models (*.mu) and Textures *.png/*.dds) are All Rights Reserved. If you wish to use any of these assets in your project, just ask nicely :)

Additional Modules:

This package redistributes FireSpitter

This package redistribures Module Manager

Download on GitHub: https://github.com/BobPalmer/ExplorationPack/releases

Changelog:

0.2.5 - 2014.11.01
[LIST]
[*]Reorganized folder structure to better support package managers
[*]Included complete CRP
[*]Replaced TGAs with PNGs
[*]Increased maintenance pod range to 5m
[*]Thanks to FrancoisH, fixed several broken welded parts
[*]Thanks to Deadpan110 for surface attachable packrat wheels
[*]Merged in the Safety Light, and made it KAS-attachable
[*]Updated FireSpitter DLL
[/LIST]

0.2.2 - 2014.10.07
[LIST]
[*]KSP 0.25 Support
[*]DRE/ATM support for the HERP command pod and jumpseat
[*]Fixed typo in Jumpseat name/description
[*]Minor update to HERP IVA
[*]Added in HERP lights
[*]New maintenance pod and various crates for resource transfer
[*]Bundled KERT for EVA Transfer support
[/LIST]

0.2.1 - 2014.09.28
[LIST]
[*]Synced ORSX/CRP changes
[*]Added the HERP command bubble and Jumpseat pods!
[*]FAR/NEAR support
[*]Engine tweaks for the ducted fan engines
[*]DRE support
[*]ATM support
[*]Better packrat wheels!
[*]FireSpitter Hover Mode!
[*]Corrected model for ducted fan (transform issues)
[*]Switched to latest USI DLLs
[*]Switched to ORSX and new CRP
[*]The PackRat has been adjusted again - be careful, old ones may have bees.
[*]Updated RDS cage (3.75m) with matching fairings
[*]Ducted fans have attachment nodes and should play symmetry better
[/LIST]

0.1.3 - 2014.09.12
Bundled ORS

0.1.2 - 2014.09.12
[LIST]
[*]Small update to the duct fan model - beware this may cause your ships to look weird as some transforms changed.
[*]Slight boost to RCS power, texture size reduction, some model updates.
[*]CRP Integration
[*]USI Tools Refresh
[*]Internals tweaks
[*]Fixed bug where IVA caused a transparent pod
[/LIST]

Edited by RoverDude

Not all of the parts are appearing in the VAB for me. Is this supposed to happen. I don't have KAS installed, because it is broken.

EDIT: It seems all of the parts using custom models don't appear in the list, all the others work fine.

Edited by mike9606

All the parts using custom models are gone. (The custom seat and mini-wheels stil appear.)

Ah! move PackRat into an UmbraSpaceIndustries folder below GameData. I'll fix the ZIP

(Edit - Zip fixed, 0.1.1)

Edited by RoverDude

so this mod crashes my 64 bit version! I will try again later :)

The dev's said that there are some issues with the 64-bit, because Unity (the game engine) DOES run different code for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. The changes required to make Unity run on 64-bit are extensive, so lots of little bugs creep in.

so this mod crashes my 64 bit version! I will try again later :)

This runs fine on my 64-bit dev build. Also bear in mind it has no code ;) So kinda hard for it to crash stuff. I think your princess is in another castle...

love this thing, already deployed it on Mun, i would show but i forgot to take screeshots but still great....

although there is a few things though, it would take a while to reach top speed plus it is really tough to right it up once it falls over...

just saying, still awesome :)

Gotta say i love the idea of this. Pretty much what ive wanted to find for awhile with decent looks, like this does.

I took a few months off of kerbal and came back the other day to find 24 released (was getting some mods before even running ksp, lol), so this is a perfect Welcome Back. ;)

love this thing, already deployed it on Mun, i would show but i forgot to take screeshots but still great....

although there is a few things though, it would take a while to reach top speed plus it is really tough to right it up once it falls over...

just saying, still awesome :)

Let me see what I can do on both of those. I have to be careful with the power curves lest you fly all over the place (I can go all over the place with physics cranked up without an issue most of the time). Concur on flipping let me noodle it over.

Gotta say i love the idea of this. Pretty much what ive wanted to find for awhile with decent looks, like this does.

I took a few months off of kerbal and came back the other day to find 24 released (was getting some mods before even running ksp, lol), so this is a perfect Welcome Back. ;)

Awesome, glad you like it!

Love this little bugger!, got one on minmus, Mun, and one on the way to Duna! It handles really well, and the ability to put any .625 part on it is great.

I assume you probably haven't done a pricing pass on any of the parts. The only one i really see that stood out was the back piece (the one with the RTG on it) at only 300 its insanely cheap (stock RTG is 3300)

Love this little bugger!, got one on minmus, Mun, and one on the way to Duna! It handles really well, and the ability to put any .625 part on it is great.

I assume you probably haven't done a pricing pass on any of the parts. The only one i really see that stood out was the back piece (the one with the RTG on it) at only 300 its insanely cheap (stock RTG is 3300)

Yep it needs a pricing pass :)

FYI - if you want to send a PackRat unmanned, toss a probe core in one of the slots and flip it 180 on KSP's Y axis (Q/E keys) and you're set.

I had that the first time, the rover was driving backwards when I pressed forwards (W). Had to turn the core 180° to drive it correctly.

Question: Will you make the 'Rover Delivery System' capable of undocking so you can drop the rover on the ground?

Off topic: The new Safety Light you uploaded is really bright

e4kfxqW.png

Edited by Olympic1

I had that the first time, the rover was driving backwards when I pressed forwards (W). Had to turn the core 180° to drive it correctly.

Question: Will you make the 'Rover Delivery System' capable of undocking so you can drop the rover on the ground?

Off topic: And the new Safety Light you uploaded is really bright

http://i.imgur.com/e4kfxqW.png

Intent of RDS is for you to add your own decouplers, docking ports, whatever to personal taste, so it will always be a structural part. the light is not complete, but WaRi agrees - it's a bit bright ;)

Bright is good! Thats just the one small thing i noticed on the rover, is the the headlights seem a little dim for my tastes :P

Yeah it needs a tweak - the angle needs to be upped a hair next time I'm in that model.

I don't know if this is too much to ask, or whether you've implemented it already; But can you add KAS-compatibility for people staying with the x32 version?

It's no biggie but since I've officially given up on trying to get x64 KSP to actually play for now, I thought I'd ask...

Nevermind...

Edited by BananaDealer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.