[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Could it be possible to make this part?

587488PackRatmodule.png

A chassis section to insert the front and rear chassis parts to make the rover longer. With node each side for more wheels (or other chassis parts to make larger vehicule yoohoooo!) if needed, four nodes to fit seats or more snack packs and of course a front and rear node to be linked to the other chassis parts. Probably one at the center to fit big parts like a lander can MK1 or a fuel tank but I didn't make it.

With this we could make more version of the packrat, like troop transport (looks like we need passenger seat too :sticktongue:) , light utility transport, mobile radar vehicle, etc. :)

Another cool stuff but perhaps for heavier vehicle, an articulated jonction like this

Awesome addition to my Mun base!

So here's a really dumb question... What am I missing when it comes to rotating things in KAS? I watch your video then try to do the same, and I can't get the "B" and "N" keys (the only ones mentioned in the on-screen help) to rotate the front piece any way that's not upside down. I'm guessing there's some KAS hotkey trick I don't know, and that makes me sad.

Other than that which isn't your problem anyway, fantastic work!

I honestly wish the headlights were quite a bit smaller, but otherwise just what I wanted.

Always possible, just up to my armpits in some other mods at the moment :)

:sticktongue: price of success . Nevertheless, nice to read this 07

The moons planets and asteroids can shiver, mouahahah! My mining vehicles will be ready to dry them to the dregs :cool:

Awesome addition to my Mun base!

So here's a really dumb question... What am I missing when it comes to rotating things in KAS? I watch your video then try to do the same, and I can't get the "B" and "N" keys (the only ones mentioned in the on-screen help) to rotate the front piece any way that's not upside down. I'm guessing there's some KAS hotkey trick I don't know, and that makes me sad.

Other than that which isn't your problem anyway, fantastic work!

I honestly wish the headlights were quite a bit smaller, but otherwise just what I wanted.

ALT-B/N

:sticktongue: price of success . Nevertheless, nice to read this 07

The moons planets and asteroids can shiver, mouahahah! My mining vehicles will be ready to dry them to the dregs :cool:

Awesome :) there's a new video up in the dev thread if you want to see a ram scoop atmospheric harvester over Jool

Oh man... 14 pages since I read it last time... yesterday :sticktongue: I missed the video, and I'm quite enjoyed in the perspective of this brand new mining/harvesting stuff (that's why i wanted a bigger rat, to make some articulated mining vehicles :D ). I think I will start now, pausing my career playthrough and start over with a new science game.

The scoop with some hooligan's flying stuff could make a nice harvesting vessel, scooping all around Jool upper atmosphere.

Edited by Vahal

Hey Roverdude! Finally got my Kerpollo mission running again, and brought all the pieces for a fully equipped rover to the Mun. Problem is, I built it the way you show in the vid, but I can't get it to clear 1 m/s. I think Bill could walk faster than Jeb was driving. I did get another one of those weird Ship Manifest errors, could it be causing a problem? I'll post it later once I get ready to call it a night. But is there some critical step I might be missing on building the rover? I'm stumped and Jebs wanting to put the pedal to the metal.

EDIT: Here are some pics from the latest mission. As you can see, I had it fully loaded with science packs and a camera, so I initially thought it was a weight thing, but I'm not sure. I was by one the arches, and it had a slight slope, but I didn't think it was that great of an incline.

yeTE9ny.png

WDMYHnF.png

uyAwFBz.png

Edited by Ghostshark27

Hey Roverdude! Finally got my Kerpollo mission running again, and brought all the pieces for a fully equipped rover to the Mun. Problem is, I built it the way you show in the vid, but I can't get it to clear 1 m/s. I think Bill could walk faster than Jeb was driving. I did get another one of those weird Ship Manifest errors, could it be causing a problem? I'll post it later once I get ready to call it a night. But is there some critical step I might be missing on building the rover? I'm stumped and Jebs wanting to put the pedal to the metal.

A silly question... The brakes are off right?

And you selected your Kerbal and did the 'Control from here' bit?

Hehe, yeah double checked that! :) That was the only thing to keep it from rolling down into the bowl. Now that I think about it, I didn't remember to do the control from here thing, but I guess that would do it. I was going nuts, I could see the wheels spinning, but it just wouldn't go. Oh well, there's always another visit. I already wrapped that mission and sent a very upset Jeb back home. It's all good though, I'll just strap him to an SRB and give him a parachute and he'll be happy again...

BTW, I put up pictures on my other post, it's got that weird debug message on one, not sure if it'll help you or not.

no its that i can't rotate it up right thats the problem and i am useing a ground pylon i don't know how to flip the first part up right like shown on the video

Edited by Xenon2462
missed information

Out of curiosity, what is the part in the video showing the assembly via KAS below the capsule that is holding the KAS containers?

it looks like a docking washer from Infernal Robotics with a I-Beam and on that the KAS containers.

The science camera is not working for me. Whether assembled in the VAB or on-site with KAS, it has no right-click interactions except to KAS-grab it. Setting an action group on it to take photographs does nothing either. Thoughts?

I think I may be having a similar problem with the science crates. Are they supposed to have function, or are they decorative? EDIT: My mistake, I didn't have any data on my kerbal to put in the crate.

EDIT: I'm getting this error when I go to add the camera to my craft, and again when I go to launch it:

[ERR 17:34:37.915] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id PakRatdataCamera

EDIT 2: Just tested on a clean 24.2 install and it functioned as designed, so it seems to be conflicting with another mod. More testing is required...

EDIT 3: Figured it out. Crowd-Sourced Science was conflicting with Squad's ScienceDefs.cfg and causing the game not to load the PackRat ScienceDefs. Now I just have to figure out how to fix CSS.

Edited by LongbowEOD

The science camera is not working for me. Whether assembled in the VAB or on-site with KAS, it has no right-click interactions except to KAS-grab it. Setting an action group on it to take photographs does nothing either. Thoughts?

I think I may be having a similar problem with the science crates. Are they supposed to have function, or are they decorative?

The camera works for me. The Science crates seem largely decorative. I was however to store science in them (ie did eva report, right clicked the crate and store experiments)

EDIT 3: Figured it out. Crowd-Sourced Science was conflicting with Squad's ScienceDefs.cfg and causing the game not to load the PackRat ScienceDefs. Now I just have to figure out how to fix CSS.

If you are using the Crowd Sourced Science Logs, make sure you only have one copy in GameData\Squad\Resources

I had the same problem, when I wanted to save my original science definitions (rather than overwrite them). I saved the sciencedefs.cfg as sciencebak.cfg, but the file will still load, causing the magnetometer (from Interstellar) to (not) work in a similar manner that you described.

Renaming the original science log file so that the extension is something different (e.g. scienceoriginal.bak) will resolve this error.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.