[0.90.0] Fine Print vSTOCK'D - BETA RELEASE!!! (December 15)

Arsonide

i have the newest think the error might have came up from the get 5km up cause only got 1 complteing for 2 missions 1 was to launch other was get 5km and these stock missions. got message for one but not other saying complteted but the has been removed from list saying complted that may be whats causing the issue.

Is anyone else noticing, at least with aerial surveys, the locations don't persist? I had a contract, 4 targets, built 2 planes, cause one couldn't carry enough fuel to get all, plane 1 hit the two northern most targets, landed and recovered. loaded second plane, 2 southern most targets shifted, one near south pole, one near equator. Is this a bug?

The locations should persist. You didn't happen to patch in between these two missions did you? The patch could have adjusted some things. Did you do anything between the two missions?

no, I patched before taking this mission, {and lost one in progress} I'm using Kerbal construction time, and had to wait for the second plane to be built, and in the mean time, adjusted and landed a probe that was heading for the Mun, but I noticed the change as soon as I recovered and loaded the probe, the spots had changed. can send log and persist if you want.

was able to get around the bug some way and also found kinda the problem is. what i did was eva him out of ship then went back to spaceport then went to radar station and recovrede the craft.boom the craft recovred but jeb wouldnt recover still he was still bugged so i went to build a rocket but then exit out of it and boom he got recovred. about to do more missions to just see if maybe it was a random mission error.

the problem seems to be with the kerbals not the ship. something is messing up tying the kerbals to the ships. any idea what would mess up the kerbals being tied to the ship for recovery?

can conform so far if u eva the kerbal out of the vech then recover vech then try one of the other ways to recover the kerbal it u can recover them

Edited by sidfu

I've accepted all the aerial surveys available, roughly 6, and 50% of the sites are in the arctic circle :P

Easy completion I guess... Except my "long range" plane is really unstable. My short range fighter jet is great for long range flying (stable, not much monitoring needed) but the fuel range isn't great.

Haha, yeah I just ran out of fuel on my return trip with my SU-33 clone. Luckily there was an island for me to put down on when I bust through the cloud layer.

Really liking this addon dude.

I'm still getting aerial survey contracts appearing and I don't have jet engines or air intakes yet. Am I really supposed to do these with only rocket engines?

It is not possible for a mission to generate if there are two on the board. Are you accepting them two at a time? And is your tech tree modified in any way? And are you playing in 64 bit?

Anybody who has missing waypoints or more than two aerial survey missions, can you PM me logs or console pastes of any errors or warnings you might have?

Edited by Arsonide

I've just accepted a Kerbin aerial survey mission in 0.51a, and none of the waypoints are showing up in map view, so I have no idea where to go. Waypoints for a Kerbin rover mission are visible.

I noticed there's a new version, so this may be moot, but here's a small bug I noticed with 0.51a:

I accepted the "Build a new orbital station around the Mun", put it together, launched, and got completion of the "Put your station in orbit of the Mun" as soon as I crossed into the Mun's SOI. Shouldn't that only be marked as completed once a stable, non-escaping orbit is achieved? I know the stock "explore {body}" contracts require that, so it must be possible, but I wasn't sure if you expect to have the necessary orbital parameter checks to handle that (in which case they're not firing properly), or if you only check the station being in the proper SOI.

Hi,

Thanks for this mod, it looks great.

However, I don't think I can do any of the contracts without loosing money, but then I am a n00b :P

For instance a contract for a Mun Spacestation with space for 9 Kerbals pays 196875.

A stock "Test Rockomax orbiting Minmus" pays 320869.

I can make money on the rockomax contract, but I cannot on the space station contract.

I only have stock components to build from. How do I build a space station with space for 9 kerbals. The greatest pod I have currently is the Mk1-2 with space for 3. Should I send three rockets to the Mun to build this?

I think I also saw a contract to build a station on the Mun itself. How can I build a space station on the ground with stock components?

I haven't tried any of the kerbal flying contracts as I currently have no idea on how to build a plane :)

What I'm thinking about doing is showing all waypoints for all missions in the tracking station, even missions that are still on the board, but in game, you will only see accepted ones.

This would help with the issue that I'm having, which is that I don't get directions to the waypoints because I'm using Enhanced Navball. But if I could target the points, I would think that would solve the problem.

BTW, to fix the polar clustering problem, don't assign the latitudes as random numbers between -90 and 90. Instead choose the random variable to be between -1 and 1, and then take the inverse sine of it to get your latitude. I think that should work.

Hi,

Thanks for this mod, it looks great.

However, I don't think I can do any of the contracts without loosing money, but then I am a n00b :P

For instance a contract for a Mun Spacestation with space for 9 Kerbals pays 196875.

I can make money on the rockomax contract, but I cannot on the space station contract.

I only have stock components to build from. How do I build a space station with space for 9 kerbals. The greatest pod I have currently is the Mk1-2 with space for 3. Should I send three rockets to the Mun to build this?

I think I also saw a contract to build a station on the Mun itself. How can I build a space station on the ground with stock components?

I haven't tried any of the kerbal flying contracts as I currently have no idea on how to build a plane :)

Partially, there is still a bit of an issue with stock missions. Use discretion and figure out if a mission is 'doable' before accepting it. For example, I got a contract proposal to test a launch clamp while landed on the moon. Kind of hard to do that when they bolt directly to the launch pad. I might be able to pull it off if I use Extraplanetary Launchpads to launch FROM the mun. But that's a little overkill. So I rejected the contract.

Also, don't rely on just one contract for a given task. Nowhere does it say you can't cover multiple objectives with one 'mission'.

For example, I accepted contracts to gather science from the space around Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus. I took a rocket I built for a probe landing on the moon and used it's extra delta for transfers instead of a landing. Three missions, one rocket. Triple payout. If you're getting requested to build a station, saddle your workhorse up with additional objectives that coincide with it. Then be careful in the future to read what the return payout is for completing a mission. You may be forced to do some objectives at a loss, but you can make those up with a little cunning.

Do you have access to the Hitchhiker can? It's under specialized construction, 160 research points. Carries 4 kerbals.

Here's something I put together in a couple minutes, uses stock parts.

WDQ0Ns9.jpg

You can build the station/base on Kerbal, launch it on a rocket and then land the base on the mun.

RNA73uV.jpg

ynfXBxd.jpg

Helgeras is right to point out that the fees paid for completing contracts are much lower in Small print than for stock contracts. For example, pulling an asteroid into Kerbin orbit pays √74,000. I can make a profit on that because I've completed the science tree and have SSTOs capapble of putting 80 tonnes in orbit and landing back on the runway, so can do the mission for about √60,000 expenditure. But the profit margin is only around 20%, compared with several hundred percent for stock contracts. That's still a good return, is much more realistic than for stock contracts, and makes the financial side of the game more of a challenge, but it's worth noting if you aren't a fan of giant reuseable SSTOs.

Love the mod, but I still can't get the asteroid missions to complete. New Fine print install .52a, accept mission to capture and bring to Kerbin orbit. I go to control center, select an unknown object, track it, build a ship which I launch, intercept the asteroid and then achieve an orbit after which the "achieve Kerbin orbit" req is green. I am inclined about 35 degrees and I have never towed an asteroid into an orbit smaller than about 500k but it is a stable, circular orbit...Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I am using unmanned vehicles in case that matters.

Edited by Sarayakat

Love the mod, but I still can't get the asteroid missions to complete. New Fine print install .52a, accept mission to capture and bring to Kerbin orbit. I go to control center, select an unknown object, track it, build a ship which I launch, intercept the asteroid and then achieve an orbit after which the "achieve Kerbin orbit" req is green. I am inclined about 35 degrees and I have never towed an asteroid into an orbit smaller than about 500k but it is a stable, circular orbit...Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I am using unmanned vehicles in case that matters.

Relevant question: are you towing the asteroid with a claw, or some other means (KAS winch, landing legs, etc.) Also a relevant question: Are you using any mods that might modify the asteroids (to make them mineable or something)?

I can't see aerial way points any where? Am I missing something?

planes.png

As I said earlier, I need to see your logs if you cannot see aerial waypoints. I'm looking at them right now in 0.52a, so I can't debug a problem I'm not experiencing. if you are experiencing this, I am very interested in your logs, please PM them to me. I would also be interested in knowing if anybody else can see these right now. Remember, the waypoints do not display right now in the tracking station, only the in game map. They also do not display for a planet unless you are focused on that planet, or a ship near that planet. Ensure that your mission is not on Laythe or something.

Edited by Arsonide

I'm experiencing the same problem as Sarayakat, the "Have a newly discovered asteroid in tow" part of the contract just won't complete. I'm using 0.51a, towing the asteroid with a standard claw, and haven't quickloaded at any time since launching the asteroid recovery mission, although have quickloaded during a different flight since accepting the contract. Would be happy to PM you logs if that would help.

I found the problem. It was either because I had 2 aerial contracts active at the same time or the fact I had 2 aerial contracts mixed with a ground rover contract. Cancelling all contracts and accepting only 1 Aerial fixed it.

aerialrover.png

No, that isn't it. If you can reproduce it - logs.