Ask Maxmaps Anything on /r/Games

SQUAD

If you go through all of Maxmaps' answers and replace the word "maybe" with "we'll figure out some excuse not to do it" you'll probably have a really good idea of KSP's future development.

That was a bit negative... *cough*and-probably-right*cough*

They really should AT LEAST show the rocket's total weight

Just that alone would be awesome. Would have saved me a lot of reverts back in the day.

Nobody likes math except math people. And both of them don't care.

I used to do the math by hand to get a good feel for how it works internally - now I have a good feel for how it works, so I use mods now. Having a stock thing would be fine by me.

If you go through all of Maxmaps' answers and replace the word "maybe" with "we'll figure out some excuse not to do it" you'll probably have a really good idea of KSP's future development.

so in short you're saying squad is leading us on about features that they have no intention of implementing, and are lazy to boot (they won't implement them not b/c they don't have the time or manpower but because "they'll fine some excuse not to do it")?

so in short you're saying squad is leading us on about features that they have no intention of implementing, and are lazy to boot (they won't implement them not b/c they don't have the time or manpower but because "they'll fine some excuse not to do it")?

Maybe. Or, they could just not want to put that sort of stuff into the game and will make up excuses to not put it in instead of outright saying they won't put it into the game because said features are popular desired features. Alternatively, they could literally have no idea what they're going to be programming next because they have no plan to speak of.

Maybe. Or, they could just not want to put that sort of stuff into the game and will make up excuses to not put it in instead of outright saying they won't put it into the game because said features are popular desired features. Alternatively, they could literally have no idea what they're going to be programming next because they have no plan to speak of.

It's all about timing and fit. Will a feature make sense during a given update? Does it even make sense to do, period? There are a number of factors taken into account internally with this stuff and Max wouldn't be putting it out there if there wasn't something to it. As a rule, we don't make promises this far out with those sort of things, but if Max is publicly mentioning it, rest assured that it has at least been talked about on some level.