Kerbal Space Pic Of The Day - A request for your shiniest screenshots :)

PeteMatthews

A little while ago, I tried to find a nice way of setting up some KSP wallpaper with constantly updating images, and came up empty - So I went a created one, and now I need everyone's help filling it, if you'd be so kind.

I've got Kerbal Space Pic Of The Day up and running and tweaked as I'd like, and now all I need is some nice images. If you're producing shiny shiny KSP shots, I'd really appreciate it if you let me use them for the site - Full credit/attribution will always be given, and all the details are at http://kspotd.net/about-us/.

There's also a guide there on how to use the feed to give you shiny, constantly updating KSP wallpaper, although obviously that'll be a little more interesting when I've got some images up. NASA has a shiny Pic Of The Day feed - Why wouldn't Jeb? He's certainly got more boosters to show off :)

Please let me know if you've got any questions or suggestions, and I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.

Fair enough :) You should have a handful in your inbox.

Excellent - thanks so much - Some posted now, and some scheduled for the future :) Can you check and let me know if you're unhappy with the attribution, etc?

So, sorta like astronomy picture of the day?

Precisely, just more kerbally. As is typical for the internet, there are an awful lot of very talented people out there, building KSP kit that I can only dream of. It makes for great wallpaper. Does lead to some slightly odd conversations at work, though :)

it might be a lot of work separating the wheat from the chaff...

There's some absolutely lovely stuff there, but (at least for the moment) I'd prefer to keep it on a deliberate submission basis - I'm keen to see and promote the work that other people have done, and the last thing I want to do is seem like I'm trying to rip off or profit from anyone else's hard work. I might relax that in the future - we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion though (and I'll spend a while perusing anyway :))

Heres one I did a long time ago with b9 parts

Nice - I'll get it in the schedule - Many thanks.

Excellent - thanks so much - Some posted now, and some scheduled for the future :) Can you check and let me know if you're unhappy with the attribution, etc?

I've attained Jeb level happiness :)

I might go and dig through some of my older screenshots, I'm sure I have a few beauties lying about.

Until then, this will have to do:

tumblr_n9jrz46Yfi1rh6bqdo1_500.png

Also, although its a gif and not a still, It's still quite cool.

tumblr_n548w1XQLA1rh6bqdo1_250.gif

Hmmn...

screenshot246_zpsf58aebf5.png

screenshot161_zps8cc4f93e.png

screenshot96_zpsedc4fd6d.png

screenshot247_zps4c38c473.png

screenshot302_zps4319f24e.png

(yes, I have been spending a lot of time flying this plane lately, now that you mention it...)

screenshot232_zps0565c394.png

screenshot117_zps67825edd.png

screenshot190_zps6b4b3780.png

screenshot192_zps017854f2.png

And just to prove that I do occasionally fly other things:

screenshot66_zpsaca2793c.png

screenshot306_zpsc1e7954b.png

Edited by Wanderfound

This is great, thanx. It'll join APOD as one of my startup tabs. As for desktop wallpaper use, I save any pictures I want to a folder (on my desktop for easy access) that Windows (8.1) looks in to rotate wallpapers.

Enjoy!

T6QO8Ra.png

UxQH387.png

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Most of mine can't compare to what's here, but here's what happened to a 22-kerbal base when I tried to land it on the Mun for the first time. I wonder what they're all saying to each other....

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/Goof112/screenshot12.png' alt='screenshot12.png'>

Well - I sort-of expected that asking people to show off would be popular, but I'll admit that I didn't expect quite this level of contribution... I'm going to need to find a way to manage this lot now, which is an extremely nice problem to have :)

Thanks to everyone who have thrown images my way, both on here and via email - My lovely 1.5Mb DSL is creaking pretty heavily at this point, but I'll get through it all somehow. There are some absolutely fantastic images in this lot - I'll admit that before I started this I wondered about the level of participation I might get, and wondered if making it "Of The Week" might be a better bet, but at this rate, I'm going to have to get posting a lot quicker :)

For anyone who wants a nicer way of tracking this lot, they're also published to a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kerbalspacepicoftheday), and a Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/kspotd_net) if you're not loving the wallpaper/RSS options. Let me know if there are any other feature requests, etc.

There have been a few submissions that are great images, but are a little smaller than I might like for my personal wallpaper (I'm running a few high res screens at work) - I don't want to skip over the images, as they're great, so I might sometimes post a montage or polaroid-pile-type image to get some of them in there together. I'll ensure that things are attributed properly, and really hope this won't offend anyone.

Anyway - Thanks again, everyone - I just hope the site is useful/entertaining and does justice to all these great shots :)

Pete