The Plernerts!

Felsmak

I have a request: Do Prominatus and it's moons form my Kerbol+ idea: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88952-Kerbol-Planets-Pack-Idea

I'll see what I can come up with! There won't be any visible rings, though. Voon and Orbo are both supposed to have them, but neither has any that are depicted here.

The reason for that is the boring perspective and the need to save space.

I'm glad you like it! I'm also done with all its moons except Fonso (Daphy is just a speck at this scale, by the way). I'm having some difficulties with the terrain as it's not gonna be obscured by clouds this time, but I could just move on to Hyphat while I think, or something.

I still think you should finish Fonso before moving onto Hypat (You misspelled it, but that's okay). Maybe you shouldn't put the canyons on Fonso, and focus more on making it look like it has 2 atmospheres. (Well, you know what I mean by "2 atmospheres")

And I absolutely can't wait for the moons! Keep up the fantastic work!

That's... That's... OOOHHHHH MMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY KKOOOOOOOOODDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That. Is. PERFECT. Just. PERFECT. Thank you so much! I Absolutely LOVE the way you did Mania! Keep up the excellent work, and I already know that Hypat, it's moons, and Siliskus are going to be AMAZING!

Could you share higher resolution versions of the ones in the OP? Particularly those of the stock bodies.

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. They're made in that size, so scaling them up would just look bad.

I might try and make something more hi-res in the future, however!

That's... That's... OOOHHHHH MMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY KKOOOOOOOOODDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That. Is. PERFECT. Just. PERFECT. Thank you so much! I Absolutely LOVE the way you did Mania! Keep up the excellent work, and I already know that Hypat, it's moons, and Siliskus are going to be AMAZING!

I'm glad you liked them! :) Here are Hypat and its moons as well. Now I just need Siliskus!

ZOB6ZB0.jpg

7O3mlyU.jpg

Edited by Felsmak

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. They're made in that size, so scaling them up would just look bad.

I might try and make something more hi-res in the future, however!

Aw, that's too bad! I was thinking those would make a great wallpaper for a KSP fan like me.

And now a comet and another tribute to Nova! As you can see, it's named after him, and just because I remember the time when he developed the planets so fondly I even based the shape of the nucleus on Fry from Futurama, which was his avatar at the time.

91Ofw1u.jpg

Nice!

Wait, on a semi-related topic... "Kerberos" is a real dwarf planet? :P

Yep, it's one of the two most recently discovered moons of Pluto (along with Styx). Basically it's just an alternate name for Cerberus, which was the choice on the poll that ultimately decided the names of these two new-found moons.

I've a question: Do you use Texture-Maps for the planets you draw before making them round or do you actually draw them round from the beginning. If you use Textures and i would ask you for a Gas Giant with specific description how it should look, then could you also share the Texture Map if you are finished so the design could actually be implemented in a planet Pack?

I'm not deeep in Graphic Design, so i don't know how you make these awesome planet drawings and don't know if it is possible or even included in your way of designing these?

They aren't 3D; I just draw them. I create a flat disc in Photoshop, and then I draw the cloud bands on it. Then I just apply a few effects to enhance it some more.

I'm sure I could create a texture map as well, though. After all It's really just a bigger and more rectangular gas giant. I would not be able to include the effects, though. So the planets would not look like this in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.